Transformers Cinematic Universe Is Over, Current Movie Series To Be Rebooted

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Feb 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Gonzo

Darth Gonzo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The D&D movie should feel like GotG.

• Like Like x 1
  2. 80sforged

80sforged Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That I can get behind. GotG has a tone most D&D players probably see as the default for their games.

3. Darth Gonzo

News Credits:
    Also if the D&D movie is based on the cartoon, and have kids from modern day going to a fantasy world they would act a little bit like the GotG does.

4. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Man the Bay Blight is back with this rather serious studio series push, I'm kinda bummed about it.

5. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

Honestly, Sony seems to work from the premise that they know they can't make good films, so they'd rather just make the property so undesirable that the people that should make it won't want to touch it for a decade or more. It's all about holding onto licenses, rather than letting someone that knows what they're doing get ahold of them.

I'd honestly love to see D&D done like the old cartoon. I mean, not the point of following the same plots, but just the premise of people being pulled into that world would be a really fun way to go about it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. 80sforged

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    True, but as a movie for marketing purposes, I could see them working from an established setting (ie Forgotten Realms) to help market the current game. Hey take a bunch of thirty somethings, get them sucked in. Maybe make them fans (or when I was growing up) critics of the setting. They could talk smack about Elminster behind his back, wish they were in Greyhawk or even Dark Sun and complain about how derivative Forgotten Realms was, also use their knowledge of the setting to battle villains.

another move I'm interested in is Micronauts, that would be a cool way to get Hasbro to wet their beaks at the Marvel trough. Hey have Ant Man discover them or something.

7. Darth Gonzo

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 2
  8. 80sforged

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  9. Darth Gonzo

News Credits:
    Why?

• Like Like x 1
  10. 80sforged

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I am something a 'cinema snob' and have a very low opinion of the Fast & Furious series. Just me being pretentious. While I enjoy a good popcorn flick, I think it is possible to expect better from them. Marvel has shown that (for the most part, even their worst is not terrible).

• Like Like x 1
  11. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Have you seen the sequence from Fast 7 when the crew drops in cars out of the back of an airplane to attack the terrorist convoy on the mountain pass? That entire sequence was almost entirely MASK to the point it had a psuedo-transforming bus open up side panels to reveal machine guns.

If there was ANYBODY who could reboot MASK into something palatable into today's market, it would be F. Gary Gray.

• Like Like x 3
  12. 80sforged

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I will grant you the technical aspect, but can it sustain what is likely to be a 2 hour movie with some quality (that's where I have doubts) and want to see a solid story, and good acting. Now how do you handle MASK now. I'm guessing they are going the safe route of light action, lots of chases. They want no more than PG-13. Actually, makes me want to re-watch the old show to get a better idea on the tone.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Schadenfreude

Schadenfreude Well-Known Member

Honestly I wish they could have gradually just turned F&F into MASK.

14. 80sforged

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have thought, what would they do with casting. If you want to stick with a slightly more wholesome approach, Matt Damon would work in that type of role, more edge and intensity, go with Michael Shannon. Going from F&F, I cannot picture Vin Diesel as Matt Tracker. The Rock, maybe, he straddles the line.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.