Transformers Cyberverse Deluxes - TakaraTomy Mall Exclusive in Japan

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by PoweredConvoy, Apr 15, 2020.

1. cirrusstratus1

cirrusstratus1 ROGUE AUTOBOT LEADER

The mighty Shockwave is a bug now? They continue to bastardize Shockwave's alt mode with each passing action figure series.

2. Rated X

Rated X Well-Known Member

Would be nice if the KO guys can churn these out that way you dont have to buy 6 dumb looking kiddie figures to get this character. Yeah the face is a bit cartoony, but I cant be the only one who would throw this guy on a cybertronian themed chug shelf.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2020
  3. SoundwaveSuperior

SoundwaveSuperior "The Scourge of the Sky"

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Genuine question: have you never seen Cyberverse Shockwave's alt mode before?

• Like Like x 2
  4. Lore Keeper

Lore Keeper Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    YouTube:
    It doesn't look like this line will continue past Macaddam, considering Cyberverse has already ended. I would love to see them continue with the BAF idea in the future though. It would be a great way to bring us more obscure or non-transforming characters. Heck, they could do pretender shells. Do one pretender core transformer per wave, but have each figure in the wave come with part of his shell. Or they could do action masters or random characters like Primacron or Garnak.

5. deathdrive

deathdrive Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ABSOLUTELY NOT. Just do individual figures stop encouraging dick move behavior from hastak

• Like Like x 2
  6. Lore Keeper

Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Look at it this way. The odds of them selling pretenders, action masters, or non-transformer characters as stand-alone releases are extremely low. Pretenders and action masters arguably killed off G1 by not selling well. Hasbro would be wary of repeating that mistake. However, releasing these as bonuses to figures that are more financially viable would be a great vehicle to get these characters out to the fans.

• Like Like x 2
  7. ToaDraco

ToaDraco Lightning Strike Coalition Force

Ebay:
    I definitely agree. It encourages collecting and can give us more obscure, non-transforming characters. Let's be honest there was no way we were getting Macadam otherwise. I look forward to finishing him once the remaining Cyberverse figures start showing up.

• Like Like x 2
  8. BombSquad

BombSquad Lies! It's all lies!

News Credits:
    Even at one figure per wave, it would take years to get through all the Pretender and Action Master characters. And it seems pretty impossible to make a satisfactory Pretender as a BAF.

9. Blackhand

Blackhand Well-Known Member

Wave 1 figures start to show up where I live, however... Some moron(s) decided to sell them at Siege voyager price point (probably because of that baf piece)... Most likely these will share the fate of these Spark Armour figures - these went through numerous sales (up to 33% off so far) and it seems "nobody" wants to buy them.

10. Lore Keeper

Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I agree it's not ideal, but I don't see them doing it any other way. Of course, I'm happy to be wrong and have them release all these things and have them sell well enough to keep going. :) 

11. Venixion

Venixion Evil Dust Bunny-con

News Credits:
    Eh. I'm not excited. Most of them are robots we've already seen a bazillion times in the line and one is a BAF.

12. msol

msol Well-Known Member

That's too bad, the Spark Armour figures are the best modern TFs my 4 year old kid has played with -- Prowl especially.

13. deathdrive

News Credits:
    Id counter that by saying if they made highly articulated action masters that had transforming vehicles that integrated into armor with a TINY BIT of transforming (like arms behind the back or legs fold up etc etc) involved in the figures we would have a great toyline on our hands. As for pretenders eh, we did get them in POTP sure but we could have had it like armor shields that make up the combined pretender then have those pieces become other things like a weapon for the inner bot or turn into a jetpack, get crazy with the creativity, heck they could turn into drones to fight alongside the inner bots.

Id personally love if they did action masters like how i said. Heck combine both to make it a mishmash line if they gotta.

• Like Like x 1
  14. deathdrive

News Credits:
    How does this encourage collecting? Its a HUGE turn off considering they keep doing the same chars again and again. Ive been collecting for many years and i dont buy every single optimus prime. Hell i like my freedom of choice and distribution is bad enough!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Lore Keeper

Instagram:
    YouTube:
    It's worked very well for Marvel Legends so far. People will sell their kidney to get a certain toy to complete a BAF.

16. IgnikaMarcus

IgnikaMarcus DON'T TRUST THE RENDERS!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This right here.
    And honestly, the combiners are basically BAFs at the end of the day.
    You wanted Superion, you still had to buy the five individual Aerialbots.

• Like Like x 1
  17. deathdrive

News Credits:
    This is not a good example of encouraging collecting. Its the most toxic form of collecting youre talking about, scalpers, bad distribution, those contribute to jacked up horrible pricing and frankly is segregation rather than encouraging collecting. Encouragement is freedom of choice.

• Like Like x 1
  18. deathdrive

News Credits:
    And thats the ONLY kind of baf we should have. Not having to buy chars you dont want just to get a piece of a toy thats useless lest you buy all of them.

19. Lore Keeper

Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I wasn't saying the effects of the BAF gimmick are always positive, but they will encourage (or possibly coerce) people into collecting the whole set.

20. Blackhand

Blackhand Well-Known Member

That's exactly what Hasbro does all the time. Great example - WfC Siege final waves. Only deluxes were available in stores. I had to order Micromasters at AliE, because once these sold out at Amazon, became unavailable (except eBay, at doubled price). I was lucky with Apeface, I found him in one online store a week ago (at reasonable price, I don't take into account those sold at almost leader price point). I didn't find Battlemasters anywhere. Or these Amazon exclusives (Punch/Counterpunch, Blast Off), these go for $80+ except Repugnus. Or Siege Skywarp, yet another Amazon exclusive. Greatest proof that Hasbro doesn't care is that they repacked Astrotrain and Smashdown as Earthrise (and they are going to do the same in case of Rung). Honestly, I feel sorry for all these poor folks who are going to buy these again just to get that tiny map piece.

It's their business, they run it as they see fit. Only way to change it would be by "voting by wallets", but I doubt that massive boycott of entire brand will ever happen just to make owner to stop milking fans.

• Like Like x 1