Transformers: Battle Tactics

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by BEN182TX, Dec 29, 2014.

1. Sa173533

Sa173533 Well-Known Member

2. Sa173533

3. Autobot Hound

Autobot Hound Combaticon

News Credits:
    Wow. Don't waste time/money on the Space Bridge. I went ahead and used up almost 900 gold trying to get something worthwhile, since I was waiting for a FoC Combaticons event and decided to just go for it all. With 250 gold I tried the 3X rate energon and cores drop twice in a row. I got: *drum roll*: 6 energon each time. Then I tried the 500 gold drop- with 6X rates and even better success, it said. My grand prize for that huge amount of gold that takes weeks to get? Yet another haul of: 6 energon. So a /massive/ amount of gold went to get me basically the same amount of energon I get for free every half an hour. Three times in a row.

Absolute ripoff. Is there any point in lodging a complaint? That 6X rate was no more than the 3X one.

4. combaticonsfrvr

combaticonsfrvr Lusus Naturae

I was really excited to play. it looked like this event might be fun.

I opened the app and it doubled in size and forced me to uninstall some stuff from my phone just to get it (the phone) kind of working again.

5. Autobot Hound

Autobot Hound Combaticon

News Credits:
    And now I'm not even getting that? I had 0 energon, waited half an hour to get 5 again- I got 1/5. Has dena changed the rules again and made it even more cruddy to play this game? WTF is going on? Why did I not receive the usual 5 energon?

6. Sa173533

Thirty minutes giving you 1 Energon was there when the game started and it's still here today. If you want 5 Energon, you either have to wait 2 and a half hours for you to gain all 5 Energon or waste 25 Gold for 5 Energon.

7. Autobot Hound

Autobot Hound Combaticon

News Credits:
    I thought it was 5 energon? I guess I got lucky before or... something. Not sure why that seemed to happen before.

8. combaticonsfrvr

Judging by our usernames/ titles, it's mostly Combaticons fans trying to play the game right now lol.

9. Autobot Hound

Autobot Hound Combaticon

News Credits:
    LOl, yes. I wouldn't be trying this hard if it wasn't Combaticons, but I've been hoping for some updated Combaticons for awhile now. Unfortunately despite the fact that my league is trying hard and some are scoring pretty high, we're still not high enough to actually get any bots from this. No matter how much you play it seems if you don't want to pour tons of real money into the game and the space bridge and pay real money to get lots more energon there's no way to get the prize bots.

I really want Blast Off and I have... 4 cores? Out of 50 needed? I still have 10 Prowl cores out of 50 needed and then never saw him again- there's no way to realistically get that many, from what I can tell? Yeah, I'm going to try one last time because it's the event I waited for- then may finally quit, don't know. I'll have to see how my league does.

10. JJohnson

JJohnson Well-Known Member

Is this only Android/iOS, or is it also available for Windows yet?

11. baconbeast

baconbeast Avid TFBT player

Officially just Android and iOS. Not sure if it will run on Bluestacks though - which would technically allow you to play it on a PC ergo Windows :) 

12. combaticonsfrvr

Any leagues with an open spot in the top 100?

13. Sa173533

Event Update: 1/13!

Here's the next event. It's an Energon event. In a surprising turn of events, not only is Prowl (CW) getting missions in the next event, the Top 30 leagues now get both Scorponok and Skyburst instead of the Top 20 leagues, a step in the right direction for many players of the game.

14. baconbeast

Thanks Sa173533... appreciate you consistently sharing the event details here.

I realize the traffic in this part of the forums has dropped off dramatically... but glad you're keeping things going.

15. Sa173533

You're welcome.

16. Praxus07

Praxus07 Well-Known Member

The tiny change to the reward structure is too little, too late IMHO. The devs screw the players repeatedly then make one meaningless concession and get praised for it.

17. bob31415

bob31415 Autobot

To anyone looking for a league, mine currently has an open spot; last I checked 15 mins ago, we were ranked 99th. We could really use one more player to get us up there - pm me if you're interested!

And on a side note, please notify me if you will be staying more permanently or just for this event. We might have made top 55 last event if it wasn't for league hoppers, so if you do plan on staying, please be loyal, or at least stay to the end of the event!

On the state of the game, I'm really somewhat surprised it hasn't been shut down by now. The forum mod over on the dena forums literally ignores any important requests or inquiries and replies to people whose energon ff isn't working -_- there are balancing issues, huge power gaps between bots, glitches present since the start of the game that haven't been fixed, the reward system is trash (no solo rewards worth competing for), missions are a joke, tactics are nonexistent, values for gold packs and energon keep changing (for the worse - easily inferred if you can do 2nd grade math), pvp is a boiling cauldron of fs, magic targeting, and luck, stronghold and mini events, the best events, are gone, and dena still seems to think everything they've done is a "step forward."

I'm wondering how long everyone over at dena was held back in school. It really shows.

18. sparkimusprime

sparkimusprime Coffee+Black=Delicious

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    What's league play like? Been playing solo, and it's a pain grinding to get bots worth a damn.

19. baconbeast

Well said bob31415! Really sad to see / know so many players who have stopped playing as DeNA continuously mishandles the game :banghead: 

I encourage you to eventually join a league sparkimusprime.

What level are you now? Normally, its recommended to work up to Guard (gold symbols) or Warrior (green symbols) before you compete in the events with a league for greater rewards (compared to solo play).

If you're lucky enough, you may be able to find a Top 300 league willing to let you join and grow with them. Most of the Top 95 leagues or higher are filled with Command (pink symbol) players who have been at this longer and the Top 30 are mostly paying players - some reportedly spending $100 per week!

Good luck!

20. sparkimusprime

sparkimusprime Coffee+Black=Delicious

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    I'm halfway through elite 5. My top bots are a maxed TM Rattrap, Menasor, Tigatron, Gen Starscream, FoC Swindle, Starscream G2, and Vortex. I'm just a few beta cores away from Fisitron or Transmutate. And if I can ever get 5 more Onslaught cores I can complete Bruticus.