Transformers Brand Info From New York Toy Fair 2019 Fan Media Panel

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Feb 16, 2019.

1. drbeakman

drbeakman Well-Known Member

i honestly think the people in this thread who are happy about a reboot are being very civil, considering the amount of insults and disrespect many of them have endured for the better part of a decade...

it wasn't long ago that you couldn't utter even the slightest criticism of the bayverse without experiencing a hostile reaction. things have definitely changed for the better, and i personally have no bad blood with anyone anymore. i'm just happy that things are moving forward, and i think with the foundation knight has laid, it's a win-win for everyone, no matter what iteration you liked best.

i do think bee getting his voice back is definitely next on the "things to do" list!

• Like Like x 6
  2. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Bounty Hunter

News Credits:
    I think it's pretty clear that it means a new continuity. If they had said "new storytelling direction", that would be more vague. But "new universe" leaves nothing to the imagination.

• Like Like x 7
  3. Gzstg

Gzstg Autobot Historian, Armada Dub Defender

though it was not my favorite I appreciated that the movies were there own thing and not a copy of g1. even though Bumblebee is one of my favorites of the movie verse I did not like the g1 modes they put in there not everything has to be g1 people.

4. Chareos

Chareos needs new Omnibots

News Credits:
    Well said

5. ToaDraco

ToaDraco Lightning Strike Coalition Force

Ebay:
    Yes it\'s officially reboot time! This is exactly what I\'ve been wanting especially after how good Bumblebee did! Too bad he didn\'t remain a vw beetle at the end but it\'s always possible he could decide to change back now that they aren\'t beholden to the bayverse. 

• Like Like x 1
  6. AOEGalvatronRox

AOEGalvatronRox Collector

News Credits:
    Oh yeah sure. They’ve been such huge victims for the last decade. /s

You’ll have to excuse me if I have a hard time feeling sympathy for folks who’ve pretty much slung shit at the Bay films and it’s fans for the last decade, constantly screaming that their “childhoods have been ruined/raped/destroyed by Michael Bay”. And that people who like these films “have shitty taste” and “aren’t real fans”. I’m genuinely interested in seeing where they go next with the films. Let’s just not pretend the older fans have somehow been giant victims for the last 12 years.

• Like Like x 3
  7. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Not much. They were extremely vague about it.

However, did hear later that future movies will take a budget route similar to Bumblebee. I guess they won't be spending 200 - 400 million in Production + Marketing.

• Like Like x 7
  8. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Retired Admln Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Pinterest:
    Excuse me while I do a dance on the grave of the Bayverse.

Funny side note, on my way to the HOF in Pasadena I cut off Bay's Limo on the freeway.

• Like Like x 1
  9. 96megatron

96megatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wondering how much did the VW Bug and Optimus G1 Looking Truck cost to make? If they are doing custom vehicles from now on.

10. Gzstg

is that really called for just because you did not like them does not mean others did to. we are all transformers fans here why can we not be civil with each other.

• Like Like x 3
  11. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Crossdresser Toy Collector

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    He didn't directly attack you, did he? He expressed his dislike towards the Bay franchise. He didn't insult your honor or your mother or anything. That you feel insulted by his opinion of the franchise, not about you, is a problem you have to work out, not something we admonish him for.

• Like Like x 9
  12. Gzstg

I just thought that since we are all transformers fans here that we could be civil with each other and not be dicks to each other because we like different things. there is enough of that in the world lets not bring it here. he expressed it in a way I have seen for the past decade all over the internet and that is in a condescending attitude. we can dislike something without being dicks to each other.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
  13. AOEGalvatronRox

AOEGalvatronRox Collector

News Credits:
    Fixed that typo for you. But did you hear? It’s those pesky Bay fans that have been uncivil and condescending for the last decade, not the older fans. They’ve definitely tried being civil. /s

• Like Like x 4
  14. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Crossdresser Toy Collector

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Considering he didn't directly attack you, or anything, I see no wrong done. Everyone will have their own ways of expressing the likes or dislikes for things, nothing more, nothing less.

Like, take me for example. I hated the first three movies to be honest. I love Age of Extinction and The Last Knight, and even though they get shit on by practically everyone you'll never see me getting upset about it. I'm comfortable with another person's opinions as long as they're not attacks. Being a dick would be something like dancing on the grave of the Bay franchise AND saying that it's fans are shit for liking it in the first place.

• Like Like x 7
  15. Gzstg

this just may be in my nature but I find dancing on graves in bad taste whether its a actual dead person or a fallen franchise. I have my problems with the movies but you do not see me celebrating there death like some people on here have.

16. Hanzkaz

Hanzkaz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'll admit that I wasn't the biggest fan of the Bay movies, but I do wish they'd finished the story, even if it was just about Unicron waking up.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    No one's been saying that 'ruined childhoods' crap for years, though I have seen the 'shitty taste' recently thrown around.

However, you can not seriously consider that after a decade, the films led to the absolute shitshow that was TLK and think 'yeah, this was worth not rebooting the franchise over'. People have wanted a reboot for years and noticeably every time it got brought up, people who were firmly in the film support camp accused them of being G1ers...even though that wasn't what was being asked for. All people wanted was something different but somehow, it got into the pro-movie camp that anything that wasn't supporting the film was G1er biased for the old stuff, full stop, instead of another reinvention of the franchise which was sorely overdue.

The VW bug was an unmodified Type 1 Beetle and I'm sure they still have that cab-over for Prime. They're fairly cheap to make by movie prop standards.

That ship sailed years ago when a bunch of new fans came in acting like they owned the franchise. Noticeably, most of them also happen to no longer be around.

Like you just said, it's the internet. If you can't handle other people's opinions then you need to grow some thick skin.

Sometimes the best thing is to just not say anything at all, if you can't handle somebody saying a common expression like "dancing on the grave".

• Like Like x 3
  18. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Retired Admln Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Pinterest:
    In all honesty I feel bad for those that actually liked it, but after the vitriol and toxicity that came with a majority of that section of the fandom (I retired from here because I was sick of dealing with it) it is like a heavy weight has been lifted with that hack and his garbage gone.

• Like Like x 8
  19. Gzstg

big talk coming from a guy that has ding dong the bay verse is dead on his profile with a laughing woody as his profile pic. I am expressing my opinion maybe it is you that needs to grow some thick skin if you can't handle others opinion on the internet. expected that fans could communicate with each other about our differences in non mocking tones.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Hanzkaz

Hanzkaz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You're not alone. I preferred the last movies, as well.