'Transformers' Comic to Explore Cybertron Before the War

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by AzT, Dec 18, 2018.

1. NanakoPreame

NanakoPreame Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Also, the first incarnation of the X-Men were white dudes. And it wasn't till Uncanny X-Men that the diverse team thing got going.

2. Darth Gonzo

Darth Gonzo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The MCU might change that.

3. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    Damn I weirdly like the communications tower so much. That’d be so cool if he just hops around and connects through lines or whatever. That sounds cool.

4. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ah I got it. All the Siege Deluxes have squared off shoulders to allow you to add cog as a shoulder shield. Bee has those same shoulders. Even Prowl does with a super curvy alt mode. Notice the square shoulders and rounded chest. This is our deluxe. I'm calling it.

IMG_20190107_213340.jpg Transformers Siege Sideswipe And Cog - Weaponized! New Toy Photo From TakaraTomy__scaled_800.jpg DwVGJTJUUAcFd8b.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  5. batfan007

batfan007 Double the Dragon

News Credits:
    Well, someone was doing their first ever fan custom spraygun-repaint, so he's bubbled up all over and is basically $^%&@ed in technical terms. ;) 

• Like Like x 1
  6. Magnum Dongus

Magnum Dongus @DiddlyDipstick on Twitter

Ok, so right of the bat, I am pleasantly surprised with Bumblebee's design. Judging by the path that pretty much every piece of TF media has been taking in recent years, I was expecting them to go with the whole, "Oh we just loooove G1" yet making BB a fucking mute striped muscle car for the hundredth time in a row. And it can't be just me who hates the parts placement of the headlights on his chest rather than his feet, right? Those door wings too. They're not inherently bad design choices (except the mute thing; that's genuinely annoying), but when they are plastered all over a character for over a decade, all of it having originated in the... wonderful Bay universe, they get a bit annoying to say the least.
    [​IMG]
    Since the series was announced, I came in expecting them to use another version of this asshole, and I'm glad they didn't.

As for the new series as a whole, I can understand the fatigue from G1, but as someone who has read almost no IDW and has been waiting for a long time to finally have a TF series to read as the issues come out, I am on board.

• Like Like x 2
  7. batfan007

News Credits:
    Yep, as was like 99% of whitey marvel and comics in general ( being mostly created by Jewish writers).
    It still makes me laugh when people cry "where is the diversity" in "x' or "y".
    The thing is, writers tend to write about their own experiences. Admittedly, Lee made an effort to add some non-jewish non-white characters in there after he realized that his comics were actually connecting with people in a relevant way, (such as Black Panther) and with an older audience that he met in person in the college circuit tour years. Later writers made more of an effort to have people from various places, races and faiths there on day #1, so it was not forced into something or retconned or whatever the hell passes for writing these days in corporate superhero comics.

8. batfan007

News Credits:
    Ironically as G1 fan (who also enjoys everyhing else) I would not mind seeing a bay bee in the comics. Or something that is not G1 Bee with the Cyberverse look.
    He just looks clunky to mee, rather see a new or updated design.
    We've had Prime and Animated and just seeing "G1 Bee again" is rather boring. Comes down to the head/face no matter what car he turns into.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    I’d agree the head but I feel the altmode defines the character and their personality in a way. The tubbiness of the beetle fits with G1 bee in his adventurous nature like how Herbie the lovebug does.

10. IgnikaMarcus

IgnikaMarcus Scale Charts are pointless.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So, what? Prime downgrades his vehicle mode later in the war?

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
  11. jcard2005

jcard2005 Well-Known Member

I think I\'m looking forward to this new comic. I stopped reading IDW TF once the war was over and BB was on Cybertron dealing with the political crap and Hot Rod and Magnus went looking for something.

But I loved the Wrecker stuff.

• Like Like x 2
  12. RodimusZero

RodimusZero Steezin fo no Reason

News Credits:
    Dammit, every one of these teasers just make me want to see the combined Galaxy Convoy Prime mode... I guess Hasbro is going to make us wait until Toy Fair, though. :( 

• Like Like x 2
  13. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    Bastards.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    You missed some of the best IDW had to offer.

• Like Like x 5
  15. fishpop

fishpop Squishy Bear

Ebay:
    Ominous Soundwave is ominous.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    I hope he’s a lot more creepy and ominous in this one starting off. It’d be nice to have a soundwave who seem emotionally ambiguous.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    Maybe not initially but I am pretty sure X-Men is about diversity and prejudice, I mean it is super clear as well as the Cold War too.

But yes I agree politics has ALWAYS been in comics, we just live in a time we’re people are extremely sensitive about the topic.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  18. Focksbot

Focksbot Skeleton Detective

At no point have the recent comics been "only" an allegory, or even provided much in the way of a straight allegory. They've referenced recent bits of political news, and put in characters that are *partial* analogues of certain identities - that's it. Almost always as a sideline to the main story, not to mention loads of other plot threads.

What Rob says above is right - the way writers use politics in their stories hasn't changed - except in the sense that it's actually *more* subtle than it used to be! (Early Marvel comics are incredibly preachy). The only reason it's seen as more of an issue now is because the audience for the comics is more prickly and politically sensitive. Whereas before it was generally non-comic-reading parents and conservative and religious groups who would've complained about the progressive bias in comics, we now have a generation of comic readers who are as uncomfortable with stark progressivism as their parents used to be.

• Like Like x 6
  19. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    I didn't mean the character choice, I meant the actual execution of the "art". That swill made the Pander Brothers look like Da Vinci.

20. DocSeth81

DocSeth81 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    do you mean giant size xmen?