Transformers Brand Studio Series Roundtable Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Tony_Bacala, Dec 3, 2021.

1. setientshoebox

setientshoebox Banned

NO! NO GOD PLEASE NO! NO!
    NOOOOOO!!!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Mr. Chaos

Mr. Chaos Head of Illuminati Chapter 517

News Credits:
    Honestly? I am kicking myself for selling my FOC Jazz as I think that mold would fit perfect with these guys when displayed. In fact I am leaning towards seeking one out on Ebay just because within recent years Bumblebee, Jazz, Grimlock, and Doubledealer have become the figures I want to have all versions of.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Treadshot 2.0

Treadshot 2.0 Action Master

News Credits:
    I'm not so much talking about Studio Series specifically... moreso the main line. Once we're through this cycle of re-G1, I would like to see something new and creative for a few years. I'm a full-on GEEWUNer but the fact is we've gotten most of the major G1 characters, and in many cases multiple iterations of them (Bumblebee and apparently Ironhide, for instance), so at some point you gotta do something different. There's a reason why Animated, RiD (99), Beast Wars, and the Unicron Trilogy are still viewed so warmly by so many, and why Prime figures are insanely expensive on the aftermarket: they're unique! They each drew in their own audience, and in some cases (like Animated) in spite of ourselves. (I HATED those designs for Transformers; I LOVED how the toys embodied the designs. So Prime, to me, was perfect: it was like if Animated's approach to character design was merged to a traditional TF aesthetic.) Even RiD17 is going to be fondly viewed in the future, based on how much my kids love that show. (And I can't lie, I see why... the bright, colorful, yet detailed robots aren't really like any other TF show. When my son gets older I'm gonna show him Prime and he's gonna crap his pants.)

Like, I would like a series that had more anime influences to the designs. Macross/Gundam/etc. It could appeal to a generation of kids raised on manga, it would be like crossover fanservice to people like me who like all that stuff, it would be an interesting new take on established characters and a chance to do new ones, and maybe even sneak in a couple of easter eggs. Like, a series like that could be where we finally see IDW Whirl and Cyclonus in the mainline.

• Like Like x 1
  4. PoptiOptimime

PoptiOptimime Well-Known Member

I was pointing out to someone who didn't see the faux wheel
    They kept it.

upload_2021-12-3_17-13-5.png

• Like Like x 4
  5. Treadshot 2.0

Treadshot 2.0 Action Master

News Credits:
    I currently have mine standing in with the Seige 'bots but you're absolutely right and when I get the rest of these dudes Jazz is definitely going with them. He'll be a little tall but who cares?

Hell, I might have to throw Sideswipe in there too.

6. setientshoebox

setientshoebox Banned

*squints* hmm... *gasp* WHAT!? WHY!? THE WHEEL IS RIGHT THERE!! THIS IS SO STUPID!!!

• Like Like x 3
  7. AutobotJazz1

AutobotJazz1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is not that bad tbh

Is that figure to big for current lines?

8. DarkAxalonSyde

DarkAxalonSyde Advocate for orignality in Transformers.

They've largely killed my interest in Studio Series, but I will have that Arcee.

9. jimsloth

jimsloth Well-Known Member

So has everyone already discussed Ravege's red rocket?

10. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde シン・ブリュンヒルド

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  11. octobotimus

octobotimus Lost in space

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Funny how this is what I thought the WFC trilogy was going to be when they said it would have cybertronian modes…. Instead we got G1 with some extra panel lines on the cars. So happy to see these designs getting love.

• Like Like x 7
  12. ShadowOfSilver

ShadowOfSilver Element 47

Ebay:
    Did they ever make a Prime to go with these upcoming TFBB figs? I know there's SS-38, but I don't think his alt mode is cybertronian.

13. octobotimus

octobotimus Lost in space

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Cybertron prime was almost identical to SS-38 so they probably don’t see much reason to release him again. Would love them to make a whole new mold that’s more accurate and is cybertronian, but more than likely they are waiting for ROTB to make a new prime mold.

• Like Like x 1
  14. IronWaveJRG

IronWaveJRG Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    The Bumblebee designs were technically "form over function" because a) they're full on G1 inspired; and b) had no alt modes designed for the movie (hence why Hasbro didn't plan to make them in the first place). It wasn't until now that Hasbro designed vehicle modes for them.
    Also, Shockwave doesn't transform on screen in DOTM either, yet both his original Voyager and the Studio Series Leader figures have alt modes. For all they care, Hasbro could simply reuse The Fallen's jet mode from the original Voyager and call it a day.

• Like Like x 1
  15. DarthRakdos 0805

DarthRakdos 0805 Member

Twitter:
    It's Arcee, also the backpack isn't that bad at all.

• Like Like x 3
  16. NOBLExGAMER

NOBLExGAMER Scale Crazed CHUG Collector

News Credits:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

These are hands down the best Cybertronian designs we've gotten since the War for Cybertron game. I'm so excited to start collecting these figures.

These designs also really cement my belief that Arcee should always be a bike from now on, please give up on trying to make her G1 Sports Car alt. mode work. The closest you got was T30 Arcee an that figure still had issues. Studio Series Bumblebee Arcee looks to be the best figure Arcee has ever gotten.

I REALLLLLLY hope they don't skip out on Cybertronian Optimus, I don't think the leaked listings ever referred to a new one so either he's 2023, an exclusive, or not happening. Hoping it's gonna be like the Unmasked B-127 and just be unannounced. Also hoping Bumblebee Cliffjumper gets a re-release in Buzzworthy or just a general restock to coincide with all these new Cybertronian Studio Series figures.

• Like Like x 9
  17. Terrellatron

Terrellatron REPAIR REPAIR REPAIR

News Credits:
    Don't be shy....show the megatron concept art owo

• Like Like x 6
  18. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    People are just hunting for minor flaws these days. It's depressing.

I think the whole line is impressive, the weakest being Ratchet but the rest are amazing.

My Ranking
    1) Soundwave (I don't care that you don't like his alt)
    2) Wheeljack (I know, Brawn is that good too, I'm partial to Wheeljack)
    3) Brawn (wonderful alt mode and beyond masterpiece bot mode it's crazy)
    4) Arcee (phenomenal, I don't care about whatever nitpicky thing you don't like, good grief)
    5) Ratchet / Ironhide (these guys got the worst of the budget, but it's okay because their cohorts are sooo good, I'll complete this set anyway)

I would love a art book of these concepts, pass that along please, will remind me of the first time I was happy to see my bots on the big screen.

• Like Like x 6
  19. SecretWyvern

SecretWyvern Tax fraud is the right of all sentient beings

I kinda feel like you do

• Like Like x 18
  20. PoptiOptimime

PoptiOptimime Well-Known Member

I wish they make some MPs though, this would be a great model with real rubber tires too!

• Like Like x 3