Transformers Cinematic Universe Is Over, Current Movie Series To Be Rebooted

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Feb 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roger Semerad

Roger Semerad Well-Known Member

I can't say I'm surprised that a reboot is happening, but I am surprised they're outright scrapping TF6. It would seem that in the current climate that going forward with that movie as planned while working on the reboot behind the scenes would result in more revenue than scrapping it. The "no plans until 2021" means that they can't capitalize on the franchise for an extended period, and the whole franchise thing going around Hollywood revolves around regularly cashing in by making movies every year. Which makes me think that there was a lot drama behind the scenes about these movies, with all sides involved fighting each other over just about everything. With the inevitable result of blowing up in everyone's faces.

Whatever the reason though, a reboot is needed, and has been for years. I'm now looking forward to what the next designs for the transformers will look like. The Bayformers 1-3 designs had a lot going for them that I hope gets carried forward. They brought in the idea of alt-mode parts being layered and angled in interesting ways that really evolved the look of the franchise. I would like the next iteration to have a little bit more emphasis on using recognisable parts of the alt-mode in the robot designs. Just make sure to use those parts in complicated and interesting ways.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Galvatross

Galvatross Dom Dom, Yes Yes Veteran

Wow. What a well constructed and well thought out response. If only a nematode such as I was even worthy of even basking in your shadow, and future Transformers fiction would fit your flawless vision, then there will be peace in the universe and Junkions will arrive at your doorstep and tell you the Universal Greeting.

So classy! Fans like you are totally what this site needs!

• Like Like x 5
  3. drbeakman

drbeakman Well-Known Member

Yes, as if this was Bay's opus, and he actually had some kind of tolkienn-esque 6 movie story arc in mind

• Like Like x 1
  4. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    This should have been happened like...7 years ago with dotm and i would be staisfied, not now, with a major mess with the feel of needing desperately a good movie of TF.

This is a step to make the things right.

• Like Like x 3
  5. drbeakman

Clearly being vocal and opposing people like you is what brought us here, so cheers to you, although I am sorry for your loss

• Like Like x 1
  6. Peter J Rees

Peter J Rees G1 Jetfire's Fan Club!

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Pinterest:
  7. VortexPrime

VortexPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Didn't they do the same with "Annihilation"?

On December 7, 2017, it was announced that due to the clashes between Rudin and Ellison, and the shift in Paramount's leadership, a deal was struck with Netflix handling international distribution. According to this deal, Paramount will handle the US and China release, while Netflix will begin streaming the film in other territories 17 days later.

(Annihilation (film) - Wikipedia)

kinda

8. drbeakman

Exactly, the attachment they have to these steaming piles of dung is unbelievable, as if some grand masterpiece was in the making, meanwhile the original Spiderman movies weren't even that bad

9. Aimless Misfire

Aimless Misfire Banned

News Credits:
    Let me guess, a reboot that will focus EVEN MORE, if that's humanly possible, on BUMBLE-FUCKIN-BEE! Because the past 11 years didn't give us enough goddam Bee!:mad: 

• Like Like x 3
  10. Galvatross

So you came to this website to oppose people who disagree? And who is this "us" you speak of?

I can't speak for everyone else, but I came to this site to get Transformers news and discuss with people who have both similar and different opinions. I didn't come here to oppose anyone. That's not to say there aren't disagreements, but I don't think the goal of discussion should be to oppose people with opposite opinions so much as fans seeing what other people like and dislike. As a fandom we're quite diverse, and I don't think any segment of fans should be "opposed" for having different preferences.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

Glad to see Hasbro follow in the footsteps of DC and announce a reset/reboot before the final movie of the current continuity is even out. That's a real good way to make sure people don't want to support the film at all. And...to be completely fair, it's not like people were as enamored with the Transformers films as they were with the Dark Knight films.

I'm still glad to hear they want to try a new approach. Now, I believe there's some key decision makers that need to be completely removed from the process before they can contemplate a future success, and that may be why they're holding off for a while. Resetting with the same folks at the helm will result in a secondary clusterfail that'll just confuse people even further.

Still, at least there's the possibility of a decent Transformers film franchise somewhere in the future, even if it's a distant and murky future at the moment.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    BEE FOR EVERYONE.

THE DUDE YOU LOVED IN....
    THE FANTASTIC TRANSFORMERS MOVIES
    TF PRIME
    RESCUE BOTS
    ROBOTS IN DISGUISE
    NOW CYBERVERSE
    AND NOW.....IN A COMPLETELY REBOOTED CONTINUITY, BEE AS THE PROTAGONIST WITH HIS FIRST MOVIE TO BE RELEASED IN 2018!!!!!.

• Like Like x 1
  13. drbeakman

I came to this site to figure out why the fandom keeps allowing the making of these crappy Transformers movies, and to ask for a reboot

After some extreme vocal backlash, it now appears Hasbro/Paramount finally figured out they were making crappy Transformers movies, and decided to reboot

Seems like a win

• Like Like x 3
  14. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW SpongeBob and TTV's MS 2.0

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Well there's one thought that I can think in a name-swapped of a BW Megatron quote: "Say goodbye to the cinematic universe, Michael Bay! The future has changed, yessssss. Your Movie Series lose! Reboot Movie Series triumphs! And you...YOU NO LONGER EXIST!"

• Like Like x 7
  15. Ryan101

Ryan101 That Dude

News Credits:
    I’m relieved but sad. I love these films but it’s a mess at this point. A reboot is needed but I hope it doesn’t take long for the new universe to be released. 5 years would be good.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Galvatross

If the movies are rebooting, it's not because of a few thousand fans on this site.

• Like Like x 12
  17. MV95

MV95 @marlinfan1995 Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I’m okay with this.

My head canon says that TF4 and 5 never happened anyway. :lol 

• Like Like x 5
  18. davidargile

davidargile Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It comes as no surprise, Bay took it to the crazy limits in the TLK and made one hell of a mess. It was left awful to conclude to be honest and I would of hated Bay doing a final movie and basically again blow crap up all over and have it make no sense what so ever, To be fair to Bay he gave some good moments across the 5 movies like the introduction to the autobots in the 1st film, forest battle in the 2nd movie, Optimus battling sentinel in the 3rd and dinbots charge in the 4th not many good things in the 5th but still these are tiny little bits I've enjoyed over 5 films I've never come away thinking that was a really good movie overall. So I'm glad it can take it's time and reboot hopefully giving us an overall film franchise we can be proud of.

• Like Like x 2
  19. myrrh

myrrh Knell-Mown Wember

News Credits:
    YAY! =D

• Like Like x 3
  20. Joey Slick

Joey Slick Whirl is a Transformer.

It's also not 2007. If Armada or Beast Machines were the first-ever Transformers properties they most likely would have tanked and this website wouldn't even exist. The sunbow cartoon has its flaws but to act the the original characterizations and designs of dozens of characters is worthless seems odd to me.

• Like Like x 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.