Transformers club Update!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Terrorcon0, Mar 16, 2006.

1. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I have no clue how their licensing agreement works. But considering they have had a different Hasbro license for 10 years seems to indicate they'll be around for awhile.

And any insinuation that this club is losing money is nothing more than specualtion. Noone who posts here can prove that they are losing money, nor can they prove that they are making money. Nor can people say what is said on these boards, or any boards ,represents the majority of the fan clubs paying members. Frankly we hear, on all sites combined, from what, 40, 50 maybe 60 total members? The club has their website on all new Transformers toys. Those toys are seen and bought by thousands of people who don't visit any of these message boards. What does all that mean, probably nothing, but don't take what happens on the boards as any indication of the majority. Unless you, or I are sittign i nthe drivers seat, counting the money and memberships, we can only speculate...Be it positively or negatively.

2. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

Mind explaining how one shorter sentence takes more time than the longer, ruder sentence he wrote?

And people being rude are people being rude. I'm not going to get all up in arms about it, but I have no problem pointing it out.

3. Foster

Foster Haslab Unicron Backer #10 Veteran

News Credits:
    Well, I for one don't want to ruin anybody's St. Patrick's Day weekend doing data entry and stuffing envelopes! No renewal from me!

4. NormanB

NormanB Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So this is the same crew that's been running the Joe Club for a while?

If that's the case, I suspect the combiner will get finished.

Snarky speculation withdrawn.

5. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    Man! Club threads sure are funny! :rolleyes: 

When I got the e-mail last night, I took it as fact. After reading this thread, I guess there can be some truth hidden between the lines and the wording being a spin, but SO WHAT?

Membership is down? Well, I guess the message did go through (the hard way) and FP should be thinking on implementing an alternative plan. Based on comments by both Pete and Rik about Botcon'06 set, it seems FP is listening to fans complaints, so if membership is down, I'm pretty sure they'll try to come up with something to make the club better.

Membership is up? Kudos, then!

-airfox

6. The Phazer

The Phazer Well-Known Member

Normally I would agree with that - but I really doubt the fan club ever had more than 750 members tops.

Given I think there are closer to 2 - 300 regular message board commentators, I really think that's enough of a group to judge.

Phazer

7. Kranix2k

Kranix2k Spare me this mockery!! TFW2005 Supporter

Man, I pretty much slag MC and FP just as much as anyone disgruntled fan can but even I didnt see that message as "spin".

I dont think its the sheer numbers of people signing up, cause I believe just as Phazer does that the club just isnt THAT big, but I think its the sheer number of people signing up AT THE LAST MINUTE (as the email says).

And yeh, that email did come off to me as being somewhat rude but I take it off color, just chalking it up to another lousy PR moment from MC. I really dont expect anything more from these guys anymore. :rolleyes: 

8. Jaguaratron

Jaguaratron Well-Known Member

you mean like remolding the second character like they said they were going to? ;)  Seems to me they are not interested in investing in their product, more that they will try to eek out as much as they can from as small an outlay as possible. This is a small minded, short term business strategy imo.

9. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Comic Ink - Dublin, CA

News Credits:
    The only gripe I really have personally is the lack of store exclusives...that's all...I'd love to be supporting the club, but not until they offer things I can't get anywhere else, cheaper. When I keep hearing "exclusives are coming" yet all I see materialize are Joe Club exclusives and bragging about how great the Botcon set is going to be...that's great and all...but that's the 'con and IMHO it should be a seperate thing...as a club member I wanted club exclusives.

My combiner pieces are going to be displayed combined...so the lack of a remolded head that I will never see doesn't bother me.

10. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    Nah. I'm not *THAT* naive. :thumbs2: 

I'm thinking more along the way Pete and Rik keep reminding everybody that this year's convention set won't feature duplicate molds.

So, this years outcry should give us a remolded head on next year's freebie figure. I hope.

-airfox

11. Night Flame

Do you suppose it'll give us club store exclusives? Because that's the hold-out for me and at least a couple of other people I've seen. Sure, the lack of remolding on freebie number two was disappointing, but not as disappointing as realizing an entire year went by without one of the first promises of the club being realized at all.

12. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    Even the "extended" deadline is well past now, so this is a moot point, but does the fact that the GI Joe club offered the exact same "extension" this year affect anyone's opinion as to whether this was all "spin" or not?

http://www.mastercollector.com/

13. Foster

News Credits:
    Oh no, it doesn't affect my opinion. I knew all along it was spin. It's just like a mattress store "Going out of Business" sale, the store always stays open, doesn't it?

14. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    Not to be pedantic, but don't say "knew" about something that hasn't been proven. This is only your impression. Not a fact.

15. Edgewise

Edgewise Fanner

News Credits:
    I don't recall club exclusives being promised to happen within the first year.

It was mentioned as something they would do, but no specific time frame was given from what I remember.

I believe there's little chance of there NOT being club exclusives this sometime this year. A while ago they posted they had 2 approved(it's unclear if Landquake was one of these 2) but need mold confirmation. Also they've promised the GI Joe club 4 3.75" club exclusives this year and have just recently revealed the first one. So they're obviously capable of producing club exclusives but needed some time to get the ball rolling I think.

16. Foster

News Credits:
    I know the difference. I don't care. And it doesn't matter, because I wasn't going to renew my menbership regardless of whatever ploys Savage pulls.

Not to be pedantic, but I wrote, not "said." :D 

17. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You know, GB, using your logic here, you can't say he's wrong either untill it's proven. At best, you can really only agree to disagree.

Which would be a nice way to let the whole thing drop. (wouldn't you agree fosterlager?) We've all stated our opinions, let's wait a while to see how they pan out.

18. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    As far as I recall, it was confirmed that Landquake was none of them.

19. Foster

News Credits:
    No big deal to me. It's like the man said, there are knowns and unknowns. Then there are known unknowns and unknown unknowns. That is, things we know we don't know, and things we don't know we don't know. :D 

20. Night Flame

There may not have been a specific time frame given, except for the fact that one of the published benefits of signing up for the club clear back in the beginning was "the ability to purchase club store exclusives which are not available to non-members." Which, in my mind means, you pay them money to be a part of this club, and at some point during your membership, you will be allowed the chance to purchase a club exclusive.

If there was no intention of making that happen in the first year, then it's blatant false advertising. If there was an intention of making that happen in the first year, then it's just a plan that didn't come through. That happens. Sucks, but it happens. I think I'm putting slightly more faith in them for thinking their plans didn't come through then if I were to assume they had no intention to follow through at all. But, like all the rest of us, I have no idea except for the evidence I have right in front of me. Which is:

1. Promises that one of the benefits of membership is the ability to purchase club/store exclusives.

2. No sign of club/store exclusives.

Now, it's my own fault for making that a priority during my club membership. Now that my membership is over, I know not to sign back up until I've heard that club exclusives are actually happening.