Transformers Beyond Reality VR Video Game

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SHIELD Agent 47, Feb 4, 2022.

1. Delta Beam Dale

Delta Beam Dale Knockoff Marvel Hero

I think you're very confused on the difference between Google cardboard and mainstream headsets like the Oculus and PSVR. These headsets are all in one units that connect to your PC or console (respectively) or doesn't connect to anything if you have a quest. However your cell phone is not a component in these headsets. Theyre processor is your PC or console (or internal snapdragon processor for quest). The power source is external so they won't die (except the Quest which has a few hours of battery). They have 2 screens (one for each eye) embedded into the headset and brightness is adjustable in game. Sounds like you've only dealt with using a phone for vr which is more of a gimmick to explain the concept than actual VR as it only offers 3 degrees of freedom i.e. your head is just on rotational pivot and can rotate on the x, y, z axis. But with the gaming headsets you have 6 degrees of freedom as you can not only tracks your heads rotation, but your physical movement in the room as well on the x, y, z axis.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2022
  2. Michael Kenney

Michael Kenney Well-Known Member

Looks like I better start saving up for a PlayStation VR set

3. Arale

Arale Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    If you have the newest console, I would wait for the PSVR2.

4. Michael Kenney

Michael Kenney Well-Known Member

Already decided on that. Already registered for updates and everything

5. 84OptimusPrime

84OptimusPrime Autobot

News Credits:
    Started playing it last night… Only got to play through the first episode but was an amazing feeling to look down on my arms and see spikes EXO suit!

The first chapter in the campaign mode was a blast! Would’ve like to see original G1 Optimus prime versus that evergreen mold.

Also would’ve liked to have been able to interact more directly with a Optimus and the Autobots.
    Ii’m hoping this is just the beginning! There’s so much more I would like to see… which I could be hired on as a consultant for true G1 VR Transformers game..

This one was definitely worth the $20… I would have paid $40

• Like Like x 2
  6. GT2

GT2 Well-Known Member

On my PS Store, it's just a placeholder. There's no option to buy the game :( 

The release date just says 09/2022.

7. 84OptimusPrime

84OptimusPrime Autobot

News Credits:
    That is strange it should be available for everyone. Especially here in the States. Did you try downloading it on your PS4?

I did add it to my wish list a week or so ago through my mobile device.

Yesterday morning (09/01/22) first thing went to a PlayStation store on my PS4 and typed in Transformers. The fourth or fifth item down was transformers “Beyond Reality “. I clicked on that and immediately paid the $19.99 and download it.

I had to work yesterday… so after work I spent some time with my son and wife and then tucked him and her in for bed. And then of course, immediately booted up my VR and played the first campaign… tonight I will play more.

I had amazingly high expectations, no possible way it could’ve ever fulfilled it… But still Beyond Thrilled to have this in my collection and play it over and over and over again exclamation.
    highly recommended!

I just hope that they will do a true G1 Optimus prime perhaps a little bit more grown-up version of this VR. But still G1 not Bayverse, Bumblebee, Beastwars… Just G1. I want to be in the 1984/1985 cartoon.

• Like Like x 3
  8. 84OptimusPrime

84OptimusPrime Autobot

News Credits:

From TransformersVR Twitter page 2 nights ago:

Hi All! We're incredibly excited that Transformers Beyond Reality is launching on #PSVR tonight at 12:00AM EST.

Initial launch is Americas & SE Asia initially, with Europe soon after.

Wishlist to be notified when available for you: store.playstation.com/en-us/concept/…

#VR #Transformers

• Like Like x 2
  9. GT2

GT2 Well-Known Member

That's probably it then, I'm on the wrong piece of land / Internet :D 

Thanks for confirming!

• Like Like x 2
  10. Fc203

Fc203 Jazz is a Pontiac not a Porsche

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    This game only has 2 voice actors and one of them is Jon Bailey lmao
    Screenshots_2022-09-02-03-57-20.png

• Like Like x 4
  11. Beast_Megatron

Beast_Megatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The sense of scale on the battlefield with the Transformers is really great. And the love for the franchise and its characters is very evident.

Does anyone else think that the difficulty spikes dramatically after the first level? I was exhausted after playing, and my trigger finger was worn out because the primary weapon is so weak. I think there may be some balancing issues, but the game is pretty cool for $20!

• Like Like x 2
  12. Seanprime

Seanprime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  13. fartsniffer42

fartsniffer42 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wish there was a VR headset for the Series X :( 

14. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm still not sure why they didn't keep the Hololens going. It could've made some impressive strides if they had stuck with it.

15. kary

kary Karyuudo Fansubs

I'll be honest, I was really looking forward to this release since it had so much potential to really bring you into a VR experience of having the Transformers around you. But from all the YouTube videos I've seen of people playing this game, it looks like the developers missed the mark on this one. It seems like a simple you're on rails with non stop Insecticons, Drones and Seekers flying and shooting something at you. There's clips from the first level showing Optimus and Megatron battling and you basically "slide" past them and then continue on down a street. It's almost like being on some Disney park amusement ride. Maybe if it makes it to Steam, I'll get it when it's like $5.00, but I don't see it being worth more than that.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Sness

Sness Autobot Supreme Commander

News Credits:
    It's crazy how cool the idea of Transformers video games is yet in recent years they keep utilizing the concept in the most boring ways possible.
    Like seriously? An on-rails shooter where you fight random nameless seekers?

• Like Like x 2
  17. Beast_Megatron

Beast_Megatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Having played through the full game, I’m ultimately really pleased with it. For a $20 title, there’s a lot of value for your money.

The first three levels admittedly feel very generic. The environments aren’t that impressive, and the enemies are mostly limited to Insecticons. The final three levels take place on Cybertron, and they are much more enjoyable. There is an entire level that takes place amidst a battle between Starscream and Windblade that really stands out.

The story also improves dramatically as the game goes on, ultimately taking inspiration from the Marvel comics for a twist ending.

If you like VR and Transformers, this is a no-brainer. It is admittedly simple and a bit short, but it is made with obvious love for the brand.

• Like Like x 1
  18. 84OptimusPrime

84OptimusPrime Autobot

News Credits:
    Transformers Beyond Reality is now available on PSVR in Europe and Australia!

Let’s ROLL OUT!!

US Link:
    Transformers Beyond Reality

Europe/Australia Link:
    Transformers Beyond Reality

upload_2022-10-5_10-42-35.png

Last edited: Oct 5, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  19. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde 狡猾の死神

News Credits:
    I may give it a shot at some point, but admittedly I'm not expecting too much.

I miss the High Moon games. :|

• Like Like x 1
  20. GT2

GT2 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1