2D Artwork: Transformers Beast Kindgom Art and Character thread.

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by kaijuguy19, Aug 18, 2019.

1. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Well after years of not doing anything on the site art wise since folding up Transformers Matrix I've finally got around doing it again but this time with a new series.

Reason I'm doing this is because over the years I've been looking and thinking back on my past work and I'm beginning to see that I didn't always thought things through. Some ideas tend to go from trying too hard or not hard enough. There was also the issue of me giving away too many story details in the bios that I could've kept secret. What didn't help was that I'm starting to get very burnt out with the many G1 content Hasbro's giving us nonstop so yeah I was starting to get a little bored about doing a lot of the same core characters I've done too. That being said I still had a good time doing them and I may revisit Matrix one day in the form of a reboot but for now I'm itching to do something new and what better way to do that then to do a series that's based around the TF era which I grew up with which is of course the Beast Era.

Here's a small teaser to what's to come.

Transformers Beast Kingdom Gallery page 2.png

I won't give much away since I'm still planning the overall story and characters so the comic itself will take a while due to other projects I have in mind. But what I can is that the animal theme here is Prehistoric Animals vs Mythical Creatures with the Prehistoric Animals represented by the Maximals while the Mythical Creatures are represented by the Predacons. I'll let you guys know when the comic's ready to launch but for now here's the bio for the Maximal Leader of the story.

Transformers Beast Kingdom T-Wrecks Beast mode.jpg Transformers Beast Kingdom T-Wrecks Robot mode.jpg

Name: T-Wrecks
    Role: Maximal Team Leader
    Alt mode: T-Rex
    Voice Actor: Jensen Ackles.
    Weapons: Rail cannon from tail arm,Axe, Missiles from thigh armor.

Bio: Fresh out of the Maximal Training grounds,T-Wrecks is out to prove his strength as team leader to the test against the violent forces of the Predacons and their leader who is proclaimed emperor of the kingdom they're fighting inside on. T-Wrecks also has a way to giving hope to his crew when things aren't looking good albeit without a few hurdles but let's face it what team/family doesn't have that going on? As such he's nicknamed Big Rex as a friendly way to honor him as both a leader and a friend.

That being said he isn't without his own fears. He of course has the fear of letting his team down or worse get them killed but he also worries about how the war he finds himself in will do to take a toll on him. Especially with the situation of him knowing too well who the Predaocn Emperor is....

Next one up is a Predacon which after that will be a Maximal. I'll rotate each faction member from time to time to keep things fresh.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Stonecrusher

Stonecrusher Just another Edgelord

News Credits:
    Oh this oughta be fun. Logo could use some work, though.

• Like Like x 1
  3. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    Thanks. I actually have a new logo in mind so when the comics starts you'll see it by then.

Anyway here's the Predacon leader of the story. One that's well known for those who watched Beast Wars Neo and/or read Beast Wars the Gathering.

Transformers Beast Kingdom Magmatron Robot Mode.jpg Transformers Beast Kingdom Magmatron Beast Mode.jpg

Name: Magmatron
    Role: Predacon Emperor and former Maximal General.
    Beast mode: Dinosaurian Chimera (Consisting of a Gigantosaurus,Pterosaur,and Elasmosaurus.)
    Voice Actor: Micheal Ironside
    Weapons: Bone sword,shield evoking the underside of an Elasmosaurus.head wings fold to form mask evoking the BW Megatron toy mask gimmick,can use Elasmosaurus head to attack enemies from behind. Breaths fire with all three heads in beast mode. Can use wings in robot mode to fly without having to be in beast mode all the time to do it. Has unusual healing effects.

Bio: A celebrated and effective general of the Maximal army,Magmatron has won countless battles for both his King and his planet Eukaris. His cunning and sharp wit has gained him advantages over his foes and give confidence to his fellow Maximals. His stern yet fair methods have made him a role model for any growing Maximal to look up to.

Which makes the shocking development of him being a twisted shell of himself and leading a new dangerous faction called Predacons all the more tragic.

No one knows he full story of why he came this way but if there's one thing one has noticed is that he seems to be afflicted from the side effects of a green oozes that made him and his Predacons more powerful but at the price of their sanity and health. Magmatron is the only one so far that isn't badly affected given he still retains his skills and smarts,but his view on life certainly has. Another disturbing side effect is that his original three beast modes that form up his robot mode from before have no fused together into a monster that has elements and traits of all three beast modes thus,making an already powerful warrior more horrifying to face against. Adopting a new mindset in life,Magmatron seeks to use the new oozes to make Eukaris see a better path for all of them,even if it means hurting others in the first place. It's leading quite a difficult challenge to one such as T-Wrecks who now has to face the bot that he used to look up too his whole life...

• Like Like x 2
  4. Honorbound

Honorbound Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    So, T-Wrecks has a few inspirations from various Megatrons - mostly BW Megatron (and T-Wrecks's Beast Machines self), but with DotM Megatron's battlemask. Just out of curiosity, where did the inspiration for his right arm's conversion come from?

As a side note, I think that T-Wrecks and Magmatron pull off the "former friends turned enemies" better than Optimus and Megatron. Magmatron doesn't have the brutal history that Megatron does, and you've made Magmatron someone who was actually admirable before the Angolmois infusion. At least, I'm assuming that it's Angolmois.

• Like Like x 1
  5. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    Yeah basically T-Wrecks takes elements from certain versions of Megatron to homage his repaint origins in Beast Machines. To answer your question on his right arm transformation it's taken straight from Studio Series Grimlock as a way to do a little update on how he transforms.

As for Magmatron I actually took some inspiration from his Maximal version from Beast Machine where he's also friends with T-Wrecks. So Beast Kingdom Magmatron is like a mixture of both his Maximal self in Beast Machines as well as his original Predacon version from Beast Wars Neo and Beast Wars the Gathering.

Speaking of Maximal here's the next Maximal of T-Wreck's team with a unique trait in her beast mode.

Transformers Beast Kingdom Strafe.jpg

Name: Strafe
    Role: Maximal Flier/espionage
    Beast Mode: Two headed Archaeopteryx
    Voice Actor: Dove Cameron
    Weapons: Twin sabers hidden in her wings. Crossbow,her twin beast heads further enhances her skills to sense her surroundings and strike first.

Bio: Her talent for espionage landing her a place among T-Wreck's team,Strafe is ready to prove herself against the rising forces of the Predacons who are alreayd putting through the test as a newly recruited young Maximal. Despite being more of the reserved,quiet type that likes to be alone often,Strafe is one of the friendliest Maximals you can meet,and one that can be quite a loyal friend to the end.

That being said she isn't without her own sort of problems.When she started out as a protoform,her native beast form ended up having two heads instead of the usual one head many Eukarian beast modes have. It's not an uncommon condition for most Eukarian beast modes to have more then one head or limb. Some even have their natural senses enhanced as a result. But for some like Strafe it ended up costing them another part of their biology. In Strafe's case it's her optics leaving her blind when she's in robot mode. Normally most robotic beings in the universe Cybertron is located at can just switch optics for a more operational one but Strafe's condition doesn't allow that without causing serious injury if not death. This understandably gave her frustrations and troubles in her first few years being operational but having a teacher that had the same blindness as she does helped her use her other senses to help her know where her surroundings are when she isn't in beast mode. This gained some new confidence and relief for her though not without some insecurities.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  6. Honorbound

Ebay:
    Thanks for the info on T-Wrecks's arm.

Just a quick question regarding Strafe - how does she fly if she can't see?

Edit: I thought of echolocation later on, but her bio doesn't say anything about it.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
  7. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    No problem. I like giving out trivia on my characters. :) 

As for Strafe she's actually only blind in robot mode. Her beast mode heads can see just fine. It's a detail I forgot to add in.

Anyway here's the Predacon Second in Command.

Transformers Beast Kingdom Vertebreak.jpg

Name: Vertebreak
    Role: Predacon SIC/Blacksmith
    Alt mode: Cyclops
    Voice Actor: Clancy Brown
    Weapons: Can ram foes with his horn and tusks in Cyclops mode and can fire an eye beam that drains most of his energy levels so he only uses it when needed. His hands in robot mode can transform into tools and weapons especially when he's making weapons in his forge. Carries a mace in both modes.

Bio: Hulking in both his beast and robot mode,Vertebreak makes known before fighting that he's not someone to take lightly. Expert in both forging weapons and using weapons on the battle makes him a dangerous Predacon to go up against. However what's the most surprising about him that despite very much a brawn he's also one of the brainier Preds given his skills in forgery and making effective battle plans thus making Magmatron fully entrusting him in the role of SIC and leading the troops when he's not able to.

This also makes him one of the more thoughtful Predacons as well though. He was one of the few that had concerns over the powers that he and his fellow Predacons was bestowed upon,and what didn't help was that he's starting to see them act in ways that he wasn't comfortable with. Which is why he's most relieved about his leader still retaining his sanity after the transformation. That is unless some incident changes everything for Vertebreak. but who knows what'll happen?

• Like Like x 2
  8. Honorbound

Ebay:
    So a Con 2IC that's not a backstabbing weasel, but who might turn against Magmatron if he goes downhill the way that TFP Megatron did. Works for me. The conversion scheme obviously draws on BWS1 Optimus Primal, which is one of only a handful of ways you can pull off going from biped to biped without resorting to molecular-level morphing (which I have no problem with, but many fans would).

By the way, have you considered some kind of program to clean up the patchy colored pencil colorings? Right now, it doesn't do your designs justice.

9. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    That's basically his role in a nutshell yes. When you see his fellow Predacon teammates you'll see why. As for his transformation that was my idea for him to begin with and it's like you said one of the more effective ways of achieving going from one humanoid mode to another in a way that doesn't cheat as much. Thankfully it's not the only one.

As for my coloring I have been messing around with MSN paint which is basically tracing my pencil pics and digitally coloring them which is what I did for my next entry in this thread. I may go back and do the same treatment for the others soon so that their details will shine better.

Transformers Beast Kingdom Dynotron.jpg

Name: Dynotron
    Role: Maximal Warrior
    Alt mode: Pachycephalosaurus
    Voice Actor: Sean Astin
    Weapons: Two pistols for short range combat, Saber hidden in tail. Tail converts into Bazooka for him to use in robot mode. In beast mode he rams foes with his head.

Bio: If you're looking for a warrior that can do the job well and aggressive,Dynotron's the bot to go to for that. Channeling his anger and passion into giving beat downs to any Predacons facing off against him,Dynotron can makes sure that any Pred will think twice into getting in his way.

While it does wonders for his line of work,it's the opposite case for his social life, Having a bull headed, and uncooperative personality makes him quite a difficult Maximal to be around with especially when trying to find common ground with him. This understandably gives T-Wrecks much frustration since not only does it make him being a leader hard but having one Maximal not helping out will risk giving trouble to everyone in the long run. Despite this,Dynotron also knows better then to argue with every orders his frustrated leader gives him so while he doesn't disobey orders,he also makes it clear that he prefers to be on his own and not be surrounded by bots he has no patience with. No one knows why he has such a personality and if he wasn't always like this what happened to make him quite a bitter Maximal? Only he knows and it may be a while before he opens up to people.

• Like Like x 1
  10. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    Since we're getting closer to the Halloween season I'd figured it's time to present the next Predacon of Beast Kingdom that's scary in more ways then one and has roots among he G1 Pretender Beasts.

Transformers Beast Kingdom Carnivac.jpg

Name: Carnivac
    Role: Predacon Warrior/Hunter
    Beast mode: Warg
    Voice Actor: Cripsen Freeman.
    Weapons: Can perform brutal hand to hand combat tactics,uses beast tail as a whip in both modes. his mask has increased his already high sensory for sight and hearing. Uses built in chain guns in shoulders.

Bio: Brutal and sadistic as they come,Carnivac deals punishing blows and suffering to any Maximal he fancies hunting down. The power he and the rest of his team were exposed to was able to make his already cunning hunting skills increase ten fold. In that regard he fully earned his place among Magmatron's Predacon hordes.

What he hasn't earned is basically moral respect. For while his warrior skills increased,so did his sadistic and cruel nature. He takes pleasure into dishing out torture among his victims such as savage,beatings,mind games,and overall making them wish they were never brought into life,leaving them broken,battered messes at the end. This pretty much repulsed a lot of his fellow Predacons who despite being twisted,still had some form of standards left. Vertebreak is especially critical of Carnivac's cruel personality,often calling him out on being a horrible mech. Carnivac doesn't care what others think since he knows that he's needed in the Predacon ranks to get results done and fast,which makes me among the most eager to carry out Magmatron's missions especially if they involve causing personal pain.

• Like Like x 2
  11. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    Been a while since the last entry but here's the latest Maximal to show who's also SIC.

Transformers Beast Kingdom Triceradon.jpg

Name: Triceradon
    Role: Second in Command
    Beast mode: Triceratops
    Voice Actor: Ed Helms
    Weapons: Carries a mini Bazooka inside his beast tail,deploys canons from horns on back. Also carries a Hetchet for close combat,and has strength to push away foes. Can use paralyzing reverse electro fields from his horns too. Uses grenades when needed.

Bio: Loyal,and brave as they can be,Triceradon's dedication to filling in the leadership role when it's needed,couldn't be anymore appreciated. His friendly nature also boosts morale and hope when things are looking down. What helps is that he was among T-Wreck's closest pals during their training so they know how to play off each other's strengths as well as cover their weakness.

If there's a flaw to Triceradon's overall goo record it's that he's not always the sharpest tool in the shed. While not a simpleton,Triceradon is often clumsy to his surroundings as well as not actually observe small important details that would make most other Maximals cautious. While not a deal breaker,this often causes frustrating problems that he,and his fellow Maximals have to get out of.

• Like Like x 2
  12. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    The next Predacon pretty gives both men and even girls such a heart throb and gives T-Wrecks such an "Interesting" time so to speak.

Transformers Beast Kingdom Coil.png

Name: Coil
    Role: Predacon spy and at times interrogator
    Beast Mode: Wyrm
    Voice Actor: Jennifer Hale
    Weapons: Carries a whip to both strike at enemies and grab objects she can't reach. Has hidden daggers to stab if needed to. Also her body is extremely flexible which helps her spy missions in both robot and beast mode. In beast mode she has venom that can put one in stasis lock when bitten,and can fire poison fumes from mouth.

Bio: Giving the term looks can kill to a new level,Coil often uses her charm and beauty to get out of tight situations or sometimes tricks bots into doing what she wants during her spy missions. Effective in hr craft into breaking in and out with her other already deadly tactics,Magmatron considers her to be among his most trustworthy Predacon soldiers next to Vertebreak. So it's no surprise that Coil herself prides herself into messing with people's aroused emotions regardless of any gender to her own whim since she sees it as her way of telling everyone that she has control.

However that isn't entirely true. While the power she was endowed gave her amazing powers,there's implications that before hand she was dealt with a bad hand in life and that she tries hard not to go back to that life. There's also the fact that even though she loves messing with the Maximal's emotions romance,wise she has a soft spot for T-Wrecks who she feels like she has more in common with him then either of them thought. So while she still doesn't hold Maximals in high regard,she does respect the Maximal Leader for now at least.

• Like Like x 3
  13. TGping

TGping Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is great work! Can’t wait for the comic :D 

• Like Like x 1
  14. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    Thanks man. :)  Glad you're enjoying what you're seeing.

For the fifth and final major Maximal to reveal for now (Don't worry I got PLENTY more Maximals to show you guys after revealing the major remaining Predacons in the future.) I give you a well known baddie of Cybertron/Galaxy force that while now a Maximal still isn't a nice guy to be around.

Transformers Beast Kingdom Undermine.jpg

Name: Undermine
    Role: Underwater striker and twisted mentor of some sorts.
    Beast mode: Spinosaurus
    Voice Actor: Bill Chott (Nessie Voice from the CN Minisode short Paranormal Roommates)
    Weapons: Right arm acts a whip and a flaying mace but can convert into a normal arm. Left arm uses beast mode's chomps and bites to deal damage. Can deply the beast arms to act as extra arms in robot mode. Uses daggers from inside tail if needed. Left arm's beast head can fire missles.

Bio: When the Maximal nation on Eukaris was founded by it's first ruler Maxima,her first few codes to implement for future generations of Maximals to always be selfless,brave,and compassionate t those around you even to enemies. Sadly not every Maximal follows this much important code. Whatever reason why certain Maximals disregard it can vary from one to another it's a sad fact that what Maxima sought to give to her nation isn't always followed. Undermine is among the more infamous examples of this. Cunning,resentful,and with a twisted sense of humor,he quickly made a name for himself for smuggling stolen and illegal items from the nation to the other nations of Eukaris,and off world even to the point of being Magmatron's arch Nemesis which lasted for years to use an Earth term. Being a known survivalist and realist also help him out of jams but also made him not very well liked even by his fellow pirates.

Which is why when he was found on the unknown island by T-Wreck's team he wasn't at all trusted at least fully because of his reputation and past dealings with Magmatron. Undermine likewise doesn't have that much nicer feelings towards them especially to T-Wrecks who he felt sickened to see his hated nemesis's fanboy here. However both sides know that they need to work together to figure out what's going on whatever they like it or not. Undermine also seems to be knowing more then he let on when it comes to how the Predacons came to be especially with why Magmatron came to be but he doesn't talk about it. Either he's playing a sick game with them or that the last time they faced off against each other left Undermine changed despite him acting like he hasn't changed at all.

• Like Like x 3
  15. TGping

TGping Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Great bio and design for undermine, as a spinosaurus is he a bit bigger than the basic he was in Cybertron?

• Like Like x 1
  16. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    Oh yeah a LOT bigger then he was in Cybertron. Thanks too.

17. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    For the next Predacon on the list here's one that was a Decepticon from RID15 having a knack for shiny things so here she is with a beast mode famous for taking away shiny things.

Transformers Beast Kingdom Filch.jpg

Name: Filch
    Role: Predacon Chemist and Aerial attacker
    Beast mode: Harpy
    Voice Actor: Grey Griffin (Magpie voice from Beware the Batman)
    Weapons: Talons in both modes can deal damage, Fires of daggers from wings in beast mode. Carries toxins and dangerous chemicals to deal damage to the Maximals.

Bio: Flying through the air cackling like a witch,Filch swoops down on any Maximal enemy to strike fear and damage to their sparks. Making her equally dangerous is her skills of devising chemicals to further throw off any potential assault to her and her fellow Predacons in an instance. She is also among Magmatron's more loyal subjects and will not hesitate to make sure his rule is law. Thus when Magmatron calls for her aide in bio warfare he knows he can get the best results.

Though despite her increased talents of chemistry and flight fighting,her mental state is to be question. For she has developed a rather questionable hobby of collecting things regardless if they have any value or not as long as she finds them interesting she'll grab it. This may be due to her hobby as a Maximal of collecting odd items that while weird,wasn't anything to be concerned about. but now as a Predacon however that's an altogether different story. She gets possessive of her items to the point of attacking anyone who so much as even glances at her horde. What doesn't help that her personalty also developed more of a twisted sense of morality such as wanting there to be manners yet uses violent methods to enforcing it with claw marks. Or if one must be truthful she threatens liars by ripping out their vocal cords. It's because of those unsettling qualities of Filch is why most Predacons are thankful that she isn't second in command because woe be to any Predacon or anyone for that matter who dare places themselves on Filch's torture list.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Artork312

Artork312 The Robo-Chuvak

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    *furries incoming in 5, 4, 3..*

• Like Like x 1
  19. Nemesis Scar

Nemesis Scar Behind Blue Eyes

Tumblr:
    I think Kaiju's always been upfront about that aspect of himself lol.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Artork312

Artork312 The Robo-Chuvak

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Y'know what time it is? April Fool's time.

• Like Like x 1