Transformers Compendium Vol. 1 listing

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by nune, May 5, 2024.

1. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well at least for the next volumes, and I read Mark Bellomo had his commentary ready to go to. The Rarities issue released by IDW isn't a good substitute, but it was nice a great release
    51bzZ9Y0nHL._SY445_SX342_.jpg 31qPmqMAx2L._SY445_SX342_.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  2. Predakwon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My post was in reference to the discussion above regarding the TFTM post so it mattered to some. It's minor to me so whatever, just keeping a conversation.

But I agree with you on the last part. If were to put my money on it, I think these will just reprint the last IDW Classics.

Going by Skybound precedence, there is A SMALL chance it can still have HM though. The release info isn't always 100% accurate
    Invincible Compendium 1 is listed with just issues 0-47, but it also includes some of Image Comics Summer Special 1 and Pact #4
    Invincible Compendium 2 is listed with just issues 48-96, but it also includes Astounding Wolf-man 11 and Invincible Returns.

I also doubt a TF vol. 2 will include anything beyond 45-80. It'd be the biggest Compendium by them at like 1100 pgs if they included GI JOE/TF and HM (which I think are important to the story vs Universe and TFTM)

3. Hans

Hans Secret Agent

News Credits:
    Ugh, yeah.... I despised that G.I. Joe crossover (the I.P., the story *and* the art), but yeah, it does explain how Bumblebee had turned into Goldbug. The crossover was never printed in the Netherlands, so it was always a huge question mark for me how that happened....

4. JJJ

JJJ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Galvatron. The answer is always Galvatron. (and Wreck-Gar, in this instance)

• Like Like x 2
  5. Hans

Hans Secret Agent

News Credits:
    Unless you didn't live in the UK, where the answer was.... unfortunetly.... G.I. Joe ;) 
    But yeah, the UK was lucky to get at least a decent storyline out of that one.

6. AMAC

AMAC Well-Known Member

This is 10% now, so I just pre-ordered for $58.49.

7. despicablebhao

despicablebhao Well-Known Member

gi joe just got a kickstarter for a complete compendium, yall think TF will get one?

8. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The Joe one is also $350 shipped and they STILL don’t put it in chronological order (they put the minis in the last volume). Even if they do a TF one, I doubt it’ll be worth it… but we’ll see.

9. Predakwon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    To be fair, unlike Transformers, the GIJoe and the Transformers is completely irrelevant to GI Joe. Most Joe fans ignore it completely. It's never referenced in the main series. I don't even think in #138-142 for G2. To a lot of Joe fans it makes sense to leave it at the end as supplemental rather than stick it in the crossover heavy vol. 2

The Yearbooks and Specials Missions timeline wise are from after #50 and wrap up by #100.

10. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover Poorly-Known Member

News Credits:
    Having looked over the GI Joe campaign (which looks quite successful), I imagine the TF campaign will look somewhat similar, especially with option of Decepticon or Autobot themed slipcase and cover. I'm hoping the TF version includes UK, G2, and Regeneration One.

11. Thundershot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Now THAT would make me jump in. But Headmasters really NEEDS to be slotted in before issue 38…

• Like Like x 2
  12. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover Poorly-Known Member

News Credits:
    For me, total contents is a MUCH bigger issue than how the various series are ordered*. I have had to do dumber things than flip between two books a couple times to read a story in order (I'll avoid a long discursion into how Marvel collects events). All the other stuff in the Kickstarter seems nice (collector cards, bookplates, etc) - I do wonder if a successful TF campaign will follow up with KS campaigns for DW and IDW (one assumes IDW would be broken up into 2-3 eras for Compendium sets).

*Having said that, I'd love Headmasters in before TF#38, all the tech spec things put at the end with Universe, and the rest of the stuff in UK/G2/RegOne order

• Like Like x 1
  13. Predakwon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, I'd love for HM before #38, and GIJ/TF in the proper place as well, but content is priority.
    I'm hoping Skybound doesn't just use the scan files from IDW. At least they should clean them up a bit, especially the text spelling errors.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Thundershot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If they had all the UK stuff, I would be in. However, I don’t see it happening any more than Regen or TF84. They’ll probably be using the files from IDW, which means the coloring will be all frelled up, too.

• Like Like x 1
  15. flux convoy

flux convoy RIP Botcon.

Ebay:
    The UK stuff not getting completed for the IDW collections still burns. I was all in. Excited to finally have all of both collections then poof. Up in smoke. I really hope we do get the full run of Marvel reprints this go around.

16. Predakwon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So the Joe Kickstarter will be with the best "AVAILABLE" scans. Take that for what it's worth
    Screenshot 2024-05-30 120030.png Screenshot 2024-05-30 115948.png

17. Thundershot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  18. BombSquad

BombSquad Commander Broadside Proponent

News Credits:
    Yeah if they're doing the same for Transformers that either means the poor quality of IDW's first reprints or the recolored version. If it's either of those it's a pass for me. Honestly very low effort of them to ask for Kickstarter money up front but not invest in new high-quality scans.

19. Predakwon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, it doesn't sound promising that they're going to improve any of the files....:puke: