Transformers: Battle Tactics

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by BEN182TX, Dec 29, 2014.

1. ABH1979

ABH1979 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

Sorry to hear it, but I'm loving Menasor. He's a damn tank.

2. Dinobot Slug

Dinobot Slug Dinobot

News Credits:
    I am god damn excited to build Menasor!

3. Geodevol

Geodevol Well-Known Member

Dont get me wrong Menasor is not useless, but is not an upgrade to two Blitzs or a Blitz and Springer in my opinion.

4. bob31415

bob31415 Autobot

Ah, the irony of having 1000+ cybermetal, ~600 transmetal, and no way to use it . . .

I remember the days when I didn't have enough, lol.

5. ABH1979

ABH1979 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

I have him paired up with a Blitz and ThunderCracker, but I have not PVP'd with him yet, so maybe my opinion will change...

6. bob31415

bob31415 Autobot

Was facing the bot team of barricade, Chromedome, armada starscream, and drag strip; Chromedome got his hotshot off on my whirl, took out the barricade, etc.

Then, round 2 banner comes up, and I see a 22 dmg dot on my jetfire. He was only affected that one round, and I still won, but I can see that glitch being a problem of rme if it comes up again.

Anyone else had something like that?

7. bob31415

bob31415 Autobot

Nvm, faced same team, dragstrip attacked my astrotrain with 16, no dmg, just the animation, then when the round passes the dmg is received. Weird.

8. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

Well I have Menasor now. I'm still waiting for Dena to resolve my issue, but here's what I think happened: I had almost all of the stunticons in my three teams somewhere when I tried to recruit Menasor. I think having them active is what caused the glitch. I re recruited the missing Stunticons and then bought more gold to level them up again. This time I made sure none of the Stunticons were in a team when I recruited Menasor, which went without a hitch. So apparently if you're going to recruit Menasor just make sure none of the stunticons are active when you do it. Still want to get the missing gold from Dena, but I can always resolve that with them later.

EDIT: Just levelled him up and paired him with maxed Astrotrain and Scourge and that is dominating! Max level optic blast does 20 damage to every enemy. Also, I can't help feeling like this game knows which cores you need and gives you every other core EXCEPT the one you need. I've got ridiculous amounts of just about everything, but I need three more support cores to recruit the next character. Out of several battles the last couple days, nothing. Not a one. Got plenty of others though.

9. 00raiser956

00raiser956 Galaxy Convoy

Ebay:
    I fought that team! I lost bad I only managed to take down Chromedome and no luck getting a core :( 

10. Atomatron

Atomatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    just faced menasor in pvp and got smashed.... need to figure out a better tactic, drawfire just did me in, i didnt have jam on... sigh

11. Dolf

Dolf New England Transformers Collectors Group member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Generally opinion -- do people:

A) Recruit every bot in every tier, keeping all bots even though they don't use em.

B) Recruit every bot in every tier (to get the drop cube unlock), then selling the un-leveled characters they don't use.

C) Skip recruiting bots they don't need (to save resources) even though it means not "unlocking" the cube for a particular tier.

I'm personally just entering Guard 2 Tier and don't really need the characters of that level, but want to get the cube -- not sure if it's worth wasting resources or saving them for later (for other characters down the road)

12. Atomatron

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    me- B)

so i will soon recruit Cyclonus and Chromedome though unlikely to use either...

13. PA_Kid

PA_Kid Well-Known Member

Let's be honest here - both of our current combiners are mid-range side-grades for their respective rarity levels.

What that means is:
    • If you don't have 4 decent bots of that level, they are an upgrade
    • If you do have 4 decent bots of that level, there can be scenarios would it's still a strong build
    • If you have 2 really strong bots of that rarity (but not 3-4), it can be an upgrade
    • If you have 4 really strong bots of that rarity, it's going to be a downgrade in most situations

So if you only have 1 Blitzwing and like a Jetfire 2 or Thundercracker - pairing with Menasor is an upgrade.

If you have 2 blitzwings and some other SR bots, he's probably a side-grade or good for specific play styles or specific metagame.

If you have 4 SR Optimus, 4 Slipstream, or 4 Armada Megatrons then he's probably going a downgrade for your A-Team.

I do "A". The sell price is so little and there is no storage cap so I just keep them.

14. HeroicC300

HeroicC300 Chats with Artists

News Credits:
    So, once we get a big update for the wave 3 guys, here's my idea for Magnus:

Ultra Magnus (lvl4 'bot) requires Magnus cores.
    Base damage 14/16/17/22/Multi-12 Robot, 12/13/15/20/22 Team Armor Buff 5 vehicle
    Final level 18/20/Remaining are Multi-16 Robot, 15/16/20/24/28 vehicle

No idea for HP, but does it seem balanced?

15. TheSupernova

TheSupernova Out there. Thataway.

News Credits:
    I started off at A) for the first couple of tiers, but then went straight to C).

Are the drops for completing a tier's worth of characters actually worth it the higher you go?

16. Atomatron

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    a 3rd squad of Barricade, Motormaster, Astrotrain and Jetfire (or technically Runamuck/Doubledealer either) doesnt sound so bad does it?

ok the answer is in pvp it sucks lol

17. JRX

JRX Well-Known Member

Yeah once you get close to elite level it is best to save resources. I'm focused on double dealer blitz springer brainstorm armada megs. I would need a lot more resources to recruit all the others. These guys will drain your hunter scout support soldier cores quickly especially if you don't pay for stuff.

18. bob31415

bob31415 Autobot

Lol, just faced a guy with a team way stronger than mine; max blitz x2, springer, and slipstream; guy doesn't take me out in the first round, the max health of one of my guys was 17, I click fight, determined to go out in style, and I win!

19. Depthcharge

Depthcharge Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just started a new league called TFW2005 Wreckers. Min tier of Elite 1. Come help me kick butt!

20. bob31415

bob31415 Autobot

Should I aim for exclusive skywarp or jf ii?