Transformers: Battle Tactics

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by BEN182TX, Dec 29, 2014.

1. Sa173533

Sa173533 Well-Known Member

Next event is Armada: Episode 2, and everyone's still getting their jammies ruffled over the Jazz event.

2. bob31415

bob31415 Autobot

To inform you all: a boycott is currently in place by the large majority of the top leagues. More and more people seem to be joining to speak out against dena and to show the devs they are going in the wrong direction. If you are happy with the current reward structure, then go ahead and play to your heart's content. If not, join the boycott - since dena only cares about the $$$, this seems to be the only way to really make a difference.

(Those last two sentences were a paraphrase from what I've read.) I for one will be boycotting, as there is just no motivation for me to play. My only concern is that this will backfire and dena will just decide to close the game.

3. col

col Artobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'll be boycotting. If it results in them shutting down the game, fine, better than playing it in the state it's in right now.

4. Praxus07

Praxus07 Well-Known Member

The community liason over at the games official forum has now said anyone posting about a boycott over there will be banned...they ruin the game and then expect no backlash. I'd swear the devs really are just a bunch of slightly intelligent monkeys over in the TFBT offices.

5. dolomitex

dolomitex Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't mind the warp tokens part of this at all. If it's the same as the last one, it won't be too tough to obtain the cores necessary for Skywarp or Red Alert. The reward structure is really the biggest issue now. I do have to give them at least some credit for making the event bots more obtainable, and the mission system looks promising.

*EDIT* The second issue I really have a problem with is the 12 players that got screwed out of Jazz due to DeNA's initial screw up. It sounds like UltraWorldPeacePrime got a satisfactory resolution, but I haven't heard anything about anyone else getting their Jazz core counters reset once DeNA removed them.

6. Harbinger

Harbinger ecnayonnA

It appears I have inadvertently joined the boycott without knowing. I just don't know why the reward structure seems to have become so extreme for. I will probably hold on till the next update to try that out, but I am pretty close to uninstalling the game

7. GiganGoji

GiganGoji Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My league is boycotting as well. I used up all my gold on the last event trying to get cyberchips. Big waste. I'm gonna be busy with Hanukkah and such coming up, so this is fine by me.

8. Autobot Hound

Autobot Hound Combaticon

News Credits:
    Looks like my league is boycotting as well.

9. BigWillay

BigWillay Livin dat TF Life

and it will be handled like the "major" boycotts back on TFL...... the top players and groups "stopped playing" for 2 days.. then went right back to it.... its the same with the top leagues on TFBT oh we are boycotting...we are boycotting... but Im still gonna spend 22 hrs playing.... same ol same ol.. that's why DeNA doesn't care... cuz very few hold true... and the players that do... are the guys in the top 1000-5000 the spend money once in a while guys/girls... we are expendable to them. Always have been always will be.... and we will whine and complain till the next TF cash grab comes along and do that too.

10. baconbeast

baconbeast Avid TFBT player

My league is playing... although not as fanatically as before. We had 1 player retire (college student who we felt had better priorities than TFBT) and 1 inactive as starting a new job... so that makes 8 F2P guys striving to finish Top 100 in Phase 1.

Apparently, the boycott doesn't extend to game chat as I've gotten harassed several times while trying to recruit there. You'd think I was clubbing baby seals or something... yeesh!

I still enjoy playing this game - but I don't think this boycott changes anything given DeNA's track record.

11. Sa173533

During a bit of redeeming my Warp Tokens at the Space Bridge, I suddenly got a Red Alert (Armada)! The Space Bridge can be reliable, if you're lucky.

12. baconbeast

Good for you SA173533! Always nice when the Space Bridge actually works in your favor :thumbs2: 

13. AutobotMirage

AutobotMirage Wrecker

News Credits:
    I noticed that Armada Thundercracker has an Autobot insignia on his sword.

14. baconbeast

Does this mean in TF Armada he is an Autobot? Or his sword is made of Autobot parts (like his trophies)?

Anyway, was browsing through the DeNA forums and found a post detailing how King Grimlock and Ultra Prime get their Epic bots.

Interesting read... but hardly a trusted source. And I wouldn't be surprised if more such codes / easter eggs exist.

15. Sa173533

I went through the Warp Core drop off for this event six times today and half of the times I got Skywarp Armada cores, 14 in total, to add to the existing cores I had before I did the Warp Core drop off.

16. Pavol Palat

Pavol Palat Palatinus

News Credits:
    Well, giving up on this game was the best thing to do. I boycotted it in favor of earning TONS OF FREE TIME and improving my mental health (no more glitches, frustration, etc.). I made some excellent life-worthy achievements by just not grinding like crazy during strongholds and then checking my watch not to miss a 3-cube battle every 150 minutes.

Having taken a one-month break, I did log in to check what was new. I depleted my remaining coins on Wheeljack's Lab, which promised character cores, since I had quite many bots for which I was missing a single core. Well, Jackie did not drop a single core, just more of the class and exclusive cores I had thousands of. New day, same crap.
    The uninstallation was very satisfying and releasing.

I do not want to moralize here, but if you are on the fence, just let go.

17. baconbeast

No worries, Pavol. I'm happy for you and have enjoyed replying to your posts while you were actively into TFBT.

In the end, we all make our own decisions how best to indulge our Transformers fandom (my wife would say "addiction").

All the best!

18. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    FYI: To the best of my knowledge, Hasbro-DeNA partnership is to end this month. New Transformers Mobile Game Licence is with Backflip Studios. Don't think there will be any more Transformers Mobile Games from DeNA.

19. Harbinger

Harbinger ecnayonnA

Well. The update sucks. Now I wait till they give out easy stuff for everyone before they shut it down.

20. baconbeast

I agree that the new Missions feature is underwhelming. And the upcoming Ruination event just alienates more F2P players.

The scary part is that when DeNA finally starts to listen to the players and give us what we want, it will be interpreted as a sign that the end is upon TFBT.