Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Trailer #3

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by TransformersVK, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Revan1307

Revan1307 Well-Known Member

I think your all missing the big picture here the g1 vs bay designs are irrelevant to this movie

• Like Like x 1
  2. Datsun87

Datsun87 Doomed shuttle casualty

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  3. Revan1307

15%
    44%
    Critics Consensus: Cacophonous, thinly plotted, and boasting state-of-the-art special effects, The Last Knight is pretty much what you'd expect from the fifth installment of the Transformers franchise.
    Starring: Mark Wahlberg, Anthony Hopkins, Josh Duhamel
    Director: Michael Bay
    [​IMG]
    Transformers: Age of Extinction (2014)
    18%
    51%
    Critics Consensus: With the fourth installment in Michael Bay's blockbuster Transformers franchise, nothing is in disguise: Fans of loud, effects-driven action will find satisfaction, and all others need not apply.
    Starring: Mark Wahlberg, Jack Reynor, Nicola Peltz
    [​IMG]
    Transformers: Dark of the Moon (2011)
    35%
    55%
    Critics Consensus: Its special effects -- and 3D shots -- are undeniably impressive, but they aren't enough to fill up its loud, bloated running time, or mask its thin, indifferent script.
    More
    Starring: Shia LaBeouf, Josh Duhamel, John Turturro
    [​IMG]
    Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (2009)
    19%
    57%
    Critics Consensus: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen is a noisy, underplotted, and overlong special effects extravaganza that lacks a human touch.
    More
    Starring: Shia LaBeouf, Megan Fox, Josh Duhamel
    [​IMG]
    Transformers (2007)
    57%
    85%
    Critics Consensus: While believable characters are hard to come by in Transformers, the effects are staggering and the action is exhilarating.
    More
    Starring: Shia LaBeouf, Megan Fox, Josh Duhamel
    this is what I mean

• Like Like x 1
  4. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    What dude?

5. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Russian Fan... who, I believe to actually be a lady.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Datsun87

Sorry but I don't follow. The whole "G1 vs Bay" is an aesthetic argument. Nobody is arguing over the quality of those movies. The issue is how this movie actually has a great sliding scale of designs that appeals to fans of both designs: Dropkick and Shatter are clearly Bay styled, Bumblebee and Blitzscream borrow equally from both extremes, and everything in the Cybertron flashback leans heavily towards G1.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Revan1307

what I mean is we need good movies critics and fans love like the mcu movies the looks of the autobots and decepticons are irrelevant to the movie being good

8. primal789

primal789 Prime

News Credits:
    Okay this horse is already dead for the longest time and people can't stop beating.Look..I've been the most hardcore Bayformers fan out there..I loved the movies since 2007 and I don't want to throw the blame on everyone but all this hate made me sick..there were a lot of series but the live-action series got the most hate.I always respected G1 for being the original and gave it credit even if I was never a big fan.Now this movie came into the picture..I support it as it's built upon what I love and I can turn a blind eye on some designs and enjoy the ride..I'm sure I'm gonna like this one even if MY FAVORITE SERIES won't get a final movie to get the closure that every other series got.Suddenly some people just blame the Bayformers for division...how the fuck did that divide anything?Now these guys act like Bay wrecked their peaceful little place of peace..I am disgusted.Give it a rest...I can understand that some Bayformers fans may say some stuff but come on..do we really need to get here with some people finally got what they wanted and won't cut it out with this anti-Bay stuff?These fights are due to human instinct of domination..to crush what the other man loves so what you love will look better.Having a diffetent opinion is okay..both G1 and Bayformers both brought their own wave of fans to the board,none of them devided anything..the only thing that divided is our own way of dealing with a different opinion and the fact that we can't fucking respect what we don't agree with..being quick to throw shots like that's why we live for!Enough with this..we each have our own blame that we have to take.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Datsun87

Not true. The designs have to be appealing and coherent. Bumblebee was always a relevant G1 character but he didn't become as important to the brand as Optimus, Megatron, and Starscream until he got an athletic make over in 07.

It isn't enough that this is a good movie. This needs to be a good Transformers movie and character design plays an important role.

Just look at the MCU, part of the appeal is how well the iconic costumes have been adapted for the big screen. Do you honestly believe that appearance is so irrelevant that something like a plaid Iron man or hot pink Thanos wouldn't negatively impact those movies?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Revan1307

good storytelling is ten times more important then looks imo

11. Datsun87

Of course it but you don't sell a movie with good story telling. A good story makes people care but good visuals draw them in.

12. Revan1307

witch the previous movies had good visuals but if they had a good story to go with it the possibilities would be unbelievable

13. Datsun87

Again, nobody is debating that. All of us want the Transformers to be treated like actual characters as oppose to exploding props. When you are dealing with iconic characters however, design is extremely important and has to be handled with care to appeal to the largest audience possible. Bumblebee splitting the difference and going for both G1 fans and Bay fans aesthetically is probably one of the smartest decisions they could've made for this movie.

The appearance of the Transformers on the big screen is not irrelevant. I doubt the trailer would be doing as well as it is had the Cybertron footage been closer to the 07 movie instead of the G1/WfC/FoC love letter.

14. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sure, but couldn't we have had designs that actualy look good? Because that's a lot of people's problem with this. Soundwave looks alot less scary and dynamic than he logically should and they really did a weird choice on the dimensions of his helmet's crest and horns, Shockwave's thighs look flat out goofy. Optimus' mask is kind of featureless and mushy.

It honestly feels like everyone other than the Seekers and Ravage was done in a rush. The proportions in particular are somehow less imposing than even the G1 toy in Soundwave's case.

15. Datsun87

A lot of people or a vocal minority? A quick google search or glance at any of the comments for the trailer have been overwhelmingly positive.

Bee.JPG

16. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    Nostalgia wouldn't allow that... They want something that reminds them of their beloved G1 characters, and that includes those G1 inspired designs.

Some of them doesn't care that Optimus has an alt-mode that resembles am actual truck on Cybertron, or that Soundwave stores Ravage in his chest like a tape recorder. They don't care and I really don't care anymore, is useless to discuss those aspects that seems so extrange to us who don't have G1 rose tinted glasses...

My last post on the matter... Now waiting to see the movie! :) 

17. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    I'm sure they were just a vocal minority

18. Edwardmus Prime

Edwardmus Prime Righteous Protector of Ed-Land

Could possibly be an audience composed mostly of folks riding the current nostalgia wave and hard core types. I mean, it's not as if the other movies didn't draw in many likes and views, or positive commentary. For an example, one of the TLK trailers I found currently sits at 121k likes and 10k dislikes. One's got to wonder how many of these are people who just don't care either way and/or, are riding the current nostalgia trend? Commenters tend to be the kind of people who feel strong enough about something, are very confident/prying for likes or don't care enough about being met with discourse in order to be commenting (or posting on social media) in the first place, so them being the minority isn't inarguable.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  19. NotRamjet97

NotRamjet97 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ...'kay never use a Youtube comment section to prove your point. That's...basics.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Datsun87

This is all very true however all of the feedback we have at the moment (not just youtube comments) is extremely postive. I just went with the top comment screen cap because it was quicker than putting a collage of news head lines and bits. This overall sense optimism is something we haven't seen with any of the other TF sequels. RotF was questioned due to the writer's strike and everything afterward was suspect because of...well RotF.

Again it was a shortcut to piecing together a collage of quotes that amounted to "this looks refreshing and retro which is a good thing". Either way believe what you want, I just thought the idea of "the majority not appreciating the G1 slant of Cybertron" pretty unfounded.