Transformers Collection Display Advice!

Discussion in 'Transformers Collection Showcase' started by Superquad7, May 3, 2011.

1. boomerdave

boomerdave Owns three Ditka figures. O_o Moderator

I keep the vents to the display room closed and covered. The door to the room is always closed unless I'm in there and it cuts the dust down A LOT. When something needs a clean which is pretty rare so far, I use a can of compressed air and one of these:

https://www.amazon.com/Tamiya-Model...=1588179045&sprefix=model+dust,aps,185&sr=8-1

[​IMG]

You can drag it over your hand and barely feel it, it's that fine a brush. Does an amazing job for delicate stuff and grooves in figures without having to mess with their poses.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
  3. octobotimus

octobotimus Plastic Criminal

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Honestly with me being the type of guy to pick up figures and fiddle with them, there’s very few that build up dust. For the few that do can usually brush it off easily. What I watch out for more is spiders. Fuck those creepy things. Had one huddle inside a soundwave before and later grab the figure only to see a web in his shoulder. Thankfully the thing left already but I still had to deal with the dam webs.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Snaku

Snaku Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, I've had to deal with my share of spiderwebs. One time I even found the culprit hiding in MP01 when I was cleaning the webs off. The other thing I have a problem with is earwigs - for some reason they just love my detolfs. Fortunately, we've started spraying for spiders every three months and it's gotten a lot better.

5. robb0429

robb0429 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Is there anyway I can buy IKEA Dioder cool white bar lights? But just the light bars and not the cords and power supply? I have my Detolfs all set up but I'm not a big fan of the warmer lights, and was looking to get cool white bar lights to change out instead. Or is there any other light bar that can plug in to the Dioder plug?