Transformers: Battle Tactics

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by BEN182TX, Dec 29, 2014.

1. Spyne98

Spyne98 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Does anyone have an open league spot? More than half of my league hasn't been on in months. I mean there's a lot wrong with the rewards, but I'd like a shot at getting something with a strong league.

2. Sa173533

Sa173533 Well-Known Member

After saving up ten event drop tokens, I decided to redeem them in this event. Here are the results of my drops.

-Drop 1: 30 Energon
    -Drop 2: 4 Power Tokens
    -Drop 3: 2 Topspin [FOC] Cores
    -Drop 4: 4 Power Tokens
    -Drop 5: 2 Topspin [FOC] Cores
    -Drop 6: 2 Power Tokens
    -Drop 7: 30 Gold (pretty nice drop, if you ask me)
    -Drop 8: 4 Topspin [FOC] Cores
    -Drop 9: 15 Gold (another nice drop)
    -Drop 10: 4 Topspin [FOC] Cores

So, in total, I got 30 Energon, 10 Power Tokens, 12 Topspin [FOC] Cores, and 45 Gold.

I also decided to waste 50 Gold to see what I would get from the Wreckers Special.

In total, I got 2 Twintwist [FOC] Cores, 1 Energon, and a Brainstorm.

Also, apparently, Roadbuster [FOC] takes a whopping 9999 Cybermetal and 9999 Transmetal to recruit.

And I also decided to rebalance my team. My team now consists of Cheetor Transmetal, Blackarachnia TM II, Dinobot Transmetal II, and the Daily Campaign Depth Charge, who all have high health and high First Strike values.

And speaking of Daily Campaigns, this month's Daily Campaign character is Transmutate.

3. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    The league I founded probably has a slot, but I myself just quit precisely because there IS no shot at getting something unless you have the most elite-of-elite strong leagues.

Seriously, only the top 20 leagues get the Epic bot (and only Epic bots are worth getting). Used to be top 200 leagues got such a reward.

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but newer players don't stand a chance.

4. Autobot Hound

Autobot Hound Combaticon

News Credits:
    As a newer player, it sure feels that way.
    My league was doing Ok before they changed things so much. We worked hard and got into the top 500 once or twice- and got bots for doing it. But it took a lot just to get in the top 500- and now it's not really worth it unless you make it into the top 20? That doesn't make me want to try at all. And I'd love to get Whirl but looks like he's reward only? So there's no way I can realistically ever get him?

We're still boycotting so... well, all this makes it easier to just keep boycotting.

5. heraldofunicron

heraldofunicron Well-Known Member

Check again, Dena F-ed it up and it's top 20 SOLO get the reward bot. :) 

6. Autobot Hound

Autobot Hound Combaticon

News Credits:
    *flips tables*

7. Sa173533

Actually, I checked in the game and they're still at the League Rewards.

8. dolomitex

dolomitex Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The rewards were reversed for a bit. They moved it back to top 20 leagues for the bots. Sounds like the other glaring problem is that Roadbuster [FOC] is completely unvailable as a prize or event reward.

9. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    "You got your final fantasy tactics in mah transformers!"
    "You got yer transformers in mah tactical rpg!"

10. Harbinger

Harbinger ecnayonnA

Well the missions are great (ouch sarcasm) but if the bot is on a mission they are no longer on the roster. Was going to do the daily and noticed all were gone. Sigh. I picked the wrong time to vaguely bother to try.

11. Sa173533

Suddenly, I'm up to 51 Energon. I think it's another gift by Dena.

12. Autobot Hound

Autobot Hound Combaticon

News Credits:
    Same.

And yes, the Missions are pretty underwhelming so far. You just send a bot on a mission, he/she becomes unavailable for that time period, and then you get the reward at the end of the time period. I guess I was hoping for a few battles or the semblance of a story. Nope. Or even interesting rewards. Let me know when there's a way to get a SR bot or add some cores like the FOC Prowl I got 5 cores from during a drop months ago and have hardly seen since.

13. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

Yeah, after the update, even I'm out. I have a league of one right now (me solo) and while I was doing pretty good at getting bots for the solo rewards now that's no longer an option. You have to do something REALLY REALLY bad to make me hate anything Transformers. Well done, DeNA, well done.

14. dolomitex

dolomitex Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    At this point, I'm just waiting to see if they make some serious progress on event and mission rewards. I'm also hoping they'll do another SH that isn't entirely crippled like the last one. I guess I shouldn't hold my breath.

I have to give DeNA some credit: they're doing a fantastic job of turning me into a 100% f2p player.

15. Sa173533

It seems like they fixed Roadbuster [FOC] to require 160 Cybermetal, 95 Transmetal, and 20 Event Cores.

16. Sa173533

The next event is Missions-based this time as the development team seems to be making improvements on the game and preparing more events. The two characters obtainable are Skywarp [GEN] and Thundercracker [GEN], both based on the redecoes of the Fall of Cybertron Starscream mold. Skywarp is reported to be easier to obtain while Thundercracker's more powerful than the former.

Event Update: 12/16!

EDIT: I decided as well to waste my Event Drop Tokens once more in the Event Drops. Here are my results:

-Drop 1: 30 Gold
    -Drop 2: 30 Gold
    -Drop 3: 2 Power Tokens
    -Drop 4: 15 Gold
    -Drop 5: 10 Energon
    -Drop 6: 2 Power Tokens
    -Drop 7: 4 Topspin [FOC] Cores
    -Drop 8: 2 Power Tokens
    -Drop 9: 4 Topspin [FOC] Cores
    -Drop 10: 30 Gold

In total, I got 105 Gold, 6 Power Tokens, 10 Energon, and 8 Topspin [FOC] Cores to add to the previous 12 I obtained last time to give me 20 Topspin [FOC] Cores.

17. knightmare6

knightmare6 Reflector In Disguise

Ebay:
    I got crap from my Event Cores and Drop Tokens… now I can build an army of Armada Megatrons and Brainstorms… if I bothered using either!!!

18. Sa173533

The new missions are up. And there are three options you can choose from in the Space Bridge. The first two are three tiered options for Thundercracker and Skywarp respectively, and the third one is interesting in that you choose one drop, but it could be Skywarp [Gen] Cores, Thundercracker [Gen] Cores, or Cores for one of the next event characters. I technically wasted 100 gold on it, but the second attempt was successful. The first attempt crashed my game. Also, judging by the third jet in the Quick Shot Super Sale, it looks like Energon Starscream and the fact that his cores are in the resources, this means the next event is an Energon event.

The missions are completely new. They are:

-Build Your Army I (results are 6 Cybermetal and 2 Transmetal)
    -Build Your Army II (results are 15 Cybermetal and 5 Transmetal)
    -Boost Your Warriors I (results are 2000 Cybercoins)
    -Boost Your Warriors II (results are 5000 Cybercoins)
    -Recharge And Fight I (results are 1 Energon)
    -Build Your Army III (results are 5 Scout Cores, 5 Soldier Cores, and 15 Transmetal)
    -Build Your Army IV (results are 5 Support Cores, 5 Hunter Cores, and 15 Transmetal)
    -Boost Your Warriors III (results are 6 Power Tokens and 5000 Cybercoins)
    -Boost Your Warriors IV (results are 15 Power Tokens and 12500 Cybercoins)
    -Recharge And Fight II (results are 3 Energon)
    -Build Your Army V (results are 6 Exclusive Cores)
    -Build Your Army VI (results are 15 Exclusive Cores)
    -Boost Your Warriors V (results are 6 Power Tokens and 5000 Cybercoins)
    -Boost Your Warriors VI (results are 15 Power Tokens and 12500 Cybercoins)
    -Recharge And Fight III (results are 6 Energon)
    -Daily Thundercracker (results are 3 Thundercracker [Gen] Cores)
    -Daily Skywarp (results are 3 Skywarp [Gen] Cores)
    -Skywarp Teleport (results are 2 Skywarp [Gen] Cores)
    -Quest For Thundercracker (results are 2 Thundercracker [Gen] Cores)

The daily missions are pretty unique as they only require 30 minutes each daily mission and there's only one attempt each day.

19. Sa173533

The Christmas Breaker event is live. Also, the Space Bridge has a ton of new sales.

The Christmas Special has three different rates. The first one is set at one core drop and costs 100 gold, the second one is at 3 core drops and has improved rates, plus it's at 250 gold, and the third one is at all 6 core drops and has even better rates, plus this one costs the most out of the three, at 500 gold.

The one time Energon offer is at 250 gold and you could get 100 Energon Cubes.

The last two allow you to redeem 10 Cyberchips (knew they had a use) to either get three Energon Galvatron cores or three Energon Starscream cores.

The missions are still the same as the previous event, but with the exclusion of the Skywarp [Gen] and Thundercracker [Gen] missions.

20. baconbeast

baconbeast Avid TFBT player

I got to 50 Energon Starscream cores (ESS) by using >2K gold (saved up from gold card and previous events), drop tokens and cyberchips. I figured I'd go all in as this may be one of my last events and I like both ESS, Event Galva and Reward Optimus.

My team "Prime Time" decided to join forces with 5 other guys to get into Top 20 position as "Prime Time Remix". However, it meant booting 5 of my own guys to make room... including some longtime players, which I immediately regretted. We tried recruiting more heavy hitters but everyone is on the fence given QS and the other leagues decided to play this event, driving up the EP and competition.

Stressed out, I accepted an offer to close my league and join [PD] Planet Goo. We're currently among the Top 20 but who knows for how long?

Frankly, I've started playing Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes (SWGOH) and enjoy the slower pace, less cutthroat competition / curve of the game. However, if TFBT were of equal quality (probably not gonna happen given DeNA's track record), I'd still prefer it over SWGOH.