Transformers Brand Studio Series Roundtable Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Tony_Bacala, Dec 3, 2021.

1. ZapRowsdower

ZapRowsdower Selling oddities in a shack. In the woods.

If that's the official reply, could be lies. They could release Armada Prime in new legacy line, for example. Really, anywhere.

Where did they release that Headmaster Scorponok? Titans Return? No, they did Omega that year... I guess they cancelled Scorponok cuz nowhere to put him! :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  2. Rakzo

Rakzo Peruvian Transformers Fan

News Credits:
    I guess they could, "could" at the very least retool the awful "hoverboard" to make something actually useful and make the vehicle mode look better.

But even that would be expecting too much at this point.

3. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    Star Saber had a physical prototype before they knew if the HasLab campaign would be a success or not.

Common sense? Why would she be anything else? The only way to "improve" the figure would be to bump it up to Voyager price to make the engineering work but she's already small as it is can you imagine putting *that* in a Voyager box?

4. GrimCharr

GrimCharr SciFi Geezer

May do the same with my RED Arcee. This actually looks great.

I much prefer the Prime coloring. If they don't release one in that color, I look forward to the inevitable custom recolors. I assume that they won't release Prime colored Arcee, considering the Generation Selects is doing that.

• Like Like x 1
  5. GrimCharr

GrimCharr SciFi Geezer

Since they did a complete retooling for a Cybertronian Ratchet, I am holding out some hope that they do the same for the SS86 Ironhide. Which is supposed to be a voyager, not a deluxe like the Siege.

6. setientshoebox

setientshoebox Banned

I hope they make an SS86 sideswipe

7. Rakzo

Rakzo Peruvian Transformers Fan

News Credits:
    Was he even in the movie?

8. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    G1 Unicron, BW Neo Unicron, Alternators Porsche Jazz, Transformers: Heroes, Transtech Starscream and Cheetor, and Animated Hot Shot and Marauder Megatron all say hi.

Lots of stuff gets prototyped before the full green light, only to be ultimately abandoned.

If you think Armada Prime was egregious because it actually made it to the showroom floor, you should see what Bandai gets up to.

• Like Like x 4
  9. PoptiOptimime

PoptiOptimime Well-Known Member

I would have been 100% ok with all the issues if Arcee's head was like this:
    upload_2021-12-3_14-7-3.png

• Like Like x 2
  10. RazorclawX

RazorclawX Campaign Oracle

Because clearly releasing two Megatrons at once in CW really worked out for them-- oh wait, it didn't.

11. Requiem Prime

Requiem Prime Well-Known Member

That is a nice Arcee.  Most of the credit has to go to the movie design, which understood you can have the vehicle be part of her body and make her feminine.

• Like Like x 6
  12. KibblerGrrrl

KibblerGrrrl Zealous mini-cassettes & fembots evangelist

It bugs me that BB Arcee's fists are just doing the old Siege Chromia thing being totally visible off the back of the bike mode, and that there are no 5mm ports on the cowling or front fork to mount her twin blasters where it'd make sense, but those are minor issues I easily accept. She looks fantastic :drool: in her renders, and I'll be preordering a second one to repaint and rehead as a "SS" Chromia; finances permitting, I'll likely even pick up a third for some future project.

The only downside is I just know these local %^&*#! buttholes are going to be swapping these out and returning their Earthrise/Kingdom Arcees in the SS BB Arcee boxes. :mad: 

Meh. Her face (and Shatter's) is fine. “This is the ideal male body Arcee face. You may not like it, but this is what peak performance 'Resting B Face' looks like.” When she levels up, it'll be the Cybertronian equivalent of Ghost Rider's Penance Stare.

Yeah, this just proves that the problem is the ILM designs that have little/no regard to how an actual transforming figure would exist practically. Hasbro needs to exert more control over the onscreen designs in order to produce better SS Transformers figures.

Wait, wait, wait... do you mean the news that Bay is helping with the action sequences on the upcoming RotB film? Or are they giving him back the film franchise post-RotB? Because if it's the latter... :mad: mad::mad: mad::mad: mad:

Last edited: Dec 3, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  13. PoptiOptimime

PoptiOptimime Well-Known Member

OMG yes. I had to do a double-take on this as a retool. The only difference is that Arcee's torso and legs are in an L shape rather than a I shape.

• Like Like x 1
  14. setientshoebox

setientshoebox Banned

No, but I want a sunbow accurate sideswipe. All they'd need to do is retool ss86 hot rod.

15. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    If they retooled SS86 Hot Rod it wouldn't be a Sunbow accurate Sideswipe now would it?

• Like Like x 10
  16. Azuzu98

Azuzu98 Still hyped as fuck for Rise of the Beasts

News Credits:
    He's just a producer in ROTB, just like he was in bumblebee. Stop overreacting.

• Like Like x 7
  17. SecretWyvern

SecretWyvern Tax fraud is the right of all sentient beings

I'm just saying, the best way to get a G1 sunbow accurate Megatron is to retool SS86 Hot Rod

• Like Like x 12
  18. setientshoebox

setientshoebox Banned

Yes it would, all you need to do is slightly change the legs, change the back section, and retool it to be a lamborghini countach

19. John TheDestroyer

John TheDestroyer Cognitive ability of a rock

News Credits:
    But he's not? He's a producer on RotB, but he was a producer on Bumblebee too, so if being a producer counts as being a creative part of the movie, then he never left

She doesn't though. At least not nearly that bad. The side view it shows is mostly just the engine things, which is kibble she's supposed to have. Blue line traced below is about where the center backpack piece sits
    1638568309952.png

And this picture below shows it off better since the rocket engine is swiveled out of the way
    Studio-Series-Roundtable-12-21-036.jpg

Tbh, he could definitely get a redo and I wouldn't complain. That figure was just too fiddly to be enjoyable, especially the lower legs. I would be happy if they do a "cybertronian" version of him thats basically like the new Soundwave. Just bullshit a nonsense alt mode to allow for a perfect,solid, kibble-less bot mode

Where do you see fake wheels?

What about the upcoming Legacy Arcee?

• Like Like x 8
  20. shin03

shin03 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Too bad soundwave\' salt mode doesn\'t look as impressive as the mock up. 

• Like Like x 4