Transformers Beast Wars Blog / First Time Watching

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Decepticon Miner, Nov 24, 2018.

?

Do You Like Beast Wars?

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Meh

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Any reason to rewatch BW is a good reason. :D 

• Like Like x 5
  2. Decepticon Miner

Decepticon Miner Banned

News Credits:
    Victory
    My Rating: 10/10
    My Thoughts:
    • Wow. Secret spy cams. I'm confused. Was the camera put in the base when Rattrap tricked Terrorsaur and said he was a Pred? If so why didn't they use the camera last episode?
    • The Predacons are amazing at acting.
    • It felt so weird for the Preds to be gone. I actually did think they were dead for awhile.
    • This episode was good by the way.
    • Rattrap trying to argue with Dinobot all episode was so annoying. Just shutup for two seconds. Thanks.
    • Wow. They even try to leave the planet.
    • Dinobot WILL be executed Primal...
    • Of course the Predacons are alive. That's the weirdest hiding spot ever.
    • Those shields Primal and Cheetor used during the battle were so cool!
    • Cheetor is still the best and most badass.
    • The action scenes in this episode were great. Just like the others.
    • Megatron getting onto the ship and the whole battle inside was great. Rhinox beat his ass down to the ground. Thrown him right out of the ship.
    • Primal saving them all was legendary.
    • Scorponok sure loves to blast people!
    • Welp looks like the Axalon won't fly again.
    • Anyways onto the next episode.....
    • Oh more Tigatron screentime?! Count me in! I loved how he wanted to join in on the battle.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
  3. Decepticon Miner

Decepticon Miner Banned

News Credits:
    Dark Designs
    My Rating: 10/10
    My Thoughts:
    • A Rhinox episode? cool!
    • The battle at the start of the episode was annoying to watch. The screen kept shaking and vibrating.
    • RHINOX OWNED THE PREDS.
    • Why did Megatron only use the device to make Rhinox evil when he could've done the same to Primal or other bots?
    • Lmao. Scorponok was flattened to the floor...
    • Megatron and Waspinator find his body like that.
    • RHINOX COMPLETELY DESTROYED THE PRED BASE.
    • Wtf was wrong with Waspinator? He was going on about an insecticon named Shrapnel...
    • Terrorsaur trying to make a deal with him was great
    • HE TIED THE TWO SPIDEYS IN THEIR OWN WEB.
    • The final battle was great.
    • Megatron getting annoyed all episode and saying "yesss" was great.
    • Scorponok VS Terrorsaur!!
    • Megatron has to stop working with Terrorsaur. Get rid of him.
    • Onto the next episode.

4. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Glad you're enjoying the show. This was always one of my favorite episodes.

- I think it was implied that Rhinox was the target for the device because Megatron figured he'd be the most likely to thrive as a Predacon, and who had the right amount of knowledge about the Maximals to provide him with a strategic advantage. His calculus ended up being a little... off, however.

- Waspinator got a little punchy and confused, and I guess started relying on old historical datatracks. Shrapnel is one of the insecticons from G1, and I guess until he gets put out of his misery Waspinator thinks that's who he is.
    Interestingly enough, that scene is the first instance in the show that definitively ties Beast Wars back to G1. There were vague references to the 'great war' before, but in this scene it gets specified, and that was a BIG DEAL at the time of the show's airing. Also something you might not have understood was the "wonko the sane" reference, which is at its root a reference to a character from the Hitchhiker's Guide to The Galaxy series, but in this case, was a nod to a fan who went by that username online, and who had been interacting with the showrunners on the email newsgroup that was the sort of hub of the Transformers fandom at the time.

I think my favorite bit of the episode is where Scorponok is telling Megatron what happened to him with getting crushed, and he's just so traumatized about it and Megatron is just... not into being sympathetic and is more just... uncomfortable with Scorponok at that time.

• Like Like x 2
  5. janeDoe001

janeDoe001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What I like about this episode was that Optimus was like, "sure. Let's play this out." Trying to teach Megatron the consequences of reprogramming someone. :lol :

The final battle (DinoBot VS Scorpinok and Primal VS Megatron) were references to Raiders of the Lost Ark. (so I've been told).

jD001

Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Decepticon Miner

Decepticon Miner Banned

News Credits:
    Oh yeah I know who Shrapnel is! Also I was kind of surprised when they referenced G1 there. And I had no idea about those other references. Thanks for telling me!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Sixwing

Sixwing You have chosen poorly

I watched that episode last night, and than I dreamed that I was a a Predacon I think while I was sleeping. It was a good episode though.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Decepticon Miner

Decepticon Miner Banned

News Credits:
    Very sorry the blog hasn’t been updated recently. I’ve been very busy and I’m very dirtstacted by Bumblebee as I’m seeing an early screening tommorow. I will be posting another December 10th.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Sixwing

Cool. I don't know if I'm going to see Bumblebee in theaters though.

10. Decepticon Miner

Decepticon Miner Banned

News Credits:
    Wow, it has been awhile. Anyways posting my reaction to next episode tomorrow.

• Like Like x 1
  11. janeDoe001

News Credits:
    Next episode is Double Dinobot. *remembers episode and laughs evily*

jD001

• Like Like x 2
  12. Sixwing

Double Dinobot was interesting...

• Like Like x 1
  13. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Bounty Hunter

News Credits:
    A couple months back I watched the first episode of Beast Wars (it may have been the first two, actually), and sadly I couldn't really get into it. I've had many fans tell me it's amazing (even a handful of people I know in real-life), but it just hasn't grabbed me.

I don't mind the animation. Obviously it's very dated, but I can still get into something with dated animation, like Rogue Squadron. I really dislike the designs though. I find every one of them very unappealing. I wouldn't go as far as to say they're bad designs (because art is ultimately subjective), but they just don't work for me. As someone who is very design-oriented (possibly more than story or character oriented), this can make or break a show for me.

Another thing that bugs me is how most of the characters are just named after the animal they turn into. Cheetor, Rattrap, Rhinox, etc. I know some Transformers names have always been a bit corny (Bumblebee, Jazz), but the names were generally a bit more clever than "Trucker", "Jetbot", or "Radio-tron". I also don't like the excuse for why they have to use their alt-modes. I get that disguises are off the table because of the time-period, but the reason they give seems kind of contrived. I was shocked how much time they spent in their alternate modes, in comparison to other series'.

In a way Beast Wars almost seems like stepping into a different franchise. It's so vastly different from anything else I've seen in Transformers. Even the overall way the world operates just seems different. I find it hard to reconcile with anything else, if that makes sense. It took me a couple tries to get into Animated, so maybe it will happen with Beast Wars at some point. I hope it does, because the majority of opinions about it I've seen seem very positive. I've even managed to form a slight taste for the Bayverse (which I previously hated), so I would guess it will happen to me with Beast Wars at some point.

14. Decepticon Miner

Decepticon Miner Banned

News Credits:
    Agreed, I don’t mind the animation at all.

At least you tried it, sorry you didn’t get into it, it gets a lot more interesting later into season one, the first few episodes don’t go into much to be honest.

Yeah, the names are cheesy as hell, when I first watched it I was like “what?!” I mean what kind of god awful names were those? Like a cheeta is named Cheetor? Crazy as hell.

Agreed there, if the name Transforms was stripped off the title then it wouldn’t even be Transformers, it would just be “Beast Wars!” Though later on I heard G1 characters appear in the show.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Decepticon Miner

Decepticon Miner Banned

News Credits:
    Oh god, I keep forgetting to watch Double Dinobot....

• Like Like x 1
  16. Decepticon Miner

Decepticon Miner Banned

News Credits:
    Double Dinobot

My Rating: 7/10

My Thoughts:

- Overall a good episode, characters weren’t annoying or anything, Rattrap always expressing his distrust with Dinobot was annoying though, Rattrap is the only character I don’t like.

- That ending was pretty weird. Him eating the clone, burping, an awkward silence & then Primal saying “you’re disgusting.” Like what in the hell?!

- The whole “clone” thing was cool.

6A7FDAA3-DB96-4720-B3A2-BE73B16B2A7A.png

- It’s cool they focused on Dinobot & Megatron during the end of the episode.

- Rattrap legit almost actually died.

171875F3-0C89-4E8A-92F5-25EB7228FE80.png

- Primal, Cheetor get to Rattrap so quick yet they take so long to get back to the base.

- So the start of the episode looked like a lab monster was being created.

- Dinobot lost too easily to Terrorosaur, I feel like he could’ve put up more of a fight, he wasn’t that stupid.

• Like Like x 1
  17. janeDoe001

News Credits:
    Yeah, it was a pretty interesting filler episode.

The "lab monster" being created was like frankenstein. DinoBot eating the clone legitimately made me laugh out loud everytime I saw it as a kid, albeit a little disturbing if you thing about it. (cannibalism much?)

The fact that DinoBot tricked Megatron into walking into Sentinel's shield will never not be funny though. Megatron was so confident in his clone that he never even considered Terrorsaur's incompetence in phase 1.

jD001

• Like Like x 2
  18. Decepticon Miner

Decepticon Miner Banned

News Credits:
    Exactly, he burped his flesh out.

• Like Like x 1