Transformers Beast Wars Film Cheetor Early Concept Art By Rob Wiggins

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Black Convoy, Jan 21, 2021.

1. Timothy.R

Timothy.R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Have the marvel movies and even the bumblebee movie to a certain extent proven that more traditional source material designs can work on the big screen?

I’ve said a ton on here over the years, I do love the ever changing designs of different characters, but I prefer when they still have some semblance of their original design.

I did also enjoy most of the bay verse designs, but like I said bumblebee showed us that original designs can be updated and still look great. I wish that was a concept they’d use here as well.

2. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dropkick was a brand-new character who had no prior established visual appearance to emulate. People aren't upset that the design is ugly, they're upset that the design doesn't look like Cheetor.

• Like Like x 1
  3. decepticonaiden

decepticonaiden Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    That wasn't the point I was trying to make. I was showing how drastically a design can change from early concept art to final product. I'm willing to bet that the final design will look like Cheetor. Believe me, I understand that it looks nothing like Cheetor, but perhaps they're trying something a bit different. Seeing what will make it work in the setting, establishing a style, maybe even changing a bit of the character design and having it evolve. I just don't think people should be getting up in arms over what ultimately amounts to a visual representation of a white board filled with ideas. Some ideas will work, most will not. The ones that do work will move onto a second iteration, so on and so forth.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2021
  4. Sovietbot

Sovietbot Autobot from USSR

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Let them finalize with the head of a robot, or else there will be a repeat of 2007 for 11 years yoke, but already over BW.

5. XaxisGuy

XaxisGuy Metasuchian

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    That’s a really cool design tbh

6. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm not sure starting from a design that looks nothing like the character is a good place to be starting from. Half of the final designs for the 2007 movie characters don't look anything like their established appearances either, and I know that's what's concerning people.

But admittedly I don't do this for a living, so I don't know.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Gumblor Gimbles

Gumblor Gimbles Norn' Ironhide

News Credits:
  8. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    This is utter shit.

• Like Like x 1
  9. decepticonaiden

Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    I don't know, I guess I just see this as someone testing different ideas for a pre established character. I know I keep repeating myself, and I know it's annoying, but I strongly believe that the final design will be the classic Cheetor fans know and love. Admittedly, I don't do this for a living either, but I do do concept art by request and commissions. I've also put a lot of research into the industry, and just know how much things can change when looking at concept art for video games and movies. There very well could be art out there of a more traditional Cheetor that we haven't seen. One thing I remember learning from some online tutorials about concept art is that it's ideal to provide your client with three designs: two that follow the guidelines exactly, and one that kinda does its own thing. This could be that thrid piece. At the end of the day, I guess it's just a matter of waiting. We're still a long ways off from the movie coming out. I just don't want to see people throwing the whole movie away based on concept art

• Like Like x 1
  10. Zi Shan

Zi Shan Well-Known Member

I don't get it. We got a Lion King live action movie so why can't we get realistic animals transforming into robots. Whatever they decide to do, my money will do the talking when it comes to their movie tickets/BluRay/TOYS etc.
    I love the original Beast Wars and hope for the best for this project. I'm all for fuzzy animals turning into robotic warriors like the original concept AND I wouldn't mind full robotic beasts as long as the story is good. None of this is going to take away the love I have for the original Beastwars. But let us not forget as a community we DO HAVE a say in this... especially by our wallets.

• Like Like x 3
  11. motorthing

motorthing Too old for this $hit

News Credits:
    Fucking atrocious.

But great for that long awaited Chappie Vs Zoids film everyone's been waiting for.

• Like Like x 1
  12. MindChamber

MindChamber Multi-Media-Masta

yah they're all Alpha Trion for some reason

this would be cool, especially if the skin rips in battle terminator style.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2021
  13. pokemonsdoom

pokemonsdoom MadameVixen

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You forgot.
    Cool shadow panther design

14. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Oh, that's supposed to be Cheetor.
    Now this makes sense.

15. siniquezu

siniquezu Well-Known Member

Great alt mode. I couldn\'t tell it was a transformer. 

16. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The problem is the concept is in a whole different galaxy than anything good. So normally the concept is rough but elements from multiple concepts are combined into the final design, in this case the concept is headed into a galaxy of wrongness. Nothing good could have come from even that rough thought. Yes I'm aware that this concept won't be used, but it's another example of the Mindset under Micheal Bay. Which unfortunately wasn't completely thrown out even in the Bumblebee Movie, as Bumblebee sports the signature Bayface.

• Like Like x 3
  17. A friend

A friend New Member

That boi needs some fur and a better face.

18. Demo2nd

Demo2nd Member

Wow... okey. Cheeta form looks really good, but that robot mode... Jesus Christ this is the stuff nightmares are made of.

19. Kaynowa

Kaynowa #MakeTransformersStupidAgain

News Credits:
    Head is rough but I'd love to see the rest of the robot, see if the bad head is all there was or if this was a bad design overall. No, it isn't accurate to Beast Wars. Honestly I'm fine with that. I prefer to reimagine designs rather than replicate. Give new and fresh takes on the character. I like that cheetah mode and I think there's plenty of room in that design to give a pretty kickass robot. We just saw the least flattering thing

20. decepticonaiden

Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    To say that there's absolutely nothing salvageable from this design seems a bit hyperbolic. I think there are aspects of this design which could be used in the final design. Of course, its a bit hard to say since there are, as of now, no full body pictures. Now, I agree that it doesn't look anything like Cheetor, but that doesn't mean it's headed to a quote "galaxy of wrongness". Elements of this design could be used to make something amazing.

• Like Like x 1