Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Trailer #2

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Sep 24, 2018.

1. emoo

emoo Well-Known Member

It would have to be the case with the cybertron scene only maybe lasting a few minutes at most. It will either play out as one flashback at the beginning of the movie or some other point in the movie, or a few smaller flash back sequences scattered through the movie as bumblebee regains his memory. Either way anyone going into this movie thinking the G1 characters and designs have a large part in the movie and have a major presence is going to be in for a rude awakening and most likely will say the movie sucks just based on the part of it not living up to what they were expecting and built up for themselves.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Cyborgraptor

Cyborgraptor Well-Known Member

While watching the trailer, I realised something. Now, this may just be a big coincidence, but looking at this part of the trailer
    Screenshot_20180924-181743_YouTube.jpg Screenshot_20180924-181804_YouTube.jpg

Doesnt it remind you of something familiar?
    Screenshot_20180924-181909_YouTube.jpg Screenshot_20180924-181915_YouTube.jpg

• Like Like x 14
  3. Canbot

Canbot Well-Known Member

JUST watched this trailer, after watching nothing else.

I will go see this movie! HELL YES I WILL...and to be honest, it may still stink, but they're doing what they should have done from the beginning...incoming opinion, thinskins be forewarned:

LOOK at those proper G1 inspired designs! Prime! Shockwave! SOUNDWAVE AND RAVAGE?!??!?! Are you kidding me? And Starscream...looks...like Starscream!

These CGI models are what this series should have been like from the get-go.

Give me THAT Transformers live action movie, Hollyweird! With THOSE robots, those ones right there! That LOOK like they're supposed to!

I really, really hope this movie brings it home. I still think Bee isn't looking G1 enough other than the altmode, but they even had Cybertron jet modes (those triangle looking things) for the seekers...these people KNOW their source material for once!...please let this be the direction they take with any new reboots. I will be SO very happy.

• Like Like x 5
  4. xolta

xolta Well-Known Member

Me seeing the g1 desings.

• Like Like x 4
  5. The Mad Demobot

The Mad Demobot Well-Known Member

For those who think this will not work, I want you to play a game with you. Take a look at the media posts and sites outside of this website. Really look out there like Facebook, Youtube, other forums, reddit, tumblr, your neighbor anything really. Look at them and see the reception, the general reception of what the people have to say about this film. I will be amazed if there are any sort of comments bashing the new designs or railing on the human actors or the cheesy story because people are actually loving this. But you're never going to know that, because you stick around one area like this site for too long and it impairs your judgement.

And that's your dose of reality for today.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2018
    • Like Like x 6
  6. emoo

emoo Well-Known Member

In ROTF a newspaper headline had a pic of shockwave with a very G1 design so its not to out of place for him continuity wise, but the cybertron scenes as already has been said do look more like something out of a video game more than a movie

TF2G1ShockwaveCloseup.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  7. BombSquad

BombSquad Commander Broadside Proponent

News Credits:
    Someone else pointed out that it's not actually a conehead, it's a triangular piece of kibble behind the head. And that's another detail that matches up with the generations Thunderwing design.

• Like Like x 1
  8. QuintusTheExaltedOne

QuintusTheExaltedOne Creator of the Quintessons and ex-Prime

News Credits:
    ABF352B5-082A-4DB5-AA62-DE357431B4FE.jpeg 38732AFF-1512-4C9E-8604-98C512917773.jpeg F7E3ADE2-511D-4F85-BAC3-EC7AD032056C.jpeg
    I was the one who pointed it out. And man, I love your enthusiasm for Thunderwing, but that dude is clearly a conehead. He has the same parts as the other seekers besides the wings and collar. Thunderwing is WAY different.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Thinking about it, for a small budgeted film, there are a lot of the new designs made for this film. I feel like they're planning to reuse a lot of these assets in the sequel to Bee or a Cybertron prequel. I can't see them using it for TF6, which lends another reason just to scrap the current continuity altogether.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Prime135

Prime135 Friend of Arcee

News Credits:
    Tumblr:
    • Like Like x 2
  11. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    I noticed that too.

12. tagmac

tagmac Well-Known Member

Now, if only we could get the Dinobots & Devastator looking the way they're supposed to look, instead of those abominations we got from Bay. Maybe even get Gregg Berger to do Grimlock's voice. And if Megatron IS in this, it would be a disgrace if Frank Welker isn't brought in to do his voice.

• Like Like x 4
  13. bellpeppers

News Credits:
    John Campea was shilling for it in a major way.

14. bellpeppers

News Credits:
    Here’s what I think happened:
    They had a small budget, Knight delivered something promising, Paramount gives him a little more cash to do a little more.

• Like Like x 4
  15. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

This looks great! I can't wait for this movie! I honestly haven't been able to truly say that for years, probably since the original 2007 movie.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    Yeah I can see where you’re getting this but I’m just not too sure. We may have thought that the whole blitzwing fiasco was dumb but there’s reason to believe it wasn’t intentional. This doesn’t seem like that.

17. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Gotta disagree on the Dinobots. Best Dinobot designs ever IMO.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Infosaur

Infosaur Ancient Cybertronian

Okay, what would a fanboy post be without a few complaints:

1.) the lighting on Cybertron looks really weird. Like WFC/FOC 5 year old video game weird.

2.) Triple changing, though cool, seems a stretch. Everything I liked about stepping away from Bay's designs to a more G1 aesthetic is lost when you can hang out of scale F4 Phantom (?) wings off a Dodge Challenger.

2 1/2.) So the Decepticons are working with the military? Really? Again?

Alright, pros:

1.) FUCKING TETRA-JETS!!! Holy shit dude! Didn't expect that at all.

2.) G1 inspired designs.

3.) I like Bumblebee's design.

4.) "Bumblebee HIDE!" *buries head in sand* lol

5.) Bumblebee going all Iron Giant.

Final score: 5-2?

I'd call this a win.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    BB718944-D7FB-4162-AC66-BAC8CBE1EAC6.jpeg

• Like Like x 7
  20. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    I’d have to agree with you. I think the dinobot designs are fantastic and are probably my favourite from the movies (just got studio series grimlock and can’t wait for the rest!). But I’d like to see a more accurate looking design in these films. Maybe even get some beast wars vibe with actual Dino skin. I’d take either. The constructicons are also very intricate and cool designs but I’d gladly take something more GEEWUN. Kinda like that massive black concept art which while different was closer. And I’d be even happy if it was in G2 colours since it’s hard to find matching green construction vehicles. Maybe replace the purple with black to keep that colour breakup.