transformers cinematic universe writers/producers team

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by pie125, Jun 24, 2015.

1. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    No Ehren Kruger? Works for me.

2. Smokescreen

Smokescreen The Ultimate Gambler

News Credits:
    IMO a TF Cinematic Universe would work better if it were based on the IDW comics as there is an expansive universe to work with there. From what I can tell the movieverse really doesn't have anything like that. I hope I'm wrong and these writers can come up with something different and more interesting than what we've gotten so far. Regardless, there needs to be a real change in direction for this franchise.

3. Hazekiah

Hazekiah Banned

News Credits:
    I was hoping that might be him crouching in the lower right, actually.

He's surely well on his way to being ridiculously wealthy...hopefully, for the sake of his family, his fans, and himself, he's put at least a BIT of that money towards improving his diet and hitting a treadmill or something.

:-\

Phfft. Speak for yourself!

I've already seen the two most RECENT films about a hundred times.

EACH.

Still FULLY engaged and LOVING IT every time!

:) 

4. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Nice photo of talented people.
    Too bad Bay is going to laugh at their scripts and replace pertinent character development with statutory rape jokes and robot testicles.

5. primal789

primal789 Prime

News Credits:
    Hah,I've seen all of them a million times and still loving them all.

6. pilotmaster70

pilotmaster70 Space Nerd

1up

7. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    I bathe in the tears of the crybabies.

8. sh002

sh002 Banned

Show me the design team that can design better looking Transformers.

9. fathi_haziq

fathi_haziq Petrolhead

News Credits:
    High Moon Studios. :) 

10. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm glad to see Paramount going after so many big name talents, who have proven writing credentials. If ever there were a sign, that they're aware the last 3 TF movies have no heart, and that no one one cares about the TFs, and that something needs to be done, that's it right there. I wish them all the luck, because they'll need it to get this ship turned around.

11. ZeroMayhem

ZeroMayhem Henshin a Go-Go Baby!

You mean Takara/Studio Ox.

Anyway it won't matter how many talented writers are in the room if no one understands that the Transformers themselves NEED to be the main characters and not just set dressing for the story of some boring humans.

12. Jochimus

Jochimus Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!

Eh, I wouldn't go that far. The whole "Noo Geewunnn!!!" mindset notwithstanding, going back to the boxy look might be too much of a jolt for audiences accustomed to four movies' worth of scrap metal - I'd personally lean toward something more in the neighborhood of TF PRIME or the Transformers Universe game, but with less scrawny proportions and more textural detail.

As for the photo...reminds me of those photos they often take of troops smiling for all their loved ones back home just before they get sent off to an active war zone under constant enemy fire and from which they have a 40/60 chance of coming home.

13. Ironhide1234

Ironhide1234 Here.

News Credits:
    I don't think all of them are really that bad. It's only a handful from each movie that are way to weird, I think AOE completely threw nice designs out the window.

Did you know that FoC Optimus Prime suffers from chafing.

14. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

Sorry I kinda over generalized but I'm interested to know what is it that appeals to the both of you. The visual work done by ILM , the story, the characterization or the directors vision?

Ive contested that in my view the films are visually interesting but not exciting. The whole thing is like a CGI look at what I can do demo and with out it these movies would be box office flops. Even worse that these movies more resemble Japanese robot stories that predate transformers than transformers actual brand. The transformation accounts for so little in the plot. And the origins and rules change every movie . Remember how big the all spark was but them its replaced by the matrix then the pillars then the seed.these are horrible plot devices in an otherwise rich mythos ..... well except for the fallen lol religion in sentient robots is just ridiculous even more so than the whole knights theme

15. Mobb One

Mobb One Godmaster

News Credits:
    They'll maybe be creative consultants.

You can't logically choose comic book writers to helm a billion dollar roadmap when none of them have experience writing for a franchise film.

That's like saying just because you knew the president growing up and happen to know how to shoot firearms, you should automatically be assigned as head secret service agent.

16. figsdad

figsdad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Its fine having all these writers but its going to be blown out the water with bay and his obsession with explosions and the budget that will require for this to happen.. He will get the scripts and just not follow the writers path...

17. daniel 97

daniel 97 Autobots' second in command

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Yes and of course Bumblebee is in the center with all of them around him, does this mean the future movies are gonna be focused mainly on him?

18. User_136440

User_136440 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I actually quite liked the fact that the robots had more human proportions in AOE, but design-wise Lockdown and the KSI bots (yes, including Glavatron and Stinger-Bumblebee) were my favourites simply because they looked robotic, even despite Lockdown's face and the sever lack of visible vehicle parts. As cool as they looked, I found the others just too extreme in the themes that their individual looks were referencing. The knight thing kind of worked for the Dinobots, but when you put new Optimus, Drift, Crosshairs and Hound side by side with the previous more alien looking Autobot designs, they kind of look off kilter. Yes, Drift has always been described as something of a Samurai, and the concept of the Knights of Cybertron is nothing new, but there is such a thing as taking things absolutely literally.

I can watch the first movie if I need something light that doesn't need a lot of concentration, but I have found that I struggle with the others the more I've watched them, really just waiting for the robot action and the transformations. Which kind of sucks considering that we never actually see some of the robots transform.

19. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    So that's what trolls bathe in.

20. darkspellmaster

darkspellmaster Well-Known Member

Plus side one of the writers knows about neuroscience and can actually back the idea of the internal workings of the transformers, minus side I don't know if any of these writers have ever learned anything about Transformers. Forgive me if I'm hesitant to be thrilled as there's always a chance Paramount will have whatever good scripts they write turn bad.

Also can we please make bee a VW again.