Transformers: Battle Tactics

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by BEN182TX, Dec 29, 2014.

1. EMP Starscream

EMP Starscream Arbiter of TFW2K5

News Credits:
    About 35 or so from what I remember.

2. MultiTazker

MultiTazker Decepticon

New guy here! It was a fun event but after getting lucky and getting 100 energon jackpot I only get 2 Rewind cores? Is that normal?

3. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm starting to think so. I took part in countless battles, and I only have two Rewind Cores to show for it too =/

If we're really going to lose these, that sucks! I fought him quite a bit and he almost never dropped any cores!

4. AutobotMirage

AutobotMirage Wrecker

News Credits:
    Anybody got a league I could join?

5. bullettrain

bullettrain Master Investigator

News Credits:
    Mine's called Precipice.

Just me for the moment, but I got within top 7500 in 3 days, so you're more than welcome to join.

6. Crosshair

Crosshair Well-Known Member

I just joined the TFW2005 Stunticons group, hopefully that's actually a few of you guys :)  My username is shill2801.

7. TheSupernova

TheSupernova Out there. Thataway.

News Credits:
    Team BSJ did quite well in the event, ranking in the high 500's (I wish I had taken better note of it at the time), so we comfortably exceeded our goal of getting the Stunticons. Great work all around by the team!

I traded in my 31 event cores and would up with 10 Exclusives, 10 Power Tokens and 25 Transmetals in exchange. Not too shabby. I'm close to finally being able to snag my first "regular" Exclusive character (debating between Whirl and Astrotrain).

Been juggling my teams around now that I have the Stunticons (minus Dragstrip as I'm not at that rank yet), and trying to see what fits best. For now, I'm running with Motormaster, Firefly, Powerglide, and Dead End in order to maximize my First Strike capabilities.

8. Dinobot Slug

Dinobot Slug Dinobot

News Credits:
    This event has been great.Not only did I trade in my 43 event cores for 10 exclusive cores which allowed me to get my first 30 core bot,Astrotrain,the event rewards are great on their own!My current team of Offroad,Motormaster,Dead End and Dragstrip haven't been beaten.The weakest link is Breakdown,though.45 hp is definitely not enough.

9. Dolf

Dolf New England Transformers Collectors Group member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Same here, turned in 34 event cores and got something like 50 transmetals and 10 scout cores

Event eventually gave me enough exclusives and I am training Astrotrain now as well.

Hoping he slots in nicely next to Motormaster, Dead End and Offroad.

10. combaticonsfrvr

combaticonsfrvr Lusus Naturae

I got 9 soldier, 9 support, and 9 springer cores for the exclusive core exchange

11. Darkhawk79

Darkhawk79 TFWM SUCK!!!!!

News Credits:
    Running with the group of Whirl/Sandstorm/Astrotrain/Starscream-2 to earn coins to upgrade the Stunticons....still need Dragstrip to form Menasor but he's in my next level up so not worried too much about it.

12. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    How many exclusive cores did you exchange to get that?

13. harveydent

harveydent Unknown Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Both Whirl and Astrotrain are great for firststriking.

14. Geodevol

Geodevol Well-Known Member

Did very well with the drops and exchanges as I got 30 powertokens and a bunch of other odds and ends. I thought they were very generous this event, I am curious if they will start tightening it up.

15. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    Event aside, I really enjoy this game. I don't mind how long it takes to unlock cores and stuff at all, it's the exchange for not paying to play. If everything was easy to get in this game, I'd probably be tired of it in a week.

As for the event. Man, that last 24 hours was stressful for me. My team was on the verge of falling out of the top 1000 many times. They worked hard to rebound, so we got all the Menasor parts we needed, so YAY US! That said, I'll probably not be so gung ho next event to make the top prizes, I'll just probably just try to get event specific character cores. To be honest I probably would have rather had Rewind than Menasor. And I know there is no guarantee for Rewind, but still.

Right now, I think I'm at Warrior 4 with my team being Whirl, Sky Shadow, Sandstorm, and Astrotrain. The multi-strike weapons are cool for me right now. I'm digging them. So we'll see how it goes next time.

I ended up getting a lot of Power Tokens and ended up with two Thundercraker and two Slipstream cores.

16. Atomatron

Atomatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    to get a second Thundercracker or not.... i am kinda digging him right now...

and i could see him getting a spot replacing Barricade on my decepticon squad...

hmmm

even if i got Armada or Chromedome core (singular each) I dont think I would use either (maybe on a C squad)

Thoughts on Acid Storm too? (also only needing one more core)

17. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Would those exchanging their event cores for regular cores via the event space bridge exchange, mind explaining how many cores they used along with what they got?

I'm still debating whether to exchange what I got and take my chances with it or just getting Over-Run. He's not someone I wanted. Like many others, I wanted rewind too--8 cores too short:(  But I'd rather have Over-Run than a bunch of Cybermetals and Cybercoins...

18. Necrotitan

Necrotitan Active Member

I'm thinking the same thing too but the resource drain is what's holding me back. I'd say after the update, T3 Whirl and T4Thundercracker became very useful especially TC. 76HP with FS/MS abilities turned him into a new Blitzwing.

19. Teratron

Teratron Kaiser Dragon

Anybody have an open spot in their league? I joined a random one with a leader who never participated. The other two did chip in about 30k points each, but otherwise I carried it through. Ended up having to spend $5 for an Energon lottery, and finished with ~120k points. I probably won't typically go that high, since I'd rather not do 3-Energon fights every time and don't plan to buy any more gold, but I expect I'd chip in around 20-25k points per day.

I exchanged 43 Event Cores. Got 83 Transmetal and 16 Hunter Cores. Wish I'd bought Over-Run now, even though I'd never use him.

20. bob31415

bob31415 Autobot

Honestly, Chromedome doesn't seem terribly great, maybe like you said on a C team. Armada Megs has a lot of potential on a strong ms team, built to withstand fs, maybe paired with slip or Bw.

Acid storm is trumped by jf ii, at least in my opinion. I'd only use him if I had no one better.

Any thoughts on menasor + strong ms (maybe 2x slip/blitz, armada?) + drawfire?