Transformers: Battle Tactics

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by BEN182TX, Dec 29, 2014.

1. Atomatron

Atomatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    great video, but you have SR Prime and Superion didnt roll Earthquake every round, yes if he picks off your bots one by one i see it can be done, but 3 earthquake rolls usually enough to defeat most teams and I cant muster 350 attack in 3 rounds with 4-3-2 bots unless i have the most brilliant rolls!

replace SR Prime with Thundercracker and record a video then with Superion rolling only earthquakes :p 

still an overall great concept in approach!

i may have to mix and match con/bot characters now ...

2. TheSpacebridge

TheSpacebridge The Spacebridge

News Credits:
    If I keep Jetfire in Jetmode it evades many Superion quakes, worth remembering

Cheers
    Hitch

3. Atomatron

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    do you have a second evade member with evade mode "active" on the team with this Jetfire?

4. dutt7

dutt7 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I've seen no benefit using two boys with team evade, anyone see otherwise?

5. dutt7

dutt7 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Just faced someone with 4 jackpots, another long 2.5 hr wait.

6. vm-01

vm-01 Well-Known Member

I faced Superion once and I don't know if it was luck but my jet mode bots took very little damage from earthquake. But that 61 point attack he has is murder!

7. Natephoenix

Natephoenix DoodleBot

Ebay:
    Just logged in today, didn't realise an event was on!

The league I was with had kicked me. We worked really well together in the menasor event, communicated well...Feel a bit betrayed to be honest.

Joined a random league now, just improved their rank from 3000odd up to 1000odd. Seem to be the only one playing. Guessing they're American and still asleep or at work or whatever.

EDIT: Also, two more levels to go on Off road before Max level. Just need to recruit and level Dragstrip now and I'll finally have a combiner!

8. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    If it was my league I am sorry ( I don't know screen names and stuff like that) , I had a guy that was inactive for almost the time it was since the last event and I wasn't going to wait 2 days into an event to see if they were going to play.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2015
  9. knightmare6

knightmare6 Reflector In Disguise

Ebay:
    Some people mentioned a while back that the game will drop you ranks if you lose enough matches, so maybe people are losing matches deliberately to get lower ranks for easier points, items, and scores? I'm in the same boat as you, most PvP matches I have I'm fighting Menasors, Centuritrons, and other high-rank characters…

10. Teratron

Teratron Kaiser Dragon

The game seems to make PVP matches based on your PVP score, not your progression rank. Your score goes up every time you win and down every time you lose. Your rank only goes up each time you win an advancement series, and then never goes back down again.

Because of that, it's entirely possible to have people who have a high rank (and access to the powerful bots granted by that rank), but low PVP score. That could be due to poor strategy, poor luck, or throwing together a weak team and intentionally losing a lot. However it occurs, that can result in getting matched up against teams that are just completely out of your league, where you really have no shot at winning.

I guess that isn't all bad in and of itself. The part I dislike about it is that in order to progress in rank enough to get bots powerful enough to compete, you first have to go through advancement series. Those prioritize PVP matchups using the usual preferences. So it's entirely possible to be required to beat teams you have no hope of beating in order to be allowed to create teams powerful enough to compete. That can get ugly quick.

Of course, you might also get pushover opponents. My last two or three advancement series have been entirely against bot teams. Just luck of the draw.

11. Jacer

Jacer Find Kill Cleanse Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Yeah me too....

12. Oblagon

Oblagon Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Anyone need a dude? I'm in a league now but I carried the weight on the last event [140k points vs 20k and 2 guys with less than that], and I'd rather switch out now before pushing with guys I know who can throw in this weekend. I got about 100 energon ready to go.

I won't be able to jump on until tonight [PST] I'm in game as Oblagon.

13. Natephoenix

Natephoenix DoodleBot

Ebay:
    Appreciated, though it's most likely not you. I use this screen name everywhere, so I'm sure you'd have recognised it if it were. :) 

14. Hothouse Prime

Hothouse Prime Not old... Just older.

A little help if possible...

In a couple of my matches today I've run across a Blue/white/red seeker with Thrust-like wings. He has a pretty decent Multistrike. Any idea on who he is? Was he a pay-for character?

15. Atomatron

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nacelle and yes he was a limited bridge character

Nacelle - Transformers - TFW2005

16. knightmare6

knightmare6 Reflector In Disguise

Ebay:
    On the plus side, Mobage is at least willing to give out gold coins as compensation… I had two complaints, so they gave me 350 gold pieces, on top of the previous 100 from last week...

17. JRX

JRX Well-Known Member

I think it's just that people play bot battles and level up that way. Given the cool down time after dying it's not worth it to play pvp. So yeah I'm elite 3 and have springer now. It would be just as unfair to pair me against a guy using power glide as it is putting me against guys with obviously paid for characters.

18. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Ugh. Playing in the event has been especially brutal this time around. Wasn't doing bad prior to the event in PVP...but I haven't won hardly any rounds. My score went from being near 1500 to below 1300 rapidly. The only reason I'm even putting up with the humiliation is because I got Off-Road for free off the last event and I'd like to try to get another cool character I don't have after this one.

19. HeroicC300

HeroicC300 Chats with Artists

News Credits:
    Well me and my league are in the 1800/1900s.

Also faced a team with a SR Optimus and I WON. Mainly because I got close to best roll, had higher first strike and targeted him FIRST.

Currently I have Whirl in place of Dead End. Quick question: should I swap him out with Scourge or leave Whirl in there and suck up the +1dmg loss?

20. Atomatron

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i literally cant even anymore goodbye sir