Transformers Bumblebee Movie: ILM's Developing an Epic Set Piece

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by AzT, Apr 2, 2019.

1. Triple Melter

Triple Melter EGG GANG™

Dude you can have an opinion and voice it thats fine

but dont say people who dont agree with you have no taste thats just ignorant and nullifies your opinion anyway

• Like Like x 14
  2. Skillfulgram2003

Skillfulgram2003 JLTE03

News Credits:
    Lemme see that Megatron Design!

• Like Like x 2
  3. Honorbound

Honorbound Bayverse Optimus was in the right.

Ebay:
    The Ravage looks like a canine rather than a feline, but damn, that Soundwave. He's G1 done right. Gone is the plain, blocky design aesthetic, replaced by something still angular, but Gundam-esque, and it works.

• Like Like x 10
  4. dragologer

dragologer "Such heroic nonsense"

Um...exactly.
    also...I can't wrap my brain around such a desolate outlook on that scene.
    I cried in the theatre when the opening shot of Cybertron hit my eyes!

• Like Like x 5
  5. dovianax

dovianax Terrorcon

This has to be an obvious troll. How can anyone say this sequence was “half assed“ when it’s the first and only sequence in its five movie history to actually use and accurately reference the source material from which it’s based on?!?! Not only that but excecute it so effectively that it made everyone who watched it want 2 more hours of it!
    Anyone who “loves G1 until the end of time“ should’ve been both ecstatically satisfied and relieved to finally see them stray away from the “Bayverse” design formula.
    And then to proceed to bash the intelligence and taste of anyone who actually enjoyed it?!?!

You sound so contradictory and confused. Who hurt you!?!

Last edited: Apr 2, 2019
    • Like Like x 8
  6. 2Sixshot

2Sixshot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not going to lie I hope they give some more time with this thrust and maybe armada personality. It would be a great to have a g1 centeral but also having other continuity characters

7. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    OH MY GOD YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FINALY! IT’S HERE!

Oh my god they’re beautiful. So cool.
    Interesting point and I like where you’re coming from. It feels like an appropriate change. And it’s a fire one at that.
    Everyone needs a figure! Agreed! It’d be incredible to have a line up like that. Everyone is there! With earth modes as well! It’d be a dream come true! Also that Camaro bee at the end of the film.
    They’re incredible! The seeker design is fantastic. Starscream is perfection. And it’s great to have some official names. Although they’re not quite what I expect. Okay first of all making thrust into armada thrust is a brilliant choice and I love it. It also works fairly well given the design, I do hope the cockpit is still green. Would work a lot better in bot mode. But skywarp and thundercracker. I’m not the most thrilled with. Skywarp just doesn’t look like skywarp. All the purple is in the wrong places and there’s barely any black on him. It looks more like hotlink. I mean thrust should have black as well. But I’m willing to not have black on him instead of skywarp. But skywarp needs the black.
    upload_2019-4-3_8-15-43.jpg upload_2019-4-3_8-15-55.jpg
    Thundercracker is the same as well. He just looks like patriotic starscream. The red just looks out of place and it’s just not that distinct.
    upload_2019-4-3_8-21-40.jpg
    Also I don’t like how all their heads are blitzwing. I’d prefer if they looked more like starscream’s. So yeah. I like the overall design but I’m not too fussed on the individual characters.

Everyone else looks great though and I find it interesting how many used bumblebee and prime as a base yet they still are distinct. The stuff in Cybertron is fascinating as well.

• Like Like x 2
  8. AOEGalvatronRox

AOEGalvatronRox Collector

News Credits:
    Honestly, given the insane amount of attention that G1 is currently getting, I wouldn’t hold your breath. It would be cool, but yeah.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    Can anyone get the other images as well? I see there’s a bunch but I can’t save them.

10. Endertrot

Endertrot Well-Known Member

Holy heck, I need a figure of that Ravage in my life, IDC whether it transforms or not. 3A, third partys, Hasbro, someone make it happen.
    Also, Studio Series Cybertronian OP when? Hopefully without the trailer though, to try and keep price and space down.
    ...Huh. That is weird. Probably someone at ILM just made a mistake including that pic of Rogue, but if not it wouldn't be the first time official sources have accidentally (Or purposefully) used third party toys for reference, lookin' at you Earth Wars Predaking

11. 96megatron

96megatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [www.ilm.com][493]bumblebee2.0.018.jpeg

Go Back...Go Back.....GO BACK!
    th.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  12. ToaDraco

ToaDraco Lightning Strike Coalition Force

Ebay:
    All of this looks amazing!!! I absolutely love the Cybertronian designs and and the G1 inspired looks are just so good! I absolutely love that Cybertronian Optimus is basically the WfC game version with a trailer. It\'s a little odd that Wheeljack seems to have gorilla-like proportions but it\'s still an amazing look for my favorite bot! I really do hope they use these designs in future movies and give them alt modes as well. I want SS figures of all of them! Everything about this approach is what we should have gotten from the beginning and I hope Hasbro/Paramount understand that now 

• Like Like x 3
  13. Cyborgraptor

Cyborgraptor Well-Known Member

Lol! They had an idea to give Optimus a Cybertron version of flames on his vehicle mode. That's pretty funny, though I'm glad they passed on that.

Also, I think it's really interesting how late in the game these designs got made and that whole scene came to be. The character designs where made around the summer of 2018! They had to make characters, make a landscape, design a battle scene, clean up the scene in post and get some footage out by late September! (when we got the second trailer) That's probabaly why they had Blitzwing on Cybertron in the trailer, then made him Starscream in the final cut. They proabaly didnt have time to finish the scene yet. Also they explain why some characters look similar to others, with them saying that everyone was designed with Bumblebee, Shatter, and Blitzwing as bases.

• Like Like x 3
  14. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Everything indicates that the second Tencent showed up at Paramount's door with 40 million dollars to aid the production of the film is when the Cybertron scene became a thing.

• Like Like x 2
  15. CleverNamePendingatron

CleverNamePendingatron Just an ordinary cassette. Nothing to see here.

Really was not a fan of the Cybertronian designs in this film, but even I have to admit, that Optimus alt-mode is a thing to behold. Can I have a toy of it please Hasbro?

• Like Like x 4
  16. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    So what do you think the earth alt modes would be for these guys?

17. Azuzu98

Azuzu98 Whatever

News Credits:
    They look nice and all, but the surface details are still a bit too plain for me. I'd like them to be more mechanical-looking,but not a mess pile of metal like some of bay's designs.

• Like Like x 1
  18. ArcanielRE3

ArcanielRE3 Honorary Autobot

As if I didn't have enough reason to love the Cybertron scenes in Bumblebee enough. All of these designs are awesome! Stand outs for me personally were Arcee, Ravage, and Cybertronian Optimus. I pray we get to see more of them in the inevitable Bumblebee follow-ups!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Mercurius

Mercurius Lights your darkest hour

I guess it just goes to show that Rouge is basically the best MP Arcee out there?

20. Mercurius

Mercurius Lights your darkest hour

That's so hilarious and perfect. Reminds me of watching the old TMNT cartoon's first episodes, where the animators couldn't keep track of which Turtle was which, and so Donnie would be talking with Raph's voice, or Leo would randomly have a red mask...