Transformers Cinematic Universe Is Over, Current Movie Series To Be Rebooted

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Feb 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Probe

Probe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There are five Marvel movies as bad or worse than the Transformers movies and five that are a lot better.

And of course the recipe for their recent string of critical success was to bring an acclaimed up and coming director and let them drive the scope and tone of the movie into their own direction...

So let's just wait for a while. Cool your jets, get a nice meal and forget about these movies for a better part of a year, it'll be good for you. And if Bumblebee is successful, or even good, then you can go get yourself spitting mad, or happy or whatever online again. But being mad at literally nothing for 9 months doesn't seem healthy.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Darth Gonzo

Darth Gonzo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  3. That Guy

That Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    5 Marvel movies worse than the transformers movies? I'll admit I haven't seen 4 or 5 (aside from youtube clips), but I am skeptical of that claim. I'm not saying the Marvel movies are cinematic masterpieces by any means but even the worst of them (In my opinion:Thor, Iron Man 3, Thor 2... Maybe Captain America and Avengers 2?) Are still telling a coherent story with characters who have goals and motivations. Over the course of 3 movies we didn't get a Decepticon or Autobot who were characters, they were just plot devices. The humans were barely characters, to me it was really just Sam and the soldiers in the first movie. And no MCU movie spent 3 minutes incorrectly explaining Romeo and Juliet laws to the audience for no reason. That was so bad and dumb and the franchise doesn't get to forget that.

Hell BvS was bad and it still had characters: Superman is a boring fuddy-duddy who wants everyone to know how much it sucks to be as awesome as he is, Batman is a crazy paranoid rich guy worried about the illegal alien, and Lex is a 4chan troll. Dumb characters who act in irrational dumb ways, but still characters. I dunno, maybe I'm giving BvS too much credit.

I guess I'm mostly curious to see what movies you think were worse than RoTF, DoTM, or TLK (as I've heard it). The first one was alright the first few times I saw it, I don't like it very much anymore. I can't tell if that's just because I know where it lead the franchise or if the NEST parts annoyed me that much so I'll give it the benefit of the doubt.

That opening is still cool as hell though, excited about that leader Blackout.

• Like Like x 1
  4. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    They'll be allocating that empty 2021 slot according to some reports, which means a possible Transformers movie loses that slot. So the 5 year deal is all planned out unless ROM gets a new slot which is unlikely due to Paramount's schedule.

5. Darth Gonzo

News Credits:
    The untitled Hasbro movie in 2021 was announced as "Untitled Hasbro Event Movie" it will most likely be a crossover movie of G.I. Joe, Micronauts, & the DnD movies, why do people think it will be Transformers or Rom or anything other then a crossover movie?

6. Mercutio

Mercutio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Looking at all the top news stories on the boards at the moment, I'm pretty sure 2018 is the year of the Transformers apocalypse.

IMG_5865.jpg

• Like Like x 14
  7. Dconworshipper

Dconworshipper decepticon

News Credits:
    can't say that i'm sad about this news.

maybe it's for the best.

aslong as lorenzo and bay are NOT involved it should be given a proper chance.

plus i would not be suprised if we see some better liked characters return such as barricade,starscream,jazz. ofource with a new design (while still keeping their vehicle class) and way better character development. optimus and megatron are coming back ofcourse.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Legate

Legate RIP Kevin Conroy and Akira Toriyama

Going forward, I'd like to see designs that hearken to the elements used in the Cybertron games: cohesive, more traditional-looking designs with subtle shifting of parts.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

10. Darth Gonzo

News Credits:
  11. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    Watch, Cyberverse is going to be cancelled as well.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hasbro has wasted the Gijoe crossover, now who even knows Gijoe exists?

But I give them credit for getting combiners right.

• Like Like x 1
  13. stad

stad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Correct, but that has almost as much to do with bad writers. Meanwhile, the "classic" GI Joe book (written by Hama) is hitting issue #250.

14. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

Really? That's surprising.

15. Darth Gonzo

News Credits:
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
  16. Nickster563

Nickster563 Anymore questions you wanna ask?

News Credits:
    The only reason i dont want a reboot is all the characters from the lore that havent gotten movie time yet (cough prowl cough cough thundercracker) so i hope they fix this movie series instead of scrapping it, bring in a new director, new writer and see where it goes. Also i should see a doctor for my cough

• Like Like x 3
  17. Mirage232

Mirage232 Well-Known Member

Hasbro Cinematic Universe? Honestly, I hope not. No one cares about any of these other long, dormant 1980's franchises. Just make some good, well written movies, or don't bother with them at all.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

Dungeons & Dragons could be an epic movie if done right. It won't be, but the possibility exists in some universe where production companies cared more about making a quality product than rehashing the same crap action movie tropes with different backgrounds.

And people do care about it. Maybe the crossover appeal isn't right for most Transformers fans. Though I would think most of us 80s nerds would remember both fondly.

Welker as Uni or we riot!

19. Darth Gonzo

News Credits:
    It could be a quality product.

20. 80sforged

80sforged Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If they can abandon the hero's journey concept (yeah right) for a more collaborative (ie ensemble approach), they might capture some of the spirit of D&D at the least. I do not have my hopes for any film adaptation anymore for any property. I wait in horror to see what MOTU is going to look like (especially with Sony at the helm).

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.