Transformers: Battle Tactics

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by BEN182TX, Dec 29, 2014.

1. col

col Artobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's official, they're shutting the game down. One last big finale event from March to May then that's it.

2. Pavol Palat

Pavol Palat Palatinus

News Credits:
    Just read the news. Well, I still think uninstalling the game was one of my last year's best decisions. Admittedly, I had fun with it in the beginning, it had potential, but the constant bugs, BS space bridge and repetitivness ruined it for me. Judging by the decline of traffic in this thread made me believe I was not the only one.

I actually re-installed the game once later on, to spend the remaining gold only to witness the same crap coming out of space bridge (so much for Wheeljack's promise of character cores). And then I re-installed it recently to see if the 70 napalm Prowl was real :) 
    Turned out to be real, my team of FoC Grimlocks, FoC Magnus was killed so fast it was funny and I immediately thought the game was dying and Mobalord wanted to suck out last few pennies from people willing to fight for rewards or foolish enough to try space bridge. Yet I was thinking DeNA would announce the fall at least two months in advance. Nope, two weeks before pulling the plug is fine. What coincidence that the overpowered characters appeared just so recently.

3. Darkhawk79

Darkhawk79 TFWM SUCK!!!!!

News Credits:
    So....I've never played a game that goes under like this so I have to ask, once the game is shut down are you still able to play against bots and not get drops or anything or is the app just dead and can be taken away? I've got over 400 energon that I've had for months and just never did anything with

4. octibon

octibon Well-Known Member

The servers and all game data will be deleted once the game finally ends for good. Some people are saying they've gotten some partial refunds for past purchases from Google by emailing them and saying that DeNA was purposefully being deceitful as to how long the game would last despite plenty of questions and back and forth from game staff on their forums in the past month. Not to mention, they introduced super powered bots in the last four events to encourage people to spend more.

Not saying I necessarily agree/disagree with refund requests, but just knowledge for you all.

5. Darkhawk79

Darkhawk79 TFWM SUCK!!!!!

News Credits:
    Might try this....hate that it'll shut down completely and that you couldn't just play random bot teams as my son likes to mess around the game but oh well.....knew this was coming since they cut out stronghold that's why I haven't played it in months

6. baconbeast

baconbeast Avid TFBT player

All good things must come to an end.

I have thoroughly enjoyed TFBT and the online friendships (including here in TFW2005) and rivalries that comes with league play and lament like the rest of you on how DeNA has seriously mismanaged it.

All the best to everyone in this thread and who plays TFBT!

7. Horzzo

Horzzo Well-Known Member

Well crap. I was just getting into it. I guess I'll have to find another game to start that will soon be closing. I like these quick play games on break at work or while waiting for something.

8. Autobot Hound

Autobot Hound Combaticon

News Credits:
    You too. Thanks for the help back when I was a newbie. :) 

9. Harbinger

Harbinger ecnayonnA

Thankfully I stopped spending when I took a shot at wingblade and didnt get her. My playing interest has been dropping since the last stronghold event. But soon it will be fun to play again for a short while.

Much like the closing of legends, getting bots should be super easy, and if they are kind, the resources and cores needed to get and upgrade should be near non existent.

As to getting money back? I wouldn't try it. It may suck, but they didn't pull the same cash grab as they did to us g.I.Joe battlegrounds players. Not sure if they did a cash grab to legends though.

I thought those new bots where stupidity over powered. Now those bots will be the easiest ones to get.

10. baconbeast

There have been several confirmed cases in the QS leagues of people who got refunds via Google Play or iTunes - but usually limited to anything spent January 2016 to present. You can claim DeNA knew the game was ending but continued to promote spending via power creep, etc.

Results are mixed (e.g., some people get refunds, other don't) but worth a try especially if you spent anything recently on TFBT.

11. wolfx

wolfx Well-Known Member

DeNA seems to be sunsetting games. Are they closing down? Their TF license expiring?

Don't understand their business model.

Not saying i'm sad or anything. I actually stopped last year when the rewards became stupidly unattainable. But it was fun while it lasted.

12. Sa173533

Sa173533 Well-Known Member

13. Sideswipe1954

Sideswipe1954 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hope there will be a use for the leftover gold, as I have roughly 300 left in gold after my gold card expires tomorrow

14. Arvegtor

Arvegtor Aerialbot

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    My results after using 20 tokens don't seem to be bad.
    R5: Ultra Magnus (FOC), Fireflight (FOC), Megatron (WFC) x2, Soundwave (FOC), Slog (FOC), Thundercracker, Vortex (FOC), Starscream, Impactor (FOC)
    R4: Bumblebee (WFC) x5, Strafe (FOC), Snarl (FOC) x2, Skywarp, Whirl (FOC)

15. Sideswipe1954

News Credits:
    I have yet to log in. It keeps saying updating

16. baconbeast

You can also get both Ruination and FOC Bruticus combiners using the matrix tokens :) 

17. Arvegtor

Arvegtor Aerialbot

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    Does anyone know if Fisitron or Ramjet are obtainable during this part of event?

18. Sideswipe1954

News Credits:
    I think Amazon has shut it down for Kindle users as I'm still not able to login

19. baconbeast

Sorry to hear about that Sideswipe.

Arvegtor, haven't seen either Fisitron or Ramjet pulled from the space bridge so doesn't look like they are available this week (as the event's theme changes every week).

20. GiganGoji

GiganGoji Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Never thought I'd hear myself say "ugh, I have no use for 5 Ruinations..."