Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Trailer #3

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by TransformersVK, Sep 24, 2018.

1. 2Sixshot

2Sixshot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    so did anyone else notice arcee and wheeljack?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Transformers-Bumblebee-Movie-Trailer-2-HD-Screen-Caps.jpg

I'd say Chromia, for Blue

3. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube (Old):
    No wait, that's definitely Arcee. Ignore the flash of blue, that's probably just a laser or something, but the actual character herself is pink and white. She even has her classic wing things on her back:

300px-ArceeG1-2010storypage.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  4. Dinobot Snarl

News Credits:
    I'm a bit of an artist and I disagree. To me he and his designers went out of their way to make the bayverse as ugly as possible. In fact as a fan of Mecha, Bay's designs are hands down the ugliest designs I've ever seen and add the fact that they have nothing to do with the source material and are completely unrecognizable. I really hope we put them to bed forever at some point. Like the rocklords they are.

For example:
    This concept has the bay style but still looks attractive to the eye while keeping the colors (why not more) of the source material.
    Inferno.png

But given the choice, Bay went with the far uglier look, which has zero things in common with the name Ratchet.
    ratchet__movie_promo__3__by_barricade24-dasrrwi.png

• Like Like x 1
  5. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like the looks of Soundwave, Ravage and Shockwave.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Dinobot Snarl

News Credits:
    I see it now, Wow!

• Like Like x 2
  7. NATO-BOT

NATO-BOT Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Old):
    This is beautiful. It's too bad we didn't get these designs 11 years ago. I think I might actually see this one.

• Like Like x 1
  8. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes! I’m so HAPPY with the new aesthetics! I’m sure many of us not asking for exact G1 aesthetics but at least some resemblance!

Friends who were not into TFs were so excited to send me links of the trailer but I was so wary that it could be fan made...

To para-phrase Optimus...”now all we need is good writing and a lot of luck!” :) 

• Like Like x 2
  9. sladeprime

sladeprime MS Paint Transformer artist

News Credits:
    Why not take Optimus Prime as an example? Of course there are ugly robots. To be honest my ugly list are: Daytrader,The twins and some unnecessary caricature plus human looking Transformers. They may not be the transformer you wanted. But as a mech. They are simply outstanding. They are daring and against the flow. They excite people like me. Besides these robot designs are 11 years old and there is timelessness in them. No cliche feel you see from the other mechs. They simply don't fit to the modern art narrative. It's true that the movie is ridiculous and almost unwatchable. But to say these robots are nothing but a piece of metal or something like that is total dishonesty or just a failure to see the substance. I'm still glad they incorporated the Ben Procter's aesthetic. Dropkick,Blitzwing,Shatter and Optimus. Hopefully to still see something with unique silhouette. Like Brawl. More diversity. Keeping the G1 robots G1. while not watering down the 2007 aesthetic. optimus05.jpg optmus12.jpg 0UzGDhZ.png E5XLrS8.png vlGwwAO.png imag9541_38536743971_o.jpg imag9548_26761086189_o.jpg imag9554_38536743591_o.jpg imag9569_26761083389_o.jpg imag9576_26761082009_o.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  10. Prime135

Prime135 Jill Rhyme the science Prime

News Credits:
    Where the heck did you find that nice clean tender of 07 Optimus?!?!?!? Been trying to hunt one down for months!!!

Also, to be fair, the bay designs fit much nicer into the modern interpretation of what a transformer is, than what we were getting pre 2007. Transformers today are expected to have a bit of jaggedness to them, to be broken up with panel lines, greebly bits, glowing elements, etc. just look at IDW, Prime, or the WFC/FOC games. Back in 2007 most transformers were boxy and solid-looking by comparison.

• Like Like x 4
  11. sladeprime

News Credits:
    I am really a big fan of this aesthetic. And sometimes you'll find some images out of luck. Just really passionate about it and i know exactly what i want. 88642a_62ff12c1799b49ecbb4ddd6eab976993_mv2.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  12. ReadyParzivalOne

ReadyParzivalOne Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Old):
    the movie looks amazing but honestly i just hate how everything has to be related to G1.... like for gods sake they are based on freaking toys..... so you can make them look anyway you want

and I HATE WHEN PEOPLE SAY G1 is the source material..... no its not THE TOYS ARE

well you got what you wanted cry baby G1 fans.... not sure how you get by in life with change if you cant handle transformers changing

• Like Like x 3
  13. Prime135

Prime135 Jill Rhyme the science Prime

News Credits:
    You realize g1 refers to an era...not a show, right? So the source material (ie the toys as you say) is still considered g1...

• Like Like x 2
  14. ToaDraco

ToaDraco Lightning Strike Coalition Force

Ebay:
    I too grew up drawing robots and mecha and I couldn't disagree more. A good design creates an iconic, recognizable silhouette where every included element serves a purpose, something very few of the bayformer designs can claim. The more you look at them the less intentional their designs appear with random parts jutting out here and there in at attempt to overcomplicate them which only became more incoherent as time went on. However I do applaud the designers attempt at incorporating actual vehicle parts into the designs at least at the beginning. The incomprehensible messes of metal however were incredibly poor choices for fast-paced action sequences particularly since all of the cons look damn near identical. I will say some of the designs seemed impressive at the time but that very quickly wore out its welcome. I'll admit there are a couple designs I still like but not many. The Dinobots from AoE are awesome looking if not in desperate need of some paint.

• Like Like x 2
  15. sladeprime

News Credits:
    Well they are easy to identify to me. But i see your point.

• Like Like x 2
  16. ReadyParzivalOne

ReadyParzivalOne Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Old):
    i know but I'm saying i hate how everyone says the G1 show is the source material.... the source material are freaking toys which means anyone can make the characters look anyway they want and don't get me wrong even though i don't like G1 designs they looks amazing n the movie, i just hate how it always has to be about G1

17. Dinobot Snarl

News Credits:
    Hypocritical...

• Like Like x 6
  18. Dinobot Snarl

News Credits:
    I despise these designs and I'm not the only one or we wouldn't be seeing a changing of the guard.

https://kotaku.com/finally-a-live-action-transformers-movie-i-want-to-see-1829270358

Every G1 Transformers Design in the New Bumblebee Trailer

bumblebee reaction - Google Search

Maybe if they weren't named afterafter chara I grew up with, I could appreciate them. But they insult the memories built up through decades of cartoons comics and toys.

Look around here, people are celebrating seeing Transformers as they remember them, not some reinterpretation.

That said,

Dropkick and Shatter are new characters so I can appreciate them. I do like Dropkick. Shatter's face a tad weird but not bad.

Blitzwing, I'm probably okay with only because I'm not as close to his character. I do like his look. And by extension I really like Acid Storm.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
  19. sladeprime

News Credits:
    Yeah i agree. Except the differences in taste which is natural. If it's not called Transformers. It could've been so much better. The designs were innovative(NON-TRADITIONAL MECH). Rare gems on trash sadly.I really love some robots though i never like their movies as much as i wanted other movies. TF1 is my favorite among them. But in this case. I may like the movie but not the robots.

20. agp

agp Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A vocal minority thus far. Lets see how Bumblebee does at the box office. There is a changing of the guard because of how TLK did at the box office, not the designs. They did very well with the general public in 4 out of 5 movies with the bay designs. I think the designs are far down the list of why the movie going public was luke warm to the TLK. We also don't know how much the g1 designs are in the movie either. I'm also not saying there isn't legitimate criticism of the movie designs to be had.

The one thing I think a lot of people fail to see about the original movie designs is they conveyed a since of life and ability for dynamic motion. Most of the autobots had a very human anatomy while decipticons had some very alien and monster types in their ranks. The robots often had shoulders and chests that mimicked ours and gave a reality to the motion. Hips were also unconstrained by skirts or other things. Proper ankles and wrists were includes. There had to have been strong consideration given to the way they would animate the robots while designing them.

• Like Like x 4