Transformers: Battle Tactics

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by BEN182TX, Dec 29, 2014.

1. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    As a newer free player, who are the "must build" bots? Who should I get as soon as possible?

My main team is Hubcap, Vortex, Brawl, and Swindle.

Are the lesser guys still worth recruiting?

2. Jaime01

Jaime01 Member

I started off getting any of the tier 4 exclusive bots I had enough cores for they will be better than brawl or swindle. If you can grind some in the stronghold event you should be able to get several lower tier 4 bots for free

3. Atomatron

Atomatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    looking for a casual league, random one i joined has 5 players with 0 points, i'll be over 2 millions this event...

4. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Also, what are the Scout, Hunter, Soilder, and Support Cores for? I have no idea how they are used.

5. baconbeast

baconbeast Avid TFBT player

You and everyone else are welcome, dominomist :D 

Bring Drawfire 2 + one bot with team evade when facing either Computron or Devastator to tilt the odds in your favor.

I've admittedly been wiped out 3 times already (meaning total defeat - no survivors) but mostly because the game just up and decides you're not getting better than the lowest 2 rolls or ghost targeting kicks in :cry 

6. baconbeast

Hi Jaime01. The various way to get better bots are:

• Increasing your rank. This should be your primary focus / goal. Just be careful when you get to Warrior rank because you can be matched against anyone of higher rank (Warrior up to Elite!) in PvP battles (a.k.a. The Warrior Wall). So some recommend maxing at least 8 of your bots (basically your A & B teams) when you get to Guard 5 before advancing to Warrior 1.
    • Doing the Daily Campaign. This wasn't around when I started so glad you are getting or will get Carzap. Its the easiest way for new players to get Epic (5 tier or chevron) bots without joining a league or participating in events - although admittedly takes longer.
    • Joining a competitive league. I'd say focus on increasing your rank until Warrior or even Elite - then seriously compete / grind during events so you have enough event points (EP) to be considered by a Top 750 Team (which you've already achieved). Unfrotunately, if you're league doesn't continue to develop, you may eventually need to depart and find a Top 200 one so you can get the Epic reward bots. Again, you need to have a proven track record earning EP so leagues will be begging you to join them instead of the other way around.

I won't list the Space Bridge since its not an option for you or anyone else who is free-to-play. And happy to be echoed or corrected by the rest of this community :) 

I know its tough (admittedly tougher than when I first started playing back in early 2015) but hang in there.

7. baconbeast

Jourdo, there is no one-size-fits-all "must build" bot list as it varies per player.

Given what info you've shared, I'd suggest you concentrate on recruiting 2 Super Rare (4 tier / chevron) bots to replace Swindle & Brawl. I forgot which map in Stronghold (besides Extra Hard) gives out free Super Rares as part of the rewards but you should be able to get one or two there. If not, doing the Daily Campaign can help get your first Epic (5 tier / chevron) bot.

Since Hubcap & Vortex have good First Strike (FS) capability, you may want to get bots who also have FS. Most of the top players usually feature FS teams (with occasional pockets of all-defense or all-short-circuit or all-napalm teams) since whoever strikes first normally has a better chance of winning. So the bots you recruit should definitely support how you want to play.

Recruit the lesser bots once you run out of bots to recruit. Completing the roster under Characters unlocks gold (always useful) and recruiting new bots rewards 1 energon upon start + 1 energon upon end of recruitment. However, I don't recommend leveling them up unless you plan to use them. Max out the few bots you will use (cyber coins and power tokens will be in short supply at first!) and leave the rest at level 1.

Good luck!

8. baconbeast

They are used to recruit certain bots types under the Characters tab - specifically Rare (3-tier / chevron) bots and up.

For example, Jazz whom you can recruit upon reaching Warrior 5 is a Soldier so you'll need Soldier Cores to recuit him.

If you still need more info, I posted a link earlier.

9. Jaime01

Jaime01 Member

Thanks for the advise. This forum has been very helpful.

I have been focusing on leveling up and have almost made it to vet 4

The daily campaign seems very helpful so I'm glad they added that. Carzap has really helped this SH event

I have been in a top 750 team for the past 3 events and have been getting 250-300k points with tier 4 bots. I know that's not close to what the top guys are doing but hopefully I can find a top 200 team to be able to get some more tier 5 bots and earn more points and also be able to farm SH extra hard.

I'm having a lot of fun with the game so I definitely plan on hanging in there.

10. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Since I wrote this, I replaced Swindle with Jackpot then got Springer in the Hard Stonghold. after getting my ass handed to me on the extra hard, I went back into hard and got Brainstorm.

Now to get those two built up... Although I am liking Jackpot on my team.

11. baconbeast

Glad to hear. If memory serves, 300K EP with 4-tier bots is about average. Sometimes its just a matter of adjusting how you play or maximizing your free energon to nudge it higher.

For example, during PvP events, try to do 3-energon battles to maximize EP. Don't do 1 or 2 energon battles. Another is during the recent Cybertron event (where FOC Magnus was the reward bot), most people used at least 1 Jetfire 2 for his EP bonus. Yes, you could lose a battle since he is fragile - but you would earn more EP in the long run.

12. baconbeast

Ha ha ha... I used to feature 2 Jackpots in my team back when all I had were Rare (3-tier / chevron) bots. His stats have been nerfed so he was actually better before (e.g., his original FS values were 24 & 34).

Springer is versatile at the cost of less HP than Brainstorm. I'd keep both over Jackpot since they have more HP but I can understand if you keep the yellow guy around ;) 

13. dominomist

dominomist Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I am so sad. I got hit by computron 90 fs 3 times in a row and still beat him with one bot barely hanging on. I wanted to record it but accidentally skipped the option :( 
    Ah well back to grinding...

14. chansformers

chansformers butcher of the bots

News Credits:
    so my new fav team consists of g1 vortex, botcon tarantulus and springer x2,all fully maxed.(im still shocked how much it took to power up tarantulus,cybercoins first....then the crazy amount of power tokens.....)

the team's working good for me.
    I usually soften the opponents up first round with a heavy first strike from all four bots on my team.(usually from 30-42 hp hits)
    second round is when I use the two springers for multi-strikes,then vortex and tarantulus finishes off what's left.
    easy to hard,no probs,every round without loosing a single bot.

extra hard, I get three rounds in and it's over....fast.....

same as jourdo,i went back to just hard and im now on my fourth or fifth run through.
    the first few times,i kept getting chromedomes.
    now when I do a run through on hard I keep getting blitzwings.

does anyone know, at what level do you have to be at to unlock a fourth dot to use in battle besides bots?
    I currently still have only three which end up being used to either roll again and target(x1 dot) or fusion strike(x2 dots) .....

15. baconbeast

Solid team, chansformers. I assume "botcon tarantulus" = Epic (5-tier / chervron bot) or Daily Campaign Tarantulas?

Extra Hard is very difficult to finish with just Super Rare (4-tier / chervron) bots but not impossible. Several players have attested that having an army (5 - 8) of expendable Brainstorms, Springers and Blitzwings allows you to finish EH as it saves you from using your "A" team until the end.

When you say "dot", did you mean ability points? If so, then you really only get 3 of them per round. However, you can "invest" them into abilities that require more than 1 ability point to use in later rounds. For example, my current abilities are Respin, Target 1, Jammer 1, and Drawfire 2. In Round 1, if I put 1 point into Drawfire 2, this will carry over into Round 2 or later (meaning I only need to give 1 more ability point to use Drawfire 2). This works with Fusion Strike and Plasma Bomb too.

16. baconbeast

I hear ya, Dominomist. This happened to me at least twice this event (and twice with Devastator always getting his 77 FS) :cry 

Sometimes the game (RNG?) just makes the executive decision to skew rolls and all you can do is deal with it :banghead: 

My worse Extra Hard run ended up with 2 FOC Magnus, 2 FOC Grimlocks, Carzap (under-rated Daily Campaign Epic given his usefulness this Stronghold :thumb ) & Hun-gurr all out by the last battle. My finishing team was Arcee, Lord SS, Depth Charge, and Transmetal Megs :D 

17. Sa173533

Sa173533 Well-Known Member

18. Autobot Hound

Autobot Hound Combaticon

News Credits:
    I'm still building mine. My most heavy-hitting team atm is Vortex, Jetfire II, Blitzwing and Brainstorm (I got the latter two in the Hard Stronghold event). I still use Blast Off a lot (because I just like him and his First Strike and Evade keeps being useful) and sometimes Brawl to get the multi strike thing. But it's taking forever to get enough coins to up levels and I keep running low on energon.

19. RMStunticon

RMStunticon Dan Kuroto Fan

My team so far consists of TFSS Chromedome, G1 Brawl/G1 Blastoff, G1 Vortex, and G1 Hubcap. I'm hoping to get another 4-chevron bot to have all four of my bots be tier 4.

20. bob31415

bob31415 Autobot

New mini events seem pretty cool. I'll probably chip in more than I did for the last mini events. Check your exclusive tab and scroll to the end to see all of the coming characters.

Also, foc fireflight's vehicle form sure looks a lot like shockwave's from foc… this a hint that we're going to get shockwave soon? I personally would like to see him transform into a big gun from g1, but shockwave is cool regardless!