Transformers Collectors’ Club 2012 Runabout Bio and pics!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Lumpy, Sep 16, 2011.

1. Grandum

Grandum Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    See I think that's exactly the problem. The toys looked like one thing and the cartoon characters look like another. Me, I'm looking for representations of what the characters looked like in the cartoon more so than updated versions of what the toys looked like (I think the jetfire helmet was a ******ed idea) and if you look at it from that perspective I think you'll agree with me in saying that whilst this might look cool and all, it's not really a good representation of what Runabout looked like in the cartoon

2. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    This is what I would have preferred them to look like... minus the giant eyesore Con logos on the hoods:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

But hopefully with a few tweaks here & there, we can easily mod what we're getting. The "wings" definitely have to go.

3. bradforj

bradforj Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My suggestion was not limiting it to members only. I was to limit it for a short time period, then open it up to everyone.

4. gothsaurus

gothsaurus Evil Overlord of Doom

Ebay:
    Don't forget you can fold back the flaps and tuck the missiles into them... and get the backpack to look like the original figure WITHOUT doing any mod. Doing that, it looks pretty spot on.

5. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    :lol  Okay, how many people have kitbashed these guys already? Maybe getting hold of the FunPub versions won't be so hard after all!

6. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    i think higher projections are great, but limiting sales to existing members for a day or two shouldn't prevent a sell out, and it'll keep more people excited about joining for the next year.

THIS...

but buying your membership at the same time allows people to take advantage sometimes...

hopefully... i've never missed out on an exclusive, because i've planned to have the money, because they made it pretty obvious when they would drop orders... but if i happen to be away from my computer that day, i might miss out, and that sucks... there's gotta be a happy middle ground that'll allow a sellout, maybe in a week or two, instead of a day or two

yes you can, because you are awesome...

it would look terrible all black... i think this looks great... but for some people, it'll never be g1 enough... :sigh

7. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy

News Credits:
    I think Runabout looks great!

While Runamuck was an improvement from the mockup in both the car and robot mode, I think Runabout's mockup car mode is nicer than the final car mode (I like the gray and more colors better than the stripes and no gray).
    [​IMG]

They both do look great together though, and I think this is one of the best exclusives yet.
    [​IMG]

Though Drift doesn't really excite me as much as some of the past exclusives.

Randy

Attached Files:

8. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

Works for me!!!

9. Morf

Morf Well-Known Member

Too much red, other than that, pretty sweet.

10. Petes Robot Convention

Petes Robot Convention Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Did you miss the part where I said we were substantially increasing production numbers?

11. Lumpy

News Credits:
    the giant decepticon logo's on the hood are perfect for these two... why on earth would you not want that?

and there's a way to fold the wings to make them tuck behind, and hold the backpack better to create the g1 hood look.

12. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    So they'll sell out in ten minutes rather than five - sorry, but that doesn't make me feel any better.

You need to listen to the members. I'm not the only one who thinks the current system sucks and needs to be changed. Most of the people posting in here apparently feel the same.

You can make your money AND make the members happy. I do not believe these two ideas cannot coexist.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2011
  13. Lumpy

News Credits:
    but increased numbers does not equal longer time to sell out, especially when there's even more of a draw for this than the last few club toys...

14. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy

News Credits:
    I don't, I like the way the system is. Granted I've never had a problem getting any of the exclusives, so...

Randy

15. Bogatan

Bogatan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    But for most people desperate for this figure they will already have signed up for Runa..whichever. So odds are it's not going to be such a big issue this time, if it is even an issue normally.

16. Grandum

Grandum Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Even so you would still have the issue of all the gray pieces. In the cartoon there was not a single piece on him that was gray, here it's all over the place.

17. SCOURGE33

SCOURGE33 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Lovin the deco on him can't wait to get him. Just hope I'll be able to get 2 of each (bot and alt modes)

18. Lumpy

News Credits:
    while your numbers are wrong, i agree with this sentiment. I would rather have the club exclusives be available for a week or two before they get sold out...

also, if numbers are being increased, and price depends on numbers, this years exclusives should be cheaper, right?

19. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Because I think it looks awful. Plus I've never been a fan of alt mode disguises being splattered with faction logos - especially gigantic ones. Just a personal preference.

Yeah as soon as I have Tracks and/or Wheeljack back in hand, I'm going to do some practice mods with them, haha.

20. AlphaTrionA3

AlphaTrionA3 Autobot

News Credits:
    I think this figure has convinced me to join the TFCC in March of next year. It'll make a great birthday present to myself.