Transformers classics...a comment.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Transbot90210, Jul 8, 2006.

1. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Here I am just hoping that those pics online of classics figures are not final product. BUT IF THEY ARE....

Am I the only one feeling that they are very plain? The toys themselves are incredible , I love the lot. But come now, they seem to be lacking so much.

Astrotrain is nothing but a white piece of plastic with a paint app. here and there...the same could be said for megatron, startscream and bumblebee.(i really hope that ebay pic is a a lacking prototype cuz his face and helmet are all solid yellow).

So am I the only one luving the moulds but not impressed with the paint?

Thanx
    Transbot90210

2. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think we've seen official images at this point, but I can't remember paint apps. The nice thing is, as long as the mold is good you can adjust the paint yourself. A couple bucks at a hobby store gets you paint and brushes and you can detail the guys as much as you want.

3. Pimpimus Prime

Pimpimus Prime (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐) TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was very impressed by the pictures in MC. The molds were great. The paint apps looked awesome. Then I saw the pictures of the actual toys and was kinda disappointed. Some of them like Starscream looked like KO's.

4. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Well, I'm not really bothered much by the paint apps personally. Actually, I think the biggest problem with this line is that it got hyped way, way bigger than it really is. The line is great and the moulds are awesome, but everyone was expecting something more from it. Seems that the hype from last years botcon goers got to everyone... including myself.

5. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Considering how absolutely terrific Energon, Cybertron, and Alternators have been, I too am not finding myself blown away by the Classics line.

As far as I'm concerned, they're very similar to the Universe or Star Wars lines... fun idea and I'll buy them, but I'm not sure they'll contribute a lot to the franchise as a whole.

6. FreshDebesh

FreshDebesh <b><font color=brickred>oye chak de phatte!</font> Veteran

More for us! Hurray!

7. butz

butz slippery when wet

I'm liking them a lot, but wish they had packed some little extras in there or something. At the very least, they should've given Megs an accessory that was a smaller version of his gun mode. The molds are very nice, and I actually dig the colors (prefer BB to have a silver face, but I'm thinking he will for the final).

8. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Protos always hit me with the hardest 'whoahs'.
    Maybe it's the light grey and all those pre-painted theories that run through the mind.

Then each time I see the painted pic of them I just get used to them even more, and they seem more normal.
    Then when I finally have the toy In hand there's pretty much nothing new but the feeling of knowing I finally have him

9. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

I wish people would like the ALTS less so I can find them in a store! LOL

As for the classics...They are nice...I will reserve a total judgment until I see them on the shelves/Pegs.

10. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was all hyped up, which inevitably leads to dissapointment. That said, I still can't wait to get them. Probably the only line other than Alts that I will try to be a completist with.

11. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The Classics are AMAZING molds with paint apps that miss the mark by 10,000 miles.

Hey guys! Let's add more yellow highlights!

I love 'em anyway.

12. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Honestly, the paint schemes don't bother me much. I would have preferred more G1-esque schemes, but that would likely result in them looking duller than they do now. Toys look better in person than photos show. That's been my experience.

13. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    There's one thing photos never, ever tell anyone looking at them.

How fun the toys are when you've got them in your hands.

Some TFs don't photograph well, but once you get them you realise just how cool they are. Generally, looking good is only half the battle. I'd rather have an unphotogenic Bumblebee than one who looks great in photos but can't be played with.

14. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    Maybe they just need stickers?

15. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The problem with relying on just the photos though is that lighting is very difficult with things like these, especially with toys made of lighter coloured plastic. In hand, Astrotrain and Starscream probably won't look that bad. It's just the flashes and whatnot that tend to wash out the detail in photos. In real life, the shadow play is much more apparent.

16. Subotnik

Subotnik Please Stand By.

Bad lighting isn't responsible for the poor paint apps on Starscream. It's the stamped on paint job that doesn't take into account the fact it's being applied to a 3D object that makes it look bad.

17. NSJ23

NSJ23 Not today Chumly, not today.

I agree that the classics look very plain, I only plan on getting astrotrain. I don't like any of the others.

18. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    This is why I'm glad I never got too worked up about paint apps...more would probably make the toys even better I agree but as it is I'm perfectly happy (and extremele excited) for the toys as is. Though Megatron's unibrow might have to be covered up somehow;) 

19. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    yeah

im a little discouraged by the garish paint apps [or lack thereof as a whole] myself
    that yellow on prime just has to go. maybe if it were more goldish/yellow-orange i'd be all for it but its just that bright playschool yellow and looks hideous.

like others said, the plastic color of astrotrain and starscream look kinda KO, and the minimal amounts of paint apps dont help [its Vector Prime all over again x__o]

but that wont stop me from buying them i guess. at least the molds are good o__x
    just too bad

though i hope to god they look better in person than in pics x__o

20. Nerd Bomber

Nerd Bomber Consulting your needs

I too am not too keen on the paint applications to these (megatron probably being the worst paint scheme in a while) but they look fun which is the point of it all. I can't wait to get them all.