Transformers: Battle Tactics

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by BEN182TX, Dec 29, 2014.

1. Praxus07

Praxus07 Well-Known Member

No comments on the new Tarantulus? Surprised no one is talking about using him yet.

2. baconbeast

baconbeast Avid TFBT player

I'll weigh in... take in mind I don't have him (wasn't able to take advantage of the bug that made him available start of this event) but I have fought several teams sporting him and have studied / discussed his merits with my league.

First impression is that he isn't a game changing Elite. Yes, he has the highest FS (49; compared to Bonecrusher's 42 or WFC Prime's 37) for any Elite with at least +5 team armor buff but Bonecrusher still sports the higher team armor buff (+7), gives +5 team attack in robot mode and has 2 more HP. So Tarantulas is like a "rich man's WFC Prime" with higher FS and lower HP. They both even have Hot Shot in their non-FS mode!

And thus the reason you're not seeing him quite often in PvP - unlike say Spinister when he first came out. He is a solid addition to any new players who need more Elites in their team or experienced players who play "all-defense" (all 4 bots have armor buff). But you'll probably leave him out when building an "all-FS" team since you'll go for FS buff bots like FOC Grimlock or Arcee.

Still, Tarantulas has potential since his two highest FS values (43 & 49) can beat most FS bots unless they roll their highest (e.g., Arcee's FS rolls are 35+5 or 40 / 37+5 or 42 / 56+5 or 61 given her FS buff, which Tarantulus can beat if he rolls 43 or 49 FS). This is the same reason Spinister was so effective when he came out. He was a Slug-killer since his 37 / 41 / 51 FS could top Slug's 35 / 36 / 56 as long as Slug didn't roll a 56 :D 

In the end, I'll probably build 1 and see how he goes / fits with my current team. I thought I'd build 2 Lio Convoys but stuck to just 1 after seeing he didn't fit with my "all-FS" PvP approach (and after realizing I hate playing "all-defense"). Haven't regretted building 2 Spinisters though... as they are quite useful during Stronghold :thumbs2: 

3. Praxus07

Been trying to test out Tarantulus, but luckily, knock on wood, been getting mainly bot battles this event. The one time I did encounter a live player with Tarantulas on my team they forfeited at the start of round one.

I did take the second Lio though, since my list of elites is so limited having a second one won't hurt. With FOC Grim, FOC Slog, two Lio's and Tarantulas my defensive team can have +20 shielding, looking forward to trying that out.

4. baconbeast

Nice defensive team Prax... and you can win FS when you get the right rolls :) 

5. GiganGoji

GiganGoji Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was trying to figure out how to maximize points, for the league's sake. If one of us kills all but one on the other team, that would get us the most points.
    Unfortunately, there's a reason why I was 100k points above this player. I have since revamped my league and we're back in the top 200.

I actually came here with a question: what determines the length of time in which your team is in "recovery"? The time seems to be doubled when there is an event going on (non event, my team takes 30-40 minutes; in the event, my team takes upwards of one hour), but the time is different almost every single time. One hour ten, one hour seventeen, 59 minutes...

6. baconbeast

Its not event-based, GiganGoji.

As per TFBT 1.0.8 patch notes, repair time depends on the your bot's rarity:
    • Common: 15 seconds per character
    • Uncommon: 75 sec (>1 min) per character
    • Rare: 225 sec (<4 mins) per character
    • Super Rare: 600 sec (10 mins) per character

Not sure how long it takes for Epics as v1.0.8 came out before Epics were introduced but I assume its at least 3x (so 1,800 seconds or 30 minutes per Epic).

Happy to be corrected by anyone who has better / more updated information on this.

7. GiganGoji

GiganGoji Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That explains a lot - thank you!
    I clearly found the wrong correlation. I use the rarer bots during the events, and it's the BOTS that extend the time. Since I only use them during the events, it appeared that it was the event adding the length.

8. Sideswipe1954

Sideswipe1954 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am running Slug, Lio Convoy, Windblade and Arcee, and if I need to recharge, it takes me 70 minutes total or 9600 cybercoins for instant fix

9. BattleUpSaber

BattleUpSaber Result.

News Credits:
    How could you get Tarantulas when his cores aren't available yet?

10. Spyne98

Spyne98 Host of the Rock Nerd Radio Show

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's what I want to know. Was there some glitch?

11. EMP Starscream

EMP Starscream Arbiter of TFW2K5

News Credits:
    Yes some were able to recruit for free on Thursday? If I remember correctly.

Some people already have two. I've only fought people that have one though. Doesn't seem to fit the strategy I guess.

But for me an Elite bot is an Elite bot I only have three. Wouldn't mind getting two for free and then getting two more through the daily campaign.

12. JaZzPrImE74

JaZzPrImE74 Sub to my YT Supreme J

News Credits:
    I never got my combiner! I'm pissed!

13. Snarlus Prime

Snarlus Prime Well-Known Member

Nor did I. :-(

14. BigWillay

BigWillay Livin dat TF Life

For those who got a tarantulas... how is that fair to the rest of us???

15. Praxus07

Its about as fair as anything else dena does, just that this time the screw up ended up helping some folks out. It happened right after the update for the event, Tarantulas showed up under exclusive bot tab as a free bot. Some of us were lucky enough to be ingame right at that time, so I grabbed one. Was only up for free for a small window, I remember I was just starting a three cube battle when they pushed out the fix, causing me to lose the energon. Still, everyone can eventually get one so it's not like this an exclusive bot like CW Megs or something. But yeah, I'd be pissed too if I missed out on a free one.

And it still had a full recruit cycle unless you had the gold to speed it up, which I didn't, hence only getting one.

16. wolfx

wolfx Well-Known Member

Aren't they gonna fix it by giving everyone free tarantulas? :p 

I didn't get it, but i don't think its as great as a spinister or lio convoy.

17. combaticonsfrvr

combaticonsfrvr Lusus Naturae

The continue button on my victory screen isn't working :( 

18. octibon

octibon Well-Known Member

I'd say with first strike and armor buff in the same mode, Tarantulus is better than lio convoy (higher first strike overall too), especially with all the armor buff/first strike teams/support bots. His Hotshot 47 in his alt mode is pretty decent too. Assuming it does +4 damage overtime, that's 51 attack by end of the round.

19. Esquilax79

Esquilax79 Decepticon Cassette

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Missed out on the freebie but planning to have 2 by the time his campaign is over :)  More than 2 of a figure usually doesn't work unless it's really cheap (but comes in handy in Stronghold)

20. baconbeast

That's a known bug, combaticonsfrvr. Happened to me at least twice already but not during this event :banghead: 

Suggest you file a support ticket with DeNA to ideally get an energon refund :thumb  or worst case, a "we're sorry and thanks for your patience" email :redface2: