Transformers Collectors’ Club 2012 Runabout Bio and pics!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Lumpy, Sep 16, 2011.

1. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    that's true... my membership is up right around early march, and i plan to have my wife renew for me in february... so no worries about being a member, but still limiting people (even if just for a day or two) to avoid people buying 8-10 would help, and i know there's fans who helps fans by doing that, but ultimately that lets scalpers do the same thing... in all honesty, there probably isn't one way in which to make everyone happy and have a quick sellout... that's just life...

true, but again, based on the toy, he looks great... and even then, the cartoon model lacked extra colors that it should've had, so if anything, the cartoon did it wrong... i personally love the gray, as it breaks up the black and red nicely... but hey, you're welcome to your opinion...

2. Lumpy

News Credits:
    you can actually do it without any modding at all, and i get the faction logos not being displayed, but sometimes i think they just work well... these two strike me as idiots who want people to know they're decepticons... but i see your preference reasons...

3. gothsaurus

gothsaurus Evil Overlord of Doom

Ebay:
    I'm guessing it may be possible to remove the tampos and/or stripes. I may get an extra to make a black tracks with some paint stripping, a head swap and a little modification.

4. Lumpy

News Credits:
    why not just buy an extra Tracks and paint him black?

5. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    Pete I think this might be a plan that works. To make it so everyone is happy, do a Reservation. not a pre-order, but a reservation. It is considered a purchase. No price tag on it, limit it to one or two. It gives you a rough estimate of the demand. They give you their card number as if they were making a purchase. Then, when the toys go up for sale, those who reserved get their orders filled. THEN the buying frenzy can occur. It fixes the problem that you presented with a pre-order, the only thing thats potentially wrong with it is that a customer could be nervous buying something when they dont know the price. But then those people shouldn't be the ones reserving, and put up a disclaimer saying that, nice, big brightly colored letters that its considered a purchase.

OR

When the toy comes in and the prices go up, limit the members to only being able to buy one or two. This gives it a chance to get up on the TFW boards and everywhere else so people can get the notice to buy! Then, after 2 days, remove the limit.

Both of those ideas should solve the problem of people wanting exclusives not getting them and you don't need to worry about too many leftovers.

6. Petes Robot Convention

Petes Robot Convention Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ramjet lasted for 24 hours
    Punch was available for 5 days
    Seacons were available for 2-3 weeks
    Nightbeat and Cyclonus for well over a month
    Cheetor is still available (though not many left)

We send out emails to members and post on every social network we are on when these go up. We also give a heads up of the time frame well in advance. Most everyone is aware when these go up.

If you want to have a discussion, you need to stick to the facts and not use exaggerations like "10 minutes."

I have given you the answers, I am sorry if they are not the ones you want... But we are taking steps to make all exclusives a success for both us and the club members...

7. Grandum

Grandum Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Look, you're probably a nice guy and all but really - getting upset about chug toys beeing too much like g1 is kinda silly.

And there is really no need for comments like that when there are collectors like me out there who are collecting more screen accurate toys, like for example gets a united megatron instead of a classics megatron. We have a right to our oppinion too without snarky remarks like that

Actually that is a great example. The fact that united megatron was even produced just goes to show that there is a market for collectors who wants more g1 accurate representations, you might not like it - but at least show some respect for the people who do.

8. GAUGE

GAUGE ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

News Credits:
    Even I would like these guys. I'm just scared of joining only to get terrible messed up paint flaws like alot of their stuff has been getting as of late.

I also hope that Rubbing Alcohol will work on Runabout's Vehicle mode. the red stripes look awful. :( 

They could have just as easily put them on the sides like they did with Runamuck

9. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    wow i thought the exaggerations were close to actuality. Unless you think my ideas i posted right above your post are good, ignore that ^^;; Though i dont remember getting the message about Ramjet being available...

Cheetor is still available, huh? brb...

EDIT:: shoot, forgot my $$ is tied up in other stuff. will need to make sure i set aside some money specifically to get Runabout lol.

Oh, and a question: If I miss out on Runabout for whatever reason, would he be available at Botcon? dunno if thats a stupid question or not, but i feel the need to ask lol

10. Petes Robot Convention

News Credits:
    Please note that these flaws are the minority, NOT the majority.

At BotCon, the number of toys we trade out do to "flaws" are so unbelievably minimal. Maybe around 10-15 each on average at the most...

Runamuck/Bout should be JUST fine...

11. Lumpy

News Credits:
    first, i'm not upset at all... nor am i upset about anything... not sure where you got that from...

i agree with this. i bought Henkei Megatron and sold Classics because I liked the colors more, i'm merely having a discussion about this figure that we're being shown, and presenting my opinion, as you are yours...

again, i love things that a more g1, but it doesn't have to be perfect to the cartoon either... that's all i'm saying... some people look to the toys as more g1, it's all a matter of opinion...

12. Petes Robot Convention

News Credits:

I hope he isn't :)  We would like these to sell out in about a week. Cheetor was slower though and we did have him at BotCon. Though we are about 95% sold through on Cheetor...

13. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    so, following what you said (making sure im keeping up, been sick) there werent any Ramjets sold at Botcon

14. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    @Pete, I think some of the members were not happy because the email of Ramjet being available was sent to some after they were sold out, I hear.

You know, Grandum, they are not to your taste, we get that. (At least I do), but hey, when you make a G1 homage bot, SOMEONE will bitch. Its just who. If its done according to the cartoon, the toy purist will bitch. If its according to the toy, the cartoon purists will bitch. It matters not, you CAN'T make everyone happy. So if you think its good, you can buy it, otherwise, well, wait for the next time someone do them.

15. Petes Robot Convention

News Credits:
    I just realized this thread is titled "BotCon 2012 Runabout"... This is the TCC's Runabout.

16. Grandum

Grandum Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hey Pete,

I must admit that whilst disapointed with the choice of color I am thankful and greatful for everything you do for the community.

Here's a thought though. Since there are obviously people who experience a difficulty in attaining these toys (not weighing in on if they are or not - but more so that that is how the fandom feels about the matter) would it be an idea to do a pre order system with a significant mark up?

I realize that you might not know the exact price of the toys until you actually have them in hand, but surely you must have a ballpark figure of how much one could cost at the most.

I say use that price and add $10-$25 to it. (The price would the ofcourse be normalized when in stock.) Considder it a fee for the service you are providing with the pre order. If the realprice is less, then grats you made a profit. If it's higher then the markup should cover it. That way you have your risks covered and more people can get a chance to buy the toys.

But more importantly, it would give the benefit of changing the fandoms perception of the toys availability.

With the current system, if a fan misses out, they blame you for not making enough toys.

With a pre order system, if a fan misses out, they blame themselves for being cheapskates and trying to get the toys for a cheaper price later on.

Would something like that work?

Looking forward to hearing your feedback on this.

//Grandum

17. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I feel like some are missing from that list. What's missing?

I have trouble believing Punch was available for five days - from the amount of bitching I saw about it, that doesn't sound right at all.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2011
  18. Petes Robot Convention

News Credits:
    Grandum, ideally what we want is to make sure everyone gets these at the best price we can provide. And you will always have people who want to wait until their closer in stock. And with the way productions goes, we would have to start pre-orders VERY soon. I am not sure people would want $150 tied up for 6+ months...

19. Petes Robot Convention

News Credits:
    I left Astrotrain and Airrazor off because they were available for YEARS :( 

20. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Terrorcon King

True. Didn't they only just finally leave the store? I remember them being in-stock when I signed up the year we got Dion, and I have vague recollections of them still being available into this last (Sideburn) year...