Transformers Best Selling Action Figure for 2007

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by TF@TM, Jan 31, 2008.

1. TF@TM

TF@TM Lucky Draw Collector

News Credits:
    Well its official, well in the UK anyway. Transformers Movie Legends were the top selling Action Figure in 2007 (basd on units sold). They beat both their main rivals over here (Dr Who and Power Rangers), though Dr Who did take more in monetary terms, but considering the figures were only on the shelves for just over half the year, its great news for Hasbro UK who are currently at the Toy Fair selling their wares.

December was another strong month in terms of Transformers sales, with the Movie Legends continuing their strong sales, the Movie Deluxes still in the top 10, and what's that, Transformers Classics Mini-con 3-pack also made the list.

Its not suprising, based on the sales charts, that Argos chose to stick by the Movie line, its probably good for at least a couple of months worth of strong sales.

You can view the the full
    December 07 and 2007 Yearly Toy sales charts over at Transformers At The Moon or by purchasing them through the NPD, but 2007 really was the year Transformers returned to strength within the UK

• News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    Cool news, I hope the retailers at Toyfair will like the numbers enough to buy up large quantities of Animated and Universe. :D 

3. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I hope Hasbro UK sits up and takes notice of this.
    Also, if Movie Legends were the best selling action figures in the UK, I dread to think how many were sold; my local Woolworths has been warming pegs with about 80 Legends Megatrons for ages now...

4. TF@TM

TF@TM Lucky Draw Collector

News Credits:
    Yeah I know what you mean. All the Woolies I go into have loads of the same Movie Legends, and our nearest Toys R Us is full of them too. Still they've been a top selling item pretty much since they came out, so I guess we can expect them to be around for a while.

5. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    My local Woolies has an entire legends shelf-case (the red plastic trough) full of Legends Megatron, and 2 more rows alongside.