Transformers Collectors’ Club 2012 Runabout Bio and pics!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Lumpy, Sep 16, 2011.

1. bradforj

bradforj Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I didn't see this until after making my last post. I think maybe the club should set a pre-order price that will be safe, such as $75. That should be an ample amount to allow profit for the club, and it will still be less than the amount that people have been getting scalped for on the secondary market.

2. Deadboy

Deadboy Well-Known Member

Hopefully they'll do something like this. This year will be the first year I'm joining because I really want Runabout and Runamuck and I'm going to be SUPER PISSED if I can't get both figures. Pretty much if I get burned on this I'll never join TFCC again, no matter how attractive the exclusives.

3. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Member of the Scrappy Doo Fan Club

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I understand that.

4. Petes Robot Convention

Petes Robot Convention Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not a matter of "can-nots", just telling you the way it works. I am sure most companies would like to produce the EXACT number needed to sell. Sure most retailer would like to order the exact items they need for their customers so they don't have to clearance or do returns. Doesn't work that way...

We don't want to limit, because longer they sit in store, more of a chance they will sit permanently. People don't get around to ordering that second one or what have you.

There is a lot of truth to the phrase "Strike while the iron is hot".

But again, the key is to up quantity, not put unreasonable limits.

5. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    In other words, you will not do anything to assure the members that they will have a fair chance at getting one.

You have just lost a potential customer. I will save myself the headache and live without these.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2011
  6. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

Well that seals it. I'm going to have to renew my Membership.

7. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

This, I mean we do get the free one but what's the free one worth if you miss out on the non freebie. They should at least make enough for the nunber of active memebers and perhaps give members a crack at them 1st.

8. bradforj

bradforj Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hope others feel this way. I'll have an easier time getting one!

In all seriousness though, how about giving members a one-week window to order before opening it up on the website? A one-week, members-only, limit ONE buying opportunity. This could be done after the club has a price for them, so that excuse is solved. After one week, put them up on the club site and let the free for all begin.

9. SamiKai

SamiKai Well-Known Member

THIS!

1 less member means 1 extra freebie that might be put up for sale.

10. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    But not every member buys the exclusives. I know this year is an exception due to the nature of the pair but the 'attach rate' of exclusives to memberships still will not be 100%.

11. Grandum

Grandum Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    GAAAAH!!! really disapointed in these two...especially Runabout. Thing is I was really looking forward to these two as they are two of my fav chars in the decepticon army, but this is a crappy representation of Runabout and I think that most newbie kitbashers can make a better version...sorry to say it, but that's the truth. This looks like someone just took a random autobot car mold and then got the same guy who determined the colors of classics Megatron to do the colors for this one.

I mean it looks cool and all...but it's not Runabout to me, let me illustrate:

[​IMG]

way too much red and silver, and the mold really isn't cutting it.

12. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Pete has shot down every one of these ideas. The club seems to be more interested in selling out immediately than in the idea of keeping the members happy and having stock on hand for more than five minutes.

You would think there would be a middle ground that would make everyone happy, but so far the club does not want to play at all. You would think they would make an exception in this case so members could at least feel somewhat safe about getting the pair. I wonder how many will have a non-complete set when this is over.

The fans bitched for years about registering for botcon by fax and that finally got changed (it did, right?), so I guess this issue could be addressed some day as well. When it does I might finally join up.

13. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    ...too much red? Looks like a proper amount to me.

Besides, you can fanmode the backpack so that it looks more like the Battlechargers, anyway.

14. Bogatan

Bogatan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It would be fine if they would allow members to add to existing orders once the one per member period expired or better they allowed multiple members to combine them into one order for shipping. I can see why this would be a huge hassle for FPs staff on the other hand it would largely eliminate any reason for members missing out on orders.

Of course FP have said they don't want to limit orders as it can hamper their efforts to sell out which is also reasonable considering for a while it looked like the Airrazor/Astrotrain exclusives nearly scuppered any future releases.

15. kmoua7

kmoua7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    One reason they won't do this is because they will essentially be limiting their number of membership, I assume they want as many members as possible. Those that are not members will have to essentially join by paying the non-member price which makes them a member. If you limit only to members then it's counter productive to trying to gain more members by offering something desirable.

16. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    nvm Pete already answereed.

17. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    But it homages the original Runabout toy better, who had gray around his head. Besides, a completely black toy with a few splashes of red would have looked boring.

18. Grandum

Grandum Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yeah, I guess you could do that, and maybe flip the wheels so that they are behind the arms...even though it does mess up poseability - but then you still have those gianormous red wings to deal with

nah, man those wings are such an eyesore to me - I'm actually contemplating getting them for the head molds alone and then get make them my first kitbash - I mean looking at what can be done with the exact same mold but with different colors, you could get something that resembles my idea of what they should look like:

[​IMG]

19. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    Personally I've never had a problem ordering any of the club exclusives, by the same token I'm not sitting in my basement refreshing the interwebs every 5 seconds. Maybe I'm just lucky.

If I may make a suggestion, a limit doesn't have to be set in stone forever. Does the club store allow you to dynamically set and lift limits per item? If so the limit could be set to say 3 for the first 48 hours, then lifted afterwards. I know there's no perfect answer where everyones happy, but that to me seems like a doable solution.

The club has gotten much better about giving the fans a heads up about when to expect pre orders to go live and maybe in the end that's the best we can expect.

20. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    There is a mod video that allows you to hide the wings and raise the back piece. No cutting or gluing involved, just an altered transformation.