Transformers Cinematic Universe Is Over, Current Movie Series To Be Rebooted

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Feb 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. motorthing

motorthing Too old for this $hit

News Credits:
    Sweet Jeebus on a snowboard YES!

• Like Like x 1
  2. NotRamjet97

NotRamjet97 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ...I misread this as you wanting Unicron to be female...

3. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Sure.

This is Diaclone-inspired
    [​IMG]
    versus this:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  4. Terradives

Terradives Well-Known Member

I don’t need to see every tooth in every gear in every scene. Humans aren’t necessary and there have been many all cgi movies made on far less budget.

5. User_136440

User_136440 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ‘New Paramount team’ probably does, though.

• Like Like x 1
  6. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

I can live with both. I don´t see anything wrong with giving the first one it´s first shot at a live action film.

• Like Like x 3
  7. G1DeadEnd

G1DeadEnd Bring on 5, 6, 7 & 8!

News Credits:
    Keep your head up, you still have us! :) 

I admit to being low key sad about this news, but I find solace in the fact, that with the five films Bay made, one can draw their own conclusion as to what happened. There is a LOT of fill in the blanks, and I choose to view that as a positive thing.

Still looking forward to Bee, and Hailey :) 

• Like Like x 2
  8. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    Jazz is one of the least offensive. If the movies looked like him and Optimus as opposed Walrusratchet and Bisonironhide and babyfacewithpacifierbumblebee and apestarscream and so on they would’ve been perfectly acceptable.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Let's be real. Even with classic designs the movies would still be the same mess, just now with more people who grew with G1.

10. Fuhzimota

Fuhzimota Well-Known Member

In all fairness, it's about time. With all due respect, I would like to thank Bay & Co. for bringing our favorite robots to the big screen, and for all the work they put into the series over the years. That being said, in my opinion (for what it's worth), I would hope that some things from the existing franchise are addressed, such as -

1. Continuity matters. Even as a die-hard TF fan (from waaay back in the DIIAAACRRRONE!!! days, natch!), after the second film, it was impossible to get invested in any great dilemma/moral choice/noble sacrifice/deserved death presented on-screeen when they would almost always have little or no bearing on the next installment. (You know,if the stories aren't really connected, that makes them an ANTHOLOGY not a CONTINUING STORY. Y'know, as in, you're not supposed to number things that aren't in a SERIES...but anyhoo...)

2. At least read some of the established continuities (pick one, there are many that we all like and love) for character traits/abilities/backstories/motivations. Ironhide should be Ironhide, (i.e. damn-near immortal, and tough-as-nails), Starscream should die, and find his way back time after time, Devastator should not be a fracking ARMY of bots, and Hound should be...Hound, NOT Ironhide,Hound and Bulkhead all mashed into one body. And for the love of Primus, Optimus is not supposed to go all Leatherface and collect...faces. And heads. Stop ignoring decades of great stories and great characters.

3. Tone down some of the 150,000 moving parts on each character model. It is literally impossible to distinguish between characters in most close-up hand-to-hand battle scenes. All you see is a bunch of silvery parts colliding with each other, with an odd panel here or there with some scrap of character-indentifying color on it.

4. Stop writing off/killing off/abandoning characters off-screen. (See gripe No.1 above.)
    End of gripe list. For now. Thanks for the time...lol

• Like Like x 7
  11. Mr Megatron

Mr Megatron Emperor of Destruction

Ebay:
    Some of you need to realize that some people grew up on these movies and love them. Coming into this thread and saying how awful the movies are, how much you hate Bay, and how ugly the designs are is like spitting on a corpse. Transformers isn't just G1.

• Like Like x 7
  12. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I'll leave my hat for you sir.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    True enough.

14. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Unless the plan is to set it in space with only 5 bots the entire movie, you kind of have to have humans. But you can have them take a backseat when the Transformers are on the screen.

I like to think of it as Doctor Who. Doctor Who is the lead guy...his companions are there too. The companions can be important when setting up the plot. But when the Doctor is in the scene, the companions are shaders...let the Doctor chew the scenery up. The same can be applied to the Transformers...humans can be a part of the plot as companions but the most interesting stuff should be the robots in the room...that's where the focus needs to be. Humans don't need to be "the key" to winning the day...leave that to Optimus and company.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Galvatross

Galvatross Dom Dom, Yes Yes Veteran

Does not respond with anything of meaning. Duly noted.

LoL.

Did I say "all opinions are valid?"

On the contrary, I am as big of a supporter of valid opinions being based on evidence as there is. However, different people are going to look at the same evidence and form different opinions, and those differing opinions can be valid as long they are based on and don't oppose existing evidence. We're talking opinions that are valid to begin with, not opinions based on nothing.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Even though there's no guarantee on a reboot even being any good, I'm nevertheless convincing myself that the powers that be at Paramount/Hasbro are looking at and hopefully being influenced by the MCU's framework. And not in a "let's make solo movies and connect ALL the shit together" kind of way that everyone else is trying (and failing) to do. I mean in way of realizing that they can have Transformers that actually look like Transformers, characters can be updated/revised/modified for modern times but still look like their namesakes in way of bot & alt mode designs even if the alt modes are expectedly updated to current real world vehicles, retain trademark character traits like personalities, functions, voices and of course colors, and just all around actually be recognizable without everyone needing to see who's who via title cards because they can't otherwise tell. And of course, be WELL written movies with the forethought of an arcing story than can carry on to sequels without completely resetting or contradicting everything that came before. So, essentially the exact opposite of everything they did and let happen with Bay.

17. Mr.Deflok

Mr.Deflok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Give the robots character. Let them talk to each other for more than 5 seconds. Let that dialogue not be one-liners for the sound chips in action figures.

Plan the fucking films.

• Like Like x 7
  18. toaprime

toaprime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would also think that hasbro should keep this in mind as well.

19. bachamn

bachamn Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    To give an idea of how much I've ignored these, I thought they were only on the fourth film until I read this. While it's arguable that the films helped build the infrastructure and grew an already large fan base so it could (in Hasbro's eyes) support releases based on classic designs outside of Japan, it's filled that need now, so good riddance.

I realize it's probably cliche to shit talk Bay, but what he does is designed to appeal only to the most basic of the demographic. He blatantly states that his vision of Transformers is better knowing it'll piss off fans, and his "haters gonna hate" attitude about the backlash he receives for this and his TMNT universe makes him sort of an opportunistic anti-artist in my perspective. He knows he has the weight and influence of the production studio behind him, and with all that cash momentum associated parties all fall in line and accept his absurdly busy robo-insect-alien designs, and produce shit toys of shitty concepts that not even children want.

Anyway, my $.02 and all that. I hope they bring some dignity back to the franchise in the future.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  20. Sideways77

Sideways77 #1 flareup simp

News Credits:
    So is the Bumblebee Movie a first movie for this new movie set or are they just getting it out there?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.