Transformers collection: Do each bots in yours get the respect it deserves?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by exomega255, Aug 3, 2010.

1. Moriarty

Moriarty = ♀

News Credits:
    I try. Primus knows I try. But considering they're crammed into my tiny bedroom with myself and my 400+ book collection, some of them are a bit neglected. >:[ Currently all of my favourites are on the top shelf of the bookcase beside my bed (functions as a bedside table; also holds my Transformers DVDs), my Legends are on the shelf below that, the majority of the collection are scattered around on my desk according to faction, and TFAs Swindle, Lugnut and Shockwave are on the bookcase directly opposite my bed.

I did have all of the TFs whose light-piping actually works worth a damn on my windowsill, but I'm terrified one of my curtains will send them plummeting to their doom.

tl;dr one day I shall display them all properly. When I have less books. Which will never happen. Um.

2. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    With me, I have two special sections and the regular sections.

Any Optimus Primal and BW Dinobot figures are on top. Below are personal favorites from growing up in the glory days (BW) to now. Then below it's others in no order. As for posing, all I really can do at this time is having rivals looking at each others. Like BW Rampage and Depth side by side looking at each other ready to battle. I need something bigger to do my dream display.

3. Nez Pierce

Nez Pierce @evildanish

News Credits:
    I haven't made enough room to display my whole collection, let alone give each figure the space it deserves.

4. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Get your priorities straight and sell the books. :p 

I'd be more concerned with colour damage due to the sunlight!

5. Silk Spectre

Silk Spectre The Evil Queen

Most of my loose TFs are displayed on two large IKEA Expedit shelves, and I've become so spoiled by how good it looks that I want to get more of the shelves for the rest of my collection (which includes boxed items). I'm running out of room on the ones I have.

6. col

col Artobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I wouldn't continue getting these if I couldn't pose them. Thing is, I'm getting close to the point of not having enough room to do that, and at that point, I'll either have to store some, or sell some. But yeah, I don't see the point of having a TF if it's just going to stand up in a boring static position.

7. Pride21

Pride21 Honor Wisdom Virtue

My collection has taken up my room. The only place without figures is the tv stand which has a 3 piece sword set. Displayed by group ~ Classics (A:11 D:9), MP (Optimus), Animated (A:2 D:2), Movie 1 & 2 (A:7 D:6), RID (A:5 D:2), BW (M:10 P:11), UT (A:3 D:5), Generations (WFC Optimus). Also Iron Man 2 (IM:2 WM:2) and Power Rangers (2010 Green Ranger and Retrofire MMPR Megazord). MG Gundam (Wing Zero Custom). Hybrid DBZ (SS Goku, SS Vegito). DBZ Ultimate Collection (SS3 Goku, SS Vegeta, SS Gogeta, Piccolo). Probably have just as much if not more in storage bins. Almost forgot all are in a action pose.

8. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    this is my number one fear, me and the sun are bitter enemies, i keep my room dark for my fort max body

9. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Only have a few out at a time. When I get moody I change it up. Currently Hybrid Style Convoy is pointing FP enhanced Superion towards my printer, Warbot and Drift flank my Powered Commander on a shelf, and WFC Prime and Bee tearing it up on my elevated shelf on my desk.

Everyone else gets the bin of bubblewrap, or in the box if I want to sell it.

10. supervir2

supervir2 Feels like the kid in Big everyday.

News Credits:
    Somewhere in-between. Posed, but they are a little cluttered. I've got a few on the way that will force me to redesign the whole look and arrangement. My classics autobots and deceps are about to overflow their shelves at long last

11. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I just breached the point where my collection has become "big" for my shelf space. I no longer can pull of respectful actions poses for my figures.

I can only imagine what's gonna happen if me and my girlfriend decide to move in together...even less space...shit

12. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Clarity of thought...
    so when a Straight-UP Compton gangsta thug is about to pop a 9mm in me, he's doing it because i didn't pose for him?

respecting a figure isn't the same as posing a figure.

with space getting tight, i make practical decisions.
    1.) i don't respect (pose) figures that are duplicates.
    2.) you can't pose the brick-formers (G1) so that isn't an issue.
    3.) the figures i really like get posed as stylishly as possible. Drift, Classics Mirage, Unicron, Alternators Hound, etc.

i have a few movies i need to get a DVD or digital copy of before i unload my VHS collection to the local Goodwill store and get a couple bookshelves in addition to the wall shelves i use now. can't wait for that.

i guess the way i respect my collection is that i respect it more than my Star Wars collection- i have ALL my TF's on display, but 90% of my SW is boxed and in storage.
    but my collection isn't so crowded i have 4 rows of Deluxes in a zig zag pattern on a 6" deep shelf.

13. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    Space? No. Respect? Yes.

Except Universe Heavy Load. I hate that bastard.

14. The touch79

The touch79 Sparticon

They do now. Before I sold my armada toys, they were stored away. I had to sell them in order to be able to purchase classics magnus/city commander. Now movie-verse and classics-universe shine on!