Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Trailer #2

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Chainlink

Chainlink No real than you are

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Hoover Dam gets me all nostalgic. '07 movie is what got me into the franchise.
    Looking at the trailer, it seems Bee had the Jeep(?) alt mode first when he came to earth. He has it when fighting Blitzwing. Then shortly after, he'd be dumped off a cliff and scan the Beetle.

Also, I hope there aren't many ties to the Bay movies. I'm hoping if/when this movie performs well, they just decide "let's make this a reboot" and go forward from there. I'd be fine if a reboot carries over some story points (aforementioned Hoover Dam) and design aesthetics.

• Like Like x 5
  2. The Mad Demobot

The Mad Demobot Well-Known Member

What can I add by this point other than pure joy?
    Well maybe this...
    [​IMG]

Action scenes also look to be really focused too. Fuc it, I'm paying to see this first over Mary Poppins and Aquaman.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Edwardmus Prime

Edwardmus Prime Righteous Protector of Ed-Land

This movie is kind of weird for me. I'm pretty used to ignoring problems with live action movies, but this one has new ones that I haven't grown used to. Yet, it seems better than the other movies in many other departments. The pluses are easy to look past because of the new problems.

Ironically, I think their trying to fix the old problems just fudged the new movie. I don't know if the design phase was rather short or whatever, but damn do these seem inconsistent with each other like they didn't coordinate properly. We have super "G1-but-bursting-at-seams" designs like Shockwave, Soundwave and Optimus, but then we have "blocky Bayverse" like the Seekers, "solid, homage-y Bay" Bumblebee and Blitzwing... then Shatter and Dropkick. The Cybertronian scenes look like they could have used more ironing out to mesh overall better with the look established on Earth — frankly the former two look pretty awkward to me.

The Decepticons seemingly having dialogue, interacting with humans and other robots is a big plus. The emotional core is looking pretty damn great too. Real human connection is the thing missing most from these movies (and the franchise in general); if the scenes with Bee and Charlie are any indication, then this might actually be what I am looking for. Hope this is the part that leaves the biggest impact.

Action scenes look easier to follow too. Nice bonus.

• Like Like x 2
  4. YoungPrime

YoungPrime DJD VET

News Credits:
    :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  5. UltraPrimal

UltraPrimal N/A

News Credits:
    OMG, it's real! I didn't believe the leaks last night, but here they are! I love it! Can this movie get anymore G1?

BTW, I wonder who these two 'Cons are. The red/pink one might possibly be a fem-con? Maybe pre-Earth Shatter if this is a flashback? The green one looks like a Seeker. Maybe even a Conehead. But he also reminds me a little of Black Shadow; specifically his Generations Deluxe toy. MysteryCons.jpg

6. HawaiianBro808

HawaiianBro808 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    is there Trailer 3 with out the text??? i find it distracting :banghead: 

• Like Like x 3
  7. Emet Baqar

Emet Baqar Life in Truth is its own reward.

Seeing these realistic G1 style designs coming to the big screen makes me wish all the more that these were the designs they were using from the start. You can have the original recognizable designs upgraded with the mechanical articulation design aspect that makes them fully mobile and not immobile blocks without losing their traditional design and appearance and recognizability. I hope future movies will continue to do this it could be a lot of fun!

• Like Like x 6
  8. Sideways77

Sideways77 useless lesbian

News Credits:
    Unlike Soundwave I really dig the Seekers and Shockwave. Starscream is still wide like his later design and Shockwave looks awesome. I'm glad Shockers gets TWO good Movie designs

Still looks like something from a High Moon game tho :/

• Like Like x 1
  9. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax You know what happens to Messiahs, don't you?

News Credits:
    Just... everything.

This fandom.

I don't understand why there's two extremely conflicting and contrasting aesthetic designs. Why do Blitzwing, Shatter and Dropkick look "Bay-esque" while the rest are clearly G1 and what appears to be, in comparison, not-so-great CGI. (Again, in comparison.)

I dunno. I realize I don't have the whole story, but the clashing aesthetics don't make sense to me.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Sideways77

Sideways77 useless lesbian

News Credits:
    I'm still betting on something stupid like "when they come to Earth they have to strip down their armor and be more mechanical" or something

• Like Like x 1
  11. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee Funny Little Man

I like Camaro Bumblebee, and Peterbilt Optimus, and I was okay with vulture-scream, but I love every G1 homage design in this film and I'll take Studio Series figures of all of them right now, thanks.

• Like Like x 8
  12. Switchblade

Switchblade One Flesh, One End

News Credits:
    Okay, so I haven't watched one of the live-action films since #3 but I'm actually getting kind of excited for this one. I kind of lost my shit a little when Ravage ejected from the Soundwave-looking dude (who I assume is called Astrotrain). I'm not getting my hopes up too high - it is a Transformers movie, after all - but pending good word of mouth I may actually watch this one.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Chainlink

Chainlink No real than you are

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. I mean, I don't mind some more G1 influence, but making the designs slavishly so is jarring. They could've kept Soundwave's DOTM proportions and maybe arm speakers, and just cleaned up the design a bit. Same with Shockwave. I mean, homage is fine, but I'd say trying to keep an aesthetic continuity is more important.

However, if Hasbro/Paramount comes out saying "it's a reboot after all," then I'd probably be more accepting of it.

• Like Like x 6
  14. GWolfv2

GWolfv2 Deathsaurus - A name you can trust for peace

News Credits:
    Something I like, when Bee is being harpooned the implication is he's refusing to fight back. Cena pushes Charlie down. Game face.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Dukeup Nukhead

News Credits:
    This would be a great reboot point...except it won't be a reboot.

Lorenzo made it clear that if BB succeeds, all that will happen is just more 80's time period 'spotlight' films on BB and maybe one on Prime, but it isn't going to do a hard reset like what badly needs to be done. As insane and impossible-to-decipher as the movie continuity is because of four straight history retcons because the hack writers can't come up with a way to make the bad guys actually a threat in the present, starting all over despite the copious benefits like not having everybody be DEAD and thus unusable is an unthinkable option for Paramount so long as they can milk money from what little momentum is left.

Because Paramount doesn't give two shits about continuity, they made that VERY clear when they kept going after DOTM instead of regrouping and ACTUALLY developing a long-term franchise plan that wouldn't require retroactively introducing more bullshit on Earth that *nobody ever noticed or remembered*.

On top of that, Bumblebee supposedly has been around since at LEAST WWII according to TLK - which is still canon given they're putting out the WWII Bee toy in Studio Series alongside the Bumblebee tie-in toys - so why are Shatter and Dropkick only hunting him down NOW, 30-40 years after that?

Plus, Soundwave also should be around given it was implied he had a direct role to play in the Decepticons getting the last two Apollo missions canceled back in DOTM, which puts him around Earth during the 70s at the VERY latest.

Not according to some people who think the films are great because they just kill off all the bad guys instead of reusing them to be reoccurring threats.

Red one on the left is Shatter, you can tell because of the bright red color and the shoulder kibble which lines up precisely with the Earth mode robot form close-up where they're kneeling and talking with S7.

Green one is probably a generic or maybe even Acid Storm.

From what is known, Paramount went into a tailspin following the disaster that was TLK, allegedly trying to get BB canceled but couldn't due to I guess having invested too much by that point. A common theory I've been seeing is that much of the 'G1-ness' of the film was put in very late as a result, trying to distance BB from the bay films visually - I.E. why all the toys appear to be based on a VW mode BB solely based on the original 2007 Camaro BB robot mode with the door wings, instead of the final one from the trailers where the doors are on his back, kind of a big detail to get wrong across the board unless the design change came too late to be adapted - and the reason we're getting so many G1 designs all of a sudden is that they're from the canned Animated Cybertron prequel film, just recycled wholesale to save money.

All I know is that these G1 designs are NOT going to be in the film for more than a few minutes since the main focus of the film is of course the Bumblebee and Hailee adventure hour.

• Like Like x 1
  16. cire87

cire87 'til all are dead.

Somewhere between leaving Cybertron and arriving on earth, they get a protoform.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    It is blitzwing. He has the mouth cylinders.

Entry form.
    It was only used as a protoform in ROTF because they reused the CGI model from the first movie of Prime's landing with a decepticon random soldier in the desert battle scene for random decepticon filler.

"Protoform" became the name for them, but really the protoform is the state before scanning anything or taking an entry form. It literally means "first form" and is supposed to mean when they are first activated/come to life, but has since become to mean the entry forms when they really aren't the entry forms.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Nemisispath

Nemisispath Needs a new username

So the guys on Cybertron.  We got Optimus, Soundwave, Ravage, Shockwave, the red triple changer, Blitzwing, and what looks like Skywarp and Acid Storm?  And why does Blitzwing looks exactly like Starscream?  Last minute name change or something?

19. MacFormer97

MacFormer97 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There's something about this particular shot that I'm in love with. The framing and choreography almost feel like a Renaissance painting. It alone is already tugging at my heartstrings.

It feels good to be excited again. Transformers-Bumblebee-Movie-Trailer-02309.jpg

• Like Like x 17
  20. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax You know what happens to Messiahs, don't you?

News Credits:
    I want to make it clear that I have no issue with G1 aesthetic. I don't care for it, but I'm much more of a consistency type of person.

However... and again, I have no G1 love at all here... it seems *really shitty* to have them be "G1" on Cybertron and then come to Earth looking completely different. Not only do I feel like they're screwing over G1 fans, but it feels like a literal bait and switch to draw G1 fans in.

In addition to these supposedly being "alien" and such.

It's frustrating. I'd like to see the film to get a better idea of what's going on and draw my own conclusions but the aesthetic switch (if that's what it is) seems frustrating all around.

G1 fans are eating this up, but if "G1 is Cybertron only" that's really shitty for Hasbro/Paramount to do.

• Like Like x 2