Transformers: Combiner Wars Episode 4 Unforgotten

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by jamarmiller, Aug 23, 2016.

1. jamarmiller

jamarmiller S.K.A.R. LEADER

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  2. God Ginrai

God Ginrai Energon Enthusiast

Asides from the fact that the episode didn't bother to explain why Megatron and the Constructicons were fighting, it was actually rather good. Best episode of the series so far. While I don't really like Megatron's voice actor, I do like how the character acts.

3. NotRamjet97

NotRamjet97 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That was pretty good. Only issue I see people having with it is the Constructicons apparently talk in Minicon.

4. RMStunticon

RMStunticon Dan Kuroto Fan

Only Long Haul is a robot I guess. Other than that, I suppose the episode was definitely a step up.

5. Star Cracker

Star Cracker Well-Known Member

3D model for Megatron's robot mode wasn't that bad and they managed to really capture the face well. Still can't say I'm a fan of the choppy animation though. I don't know. I guess it is what it is.

6. Megastar

Megastar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm glad the Constructicons only talked in beeps and whistles, because this was meant to be a Megaton centric episode.

7. Stardust262

Stardust262 Moe is the Only Way

News Credits:
    Megatron is the best thing about this show so far.

8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Lots of TV shows have had character-focused episodes and still allow side characters to talk.

That's a terrible excuse for their lack of voices.

9. PPProductions

PPProductions Autobrat

I'm just gonna type out my thoughts as the episode happens

What is it with this show using Half-Life sounds?

The music when Optimus and Megatron are in the arena just feels...slightly out of place. It doesn't really sync up with what is happening.

I just realised the track is nearly identical to Two Steps From Hell (Thomas Bergersen) -Freedom Fighters.

Also I love how they are trying to make peace with Megatron and Windblade achieves this by punching him in the face for no reason at all.

Megatron is the only character so far that I would say is likable. Everyone else is either boring or a bastard. I'm still not invested in what is happening though.

Another week, another 5 minutes of random colours and sound.

Sidenote: Oh shit the Beast Wars blog

10. Megastar

Megastar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They were there to get knocked around by Megaton and that's it they didn't need to talk and if they never show up again than there's no point in giving them voices in the first place.

11. pokemonsdoom

pokemonsdoom MadameVixen

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Agreed, but at least i did get to see some stabbing and maybe robots dying, It was glorious to see Mighty Megatron destroy the constructicons, in a gladiatorial match. Heeehahahaha, even the cityspeaker getting creeped out by Megatron saying He is a fan of her work is amazing, This episode started to go uphill...NOT LIKE IT HAD FAR TO GO DOWNHILL, it already hit rock bottom. still waiting for Windblade's brutal demise to happen, maybe at the hands of the mistress of flame herself? Some Bullhooks to tear "windblade" limb from limb?

12. Fallout

Fallout Banned

News Credits:
    stupid that the constructicons didn't say anything. especially since there's only three of them.

megatron is the highlight of this whole series

13. SeanTF1967

SeanTF1967 Autobot

News Credits:
    We all know the Constructicons have to show up again. Devastator has to show up, voiced by Patrick Seitz. IIRC, Patrick Seitz voiced WFC Silverbolt. Anyway, I wonder if we'll see Devastator vs Victorion.

The episode itself was good, and I like Megatron's personality, not so much the voice though. The animation improved a bit. However, the highlight of the episode was Megatron.

14. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    My favorite part so far :) 

15. Stryyder

Stryyder Just another soldier

Acting and storytelling was a step up here, but the premise is still far too vague. Why was Megatron exiled? If the Autobots "won" the war, he should have gone to trial, as in the comics storyline.

Why are the constructicons here? Prowl leading them was a HUGE part of the CW.

I hate constantly sounding like the purist who wants everything just like the original story, but I'd like to see SOME kind of connection,.

16. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

HAH! As much as everyone wants that, it's never going to happen.

I'm amazed Windblade managed to leave without killing them. Still, I doubt their demise will be dignified. I still think there's a chance Windblade will end up killing Devastator.

I definitely agree Megatron was good, even if his voice wasn't. I really like the idea of a Megatron who's found peace in exile. If this was better written, and had the time to explore, well, anything at all, there would be a lot that could be done with this take on Megatron.

Eh, I'm fine with him being exiled. It's completely illogical, but it's some kind of punishment... Sort of. Besides, it gives an excuse for him to still be out and about when we're introduced to him.

This has as much of a connection to the IDW comics, as the original cartoon had with the Marvel comics. I don't know why anyone expected anything more.

17. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So part 4 of 10? Sure doesn't seem like there is going to be enough time for a story when we are almost 1/2 over and still getting non combiners to just meet up.

As for the beeping, I though it was the Contructicons receiving a transmission from the Enigma and it was going to cause them to form Devestator.

18. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Part 4 of 8.

So already half over.

19. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Because it's not the 80s anymore, and this weird borrowing from one continuity but not being part of it thing is needlessly confusing. Plus, it's not like the show itself is actually explaining anything whatsoever. There was that joke of a prelude miniseries that established nothing, and now the show itself is failing to actually give information.

20. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

These days, nearly every TF continuity borrows from other TF continuities. The only thing that creates any greater connection here is the fact that they're both G1, and both called Combiner Wars, which in both cases, is because of the toy line, not the comics.

However, I can't deny that this series is being rather vague on what's happening.