Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Trailer #3

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by TransformersVK, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    The other 4 movies did really at the box office because that was back before Transformers' significant foothold in popularity. Once 2007 film came about and brought along positive buzz, people were willing to give the sequels a chance. However, the designs were still a popular complaint. Read any of the comments on social media—many of them revolve around how they can't understand the fight scenes due to how muted in color the Cons were. And now since Transformers has become an icon in popular culture today, many people are now expecting for the designs to have some resemblance to their source material. In the era of Marvel movies and nerd culture, the expectations are much different than they were back then.

I was personally a fine with the Bayverse designs. I still collect the toys and I'm happy having them on my selves, but it's getting stale seeing a sea of nameslaps and it's time for something new. Plus, it's much more exciting to see characters that actually look like the characters they're supposed to be.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Dachande

Dachande Janitor. Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I don't think the Bay designs would have been as unattractive if they'd have kept with the designs from the first two movies. Losing vehicle parts and streamlining the bots, then barely showing any actual transforming really killed any connection to the characters. At least for me.
    These new designs, both earth based and Cybertronian, really bring it back into the realm of these being Transformers again.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Russian fan

Russian fan Proud Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I was thinking you are Movie fan. Incredible. People change their opinion like gloves.

• Like Like x 1
  4. agp

agp Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hundreds or thousands of comments on social media is a vocal minority compared to the number of people that saw the movies. I still stand by my original comment. I'm not disagreeing with all the complaints. The lack of color within the decepticons is certainly valid. I think bay and the rest of the crew agreed about the blurred action, look at how much clearer it was in ROTF and the following films. If I remember correctly things were intentionally hard to follow in the 07 movie because the filmmakers weren't totally confident in the cgi.

I'm sorry but the marvel movies aren't some shining example of source material faithfulness. They have certainly taken liberties with costumes and characterization.

• Like Like x 1
  5. TheCianinator

TheCianinator Well-Known Member

I'm glad we're getting more G1 looking robots on the big screen, but I do think they took it too far. They look so toyetic that it's less believable for me. Like in the trailer, you can see that Ravage is folded up into the shape of a cassette while in Soundwave's chest. Cassette tapes don't exist on Cybertron, and there's no inherent benefit to folding a panther into a rectangle for storage. I actually liked the concept of ROTF Soundwave better, even if they screwed him up by underutilizing his character, giving him an unrecognizable alt-mode, and not realizing they were supposed to post-process Frank Welker's voice. In ROTF, Soundwave looked like he designed himself to carry out his mission, which was to surveil and deploy. Ravage was a missile, which was perfect for the application, and as a beast, he didn't look like he was designed to mimic an Earth animal. He looked like a robot that was built to run fast. All that said, I don't think it's horrible that the new designs are so old looking, I just think they could have done better with a more balanced approach. Either way, it's not the end of the world, just like the then-radical 2007 designs weren't the end of the world.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think Bayverse fans underestimate distate that his designs brought with them. Basically he created the designs almost as if NOTHING came before, with like zero reference or reverence. Optimus Prime is the only one that comes close to being recognizable.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Issy543

Issy543 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ah. The classic “drop the characters off a cliff and assume he’s dead” :p 

Still looks amazing. December can’t come quick enough.

• Like Like x 3
  8. agp

agp Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Worldwide Box Office:

TF 709.7 Million
    ROTF 836.3 Million
    DOTM 1.12 Billion
    AOE 1.10 Billion
    TLK 604.5 Million

But those damn designs right? News flash the designs didn't matter.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Dinobot Snarl

News Credits:
    They do for the long term

It's over for the Monsters

None of those Bayverse films rated better than the animated film

Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
  10. NotRamjet97

NotRamjet97 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The concern I have with this is... will this tell people that all people want is boxes with some lines drawn on them? Will the future movies get lazy- not because people want a good movie, but because people want bricks?

I always thought the fans wanted a good movie. I guess if the other movies had just been a bunch of 2D bricks with some lines drawn on them they would've been critically acclaimed or something.

(I don't think anyone actually feels that way but that's the way y'all are coming across.)

• Like Like x 4
  11. sladeprime

sladeprime MS Paint Transformer artist

News Credits:
    I am a movie fan. But not as much as i am a fan of Bay's TF robot design. As i always say.

• Like Like x 1
  12. agp

agp Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You make these statements with nothing to support them. In what logical world can you make the argument that designs had an impact on the decline of the bay films? A couple thousand people making comments online? Objectively the special effects and animations were well done and above average quality for major motion pictures. Objectively the stories failed at widely accepted conventions of storytelling. I am pretty sure there was never a survey of movie goers regarding their opinion of the looks of the robots. The most reasonable argument that can be made is that the special effects were no longer enough to overcome the poor storytelling.

Maybe the designs is the reason the movies failed for you, but there is no evidence for the designs being anything more that what would amount to a nitpick for the mass audience.

EDIT: I'd be shocked if the designs weren't focused grouped at some point in the original movies development.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Dinobot Snarl

News Credits:
    You keep making this about me, but previously I posted a general search for reactions to Bumblebee Movie and it's changes, everyone was exuberant.

You think Bay focused grouped something? I'd be very surprised.

14. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    As a mechanical engineer I see the bayformers as pieces of art! I also like the new Earth based transformers in the new movie... But those on Cybertron? Those are not what I expected for the the kind of movie that this film is supposed to be, maybe a cartoon or a game, nothing else.

Because you are a G1 fanatic. Try to open your mind to new things man...

I grew up with G1 as well, but I don't want those boxy designs on the big screen. They just don't work in a movie with a more serious tone.

• Like Like x 1
  15. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    A rational comment, thank you!

• Like Like x 2
  16. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

Bayverse did have a few cool robot designs. What it did not have was cohesiveness or anything resembling a solid storyline.
    The movies were focused more on the human aspect then the Transformers themselves.
    I suspect many may have grown tired of non-stop explosions, teen angst, t and a, and crappy camera work.

Again, just a guess based on personal observations.

• Like Like x 7
  17. Dinobot Snarl

News Credits:
    I am open to new things as long as they name it something new too.

18. Datsun87

Datsun87 Doomed shuttle casualty

For the love of...look you guys can hate on the Bay designs all you want but if Bayformers Optimus and Bee were so damn hideous neither design would rival the G1 seekers and G1 Prime for releases across all TF lines. That flame decal'd Peterbilt and yellow Camaro are just as iconic as the original G1 cab over and yellow bug. You don't have to like either but if you honestly believe that those are trash designs that nobody likes there are a billion dollars and multiple Masterpiece releases (all of which before any flavor of Jazz btw) that says you are wrong.

Both of these guys kick ass and are equally recognizable, deal with it.

20180917_230203.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  19. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

I know I never said Optimus and Bee’s designs were bad. As a matter of fact, I’ve said time and again that I prefer the Camaro to the Beetle.
    I even prefer Ironhide’s design.
    While I liked the design of the silver Corvette, I would have preferred that they had given him a new name, and not name slapped him Sideswipe.

I love Dino’s alt mode, but his robot mode was too bug like. BTW, I consider Dino and Que new characters. So please do not come at me with “they were Mirage and Jackie”. I have my opinion, you have yours. Let’s just respect that.

As for Que and Brains, they were charicture at best.

Lead foot looked like a metal version of one of The Hobbit’s dwarves.

Drift, see my comments for Swipe.

Crosshairs was very cool.

Hound really should have been called Bulkhead.

The Dreads were obvious homages to Predator, and had nothing to do with Transformers.

Starscream looked like a flying dorito.

Barricade looked like a bug had baby with a Predator.

Ratchet’s robot mode was a mess, but I liked his alt mode.

Jazz was an even bigger mess, tho I liked the Solstice.

Megatron......I liked his TLK design. His previous movie design was way too Insecticonish for me.

Again, just my own opinion.

20. Dinobot Snarl

News Credits:
    We've had these outlandish designs for 10 years, finally we get to see something resembling and acting like quintessetial Transformers in live action.

Even Cybertron looks much improved.

It's only a small scene, but makes all the difference.

Transformers-Bumblebee-Movie-Trailer-01629.jpg vlcsnap-2018-09-24-15h33m01s486.png Transformers-Bumblebee-Movie-Trailer-01681-1.jpg IMG_8356.PNG

Transformers-Bumblebee-Movie-Trailer-2-HD-Screen-Caps~2.jpg

• Like Like x 7