Transformers cameo in Honkai Impact 3rd online animation

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SHIELD Agent 47, Feb 13, 2021.

1. SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47 X-Wing: Mercy Kill

News Credits:
    Cooking with Valkyries《女武神的餐桌》, an online series of animated shorts for the mobile game Honkai Impact 3rd《崩壞3rd》, released a Lunar New Year 2021 special episode including a cameo of movieverse Optimus Prime and Bumblebee. The vehicles are visible in the parking lot of a Lawson at timestamps 0:04 and 0:51.

Chinese version YouTube link

English version YouTube link

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 13, 2021
    • Like Like x 14
  2. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde シン・ブリュンヒルド

News Credits:
    Pfft. That's amusing.

• Like Like x 2
  3. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Red and black red and black

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Well well. Only a matter of time until we get a Genshin Impact x Transformers crossover. :lol 

• Like Like x 7
  4. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    Hey. That's pretty neat.

XD
    I was initially gonna say "Genshin impact and Honkai impact aren't related" but a quick Google search showed me they aren't only made from the same guys but also share a multiverse together. Weird.

Sari Sumdac or bust.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Fall Feelings

News Credits:
    As a weeb, I approve!

What I really love about this is that in the second image they are 3D models. Making 3D models for a 2 second cameo is something only a hardcore fan would do out of passion.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Actar

Actar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is it really a weeb thing if it's China-made?

7. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    Well, this was an effective Hot Pot ad.
    That is what this is supposed to be, right?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Purple Heart

News Credits:
    DE853B07-DADA-429D-A6F3-B85368838A9D.jpeg

Yes, it is. As an avid player of Azur Lane I can confirm that China does indeed know how to anime.

Also, just because Honkai Impact is from a Chinese company doesn’t mean they don’t work with Japanese companies. A few Chinese franchises hired Japanese companies for their adaptions. To again use Azur Lane as an example. They hired Compile Heart/Idea Factory to make their console spin-off game, and both animes have been made by Japanese animation studios. That is also not to mention that Yostar employs tons of artists from all over to make art for the characters of the game.

Anime may have been born from Japan, but that does not mean it must exclusively come from Japan. That isn’t to say there aren’t a lot of fake “anime” put out, like whatever Netflix is doing, but it’s possible to do your own thing while staying true to that spirit.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Scarlet knight

Scarlet knight Emergency Food Connoisseur

News Credits:
    YES.

• Like Like x 2
  10. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Red and black red and black

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I don't know anything about Honkai Impact but I know Murata is sgrong suggested to be, or be the former Fire Archon in Genshin. She seems to be based off of the Murata in Honkai, though there's theories suggesting they're the same. I don't know enough to make that call.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    Well they are made by weebs. If we fit by the definition that refers to those types as non-Japanese anime fans.

12. Scarlet knight

News Credits:
    Weeb means non-Japanese anime fan?

13. Purple Heart

News Credits:
    The original meaning of the word, yes, but it has taken on a new definition over the past several years as basically a catch-all term for anime fans, regardless of nationality.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Scarlet knight

News Credits:
    Honestly, I thought it was something more derogatory.

15. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    True.

16. Purple Heart

News Credits:
    Originally, yes, Weaboo was used as a very derogatory term to portray all anime fans as fat neckbeards who have no social life and a complete lack of self awareness.

Because there are millions of anime fans all across the world, trying to force a stereotype onto a fandom using a single word does not work. So eventually the anime community adopted it and turned it around. We are just normal fucking people, despite what some crowds will try and scream at you.
    56E4B2F3-81A1-43CD-AD04-69F7851E8FE3.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  17. Actar

Actar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's interesting. Then how do you define anime? Personally, I don't believe than anime can simply be reduced to a type of art-style or a series of tropes. To do so would be to do the medium a disservice by downplaying its diversity. Just look at the stuff by Ghibli or Masaaki Yuasa. Anime can be much more than just moe. And moe does not have to be limited to anime. To be fair, maybe these terms will become more and more meaningless as time goes on and multinational collaborations become the norm, but for now, unless it was primarily made in Japan for a Japanese audience, I'd hesitate to call it anime.

I did some research into this a few years back. “Weeaboo” (commonly shortened to "weeb") is an insult that originally appeared as a nonsense word in the comic “Perry Bible Fellowship”. In 2005, it took on the meaning of the term “wapanese” when it was used as its filtered replacement on 4chan. “Wapanese” is a portmanteau coined in 2002 that is formed from the words “wannabe” and “Japanese”. As the phrase “wannabe Japanese” suggests, the term “weeaboo” is used to brand and label the Japanese popular culture fans who want to become Japanese while disparaging their own culture and heritage by the people who find their behavior annoying or irritating. Often, this desire to become Japanese is based on a very basic and/or misguided interpretation of Japanese culture pieced together from popular culture products like anime, manga, etc… Despite their lack of knowledge, these fans will usually have no desire to seriously study the culture or learn the Japanese language. Instead, they will flaunt what little knowledge they do possesses by cosplaying all the time or using broken Japanese/common Japanese terms (“baka”, “kawaii”, etc…) in their everyday speech, much to the frustration and chagrin of those around them. In addition, these fans usually believe that anything Japanese is automatically superior and will endeavor to surround themselves in Japanese products, from snacks to home appliances. Note that this term is commonly used fallaciously in a derogatory manner to insult any fan of Japanese popular culture.

Due to semantic broadening, the term might have become somewhat similar in definition to "otaku", but like "otaku", it also hinges on the person being a fan of Japanese popular culture products. So that leads us back to my point of whether or not someone can be a weeb if they're a fan of something not Japanese.

• Like Like x 2
  18. weevil

weevil Let's dance!

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    pretty neat!

• Like Like x 1
  19. onnsake

onnsake champ

News Credits:
    Your picture attempting to show the diversity of anime fans kinda just proves that it's nothing but a buncha weebs.