Transformers: Battle Tactics

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by BEN182TX, Dec 29, 2014.

1. Dolf

Dolf New England Transformers Collectors Group member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh and still 0 vortex cores even thought I've been fighting BOT fights with him in it whenever humanly possible.

2. Xpc0527

Xpc0527 Combiner

Ebay:
    Recently, the game would open to the loading screen, but then crash. I Uninstalled the app, rebooted my phone? And signed out of google play. Any suggestions?

3. TheSupernova

TheSupernova Out there. Thataway.

News Credits:
    Heh. My experience pretty much echoes yours, except I was actually trying with my best team - managed to drop over 200 points so far, and I don't feel like I've hit bottom yet. I'm not sure what happened to the dynamics of this event compared to previous events. :confused: 

4. Dolf

Dolf New England Transformers Collectors Group member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh I'm still losing constantly with my best team too, no idea what happened either.

I feel like I can only win at BOT fights anymore

5. PA_Kid

PA_Kid Well-Known Member

I think the only way to fix the pvp ranking thing would be to do this:
    1 - Make bot kills give more points in general
    2 - Seperate out the values better so a SR gives a lot more than a R, a R a lot more than an U, and an U a lot more than a C
    3 - Make combiners count as 2 bots of their rank (currently only count as 1)
    4 - (The big fix) Make bot teams show up based on pvp rank - meaning the lower rank, the weaker teams you get

Right now you can be pvp 800 and Command 4 and anytime it's a bot fight, it's almost always Bruticus Smash. If you were getting common and uncommon bot teams, there would be less incentive. Also if killing better bots netted drastically more points, the bulk of the teams a powerful low pvp rank player could steamroll would be rare at best (unless facing someone that did the same thing).

With the event modifier only boosting kill points (and only while that bot is alive) and the point span between bot types being small, the system currently favors a pvp dump.

Of course if they fix it like I suggest I'm sure players will find another loophole or exploit, but that's the best I can think of so far.

Oh and Dolf, at this point, to do it you probably need to be really low - like 1000 range at least. Probably too many active players well above that right now that it's still matching you against.

On the flip side, 1 Blast off and 3 Swindles have a recovery time less than 15 minutes - so if you focus fire and lose, you could gain some points and then still recover that one team faster than you could gain cubes.

6. Teratron

Teratron Kaiser Dragon

The PVP ranking system, besides its usual issues, has also been glitched since the latest update. Basically, PVP scores are falling any time you lose, but they don't always (or even never?) go up when you win. You'll get the usual screen that shows you gaining points after the match. But then if you check your points at the start of the next match, you'll see they're still what they were before your last win.

Because of that, I think pretty much everyone's scores have been absolutely plummeting. I started over 1900, and I think I'm around 1700 now. Even at the high end, the top PVP scores were over 2600 before the event. Now, the highest is just over 2300.

No Vortex Cores for me yet either. I've killed plenty of them, but they just refuse to drop. I actually had really good luck during the BW event, and managed to build a Megatron. But I'm still only about halfway to either Rewind or Treadshot, and it looks like it'll be a long time before I can build Vortex or Bruticus.

7. octibon

octibon Well-Known Member

I started the event around 1980..my lowest was 1599...now I'm around a steady 1630. I have only faced one real team that was way too easy for me (felt bad for the person). The rest were decently challenging and people who I would expect to be in the 1800-2000's regularly.

I think the PVP glitch (not being raised after wins) is a factory like mentioned previously. But in general, I think all PVP scores are low.

I think the best way would be to have a minimum PVP per tier. Anything above Warrior cannot go below 1500. Additionally, anything below Warrior cannot be above 1500. You can tier the pvp score further as you go up or down. That should keep those starting out and the veterans further apart.

8. PA_Kid

PA_Kid Well-Known Member

Well I can tell you they definitely do go up at times as I've been up and down.

I do know the +/- at the end doesn't always appear, but the new numbers do reflect the change.

Right now it's almost impossible to see any pvp scores other than the top 50 and your region. My recollection was that the top 50 sat in the 2200-2400 range in general - never saw it in the 2600's but maybe I wasn't paying attention.

I think some of people's scores plummeting is just that most players weren't pvp-ing between matches and now the top few are winning more (along with fighting among themselves).

9. dominomist

dominomist Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    That would explain a lot. My pvp score hasn't budge and I've been consistently winning. My matches have generally been fair

10. octibon

octibon Well-Known Member

Anyone know where top 750 solo event points are at right now?

11. Teratron

Teratron Kaiser Dragon

As of this moment, 91,000 points is the cutoff for top 750.

12. PA_Kid

PA_Kid Well-Known Member

134,869 is 312
    126,520 is 362

13. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

I've still got two Vortex cores. With the drop rate on this, I'll be able to get Bruticus around this time next month (after the next three events). I finally have enough for rewind and if I can get three more BW Megatron cores, I could get him too. Or if Vortex cores actually start dropping, then I could get him too. I certainly have an abundance of event cores, so really getting all three shouldn't be a problem if I can actually get the character cores.

14. knightmare6

knightmare6 Reflector In Disguise

Ebay:
    It's a damn Google update screwing you over if you're on the Droid

How To Remove

15. HeroicC300

HeroicC300 Chats with Artists

News Credits:
    Well, thanks to changing Leagues, I'll have two Brawls, and one of each other Combaticon once I can recruit Vortex.

The goal is to have two of all the Combaticons except Onslaught

16. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

Why not Onslaught?

17. TheSpacebridge

TheSpacebridge The Spacebridge

News Credits:
    Random question. I've got all the team members for Superion and Menasor but never combined them.

If you do combine them, do you loose the 5 bots as individual selectable characters?

Cheers
    Hitch

18. PA_Kid

PA_Kid Well-Known Member

Yes, you lose all the max level bots as materials to build the combiner

19. PA_Kid

PA_Kid Well-Known Member

Me too. I have Rewind and Treadshot but only 8 Megs cores and 3 Vortex.

With the 48 hour after period I may try and get those other 2 megs cores before the end of this event and then work on Vortex between this event and the next.

I had much better luck with Rewind and Treadshot - hoping at some point my luck comes back around...

Onslaught looks pretty beefy but it feels weird that I won't be able to flat out build a Bruticus for a while. On the flip side, having 2 97 HP Onslaught won't be anything to sneeze at.

20. rework

rework The Voice of Experience

Anyone seeing strange match-ups today?

90% of my event battles today have been bot teams. There seemed to be a variety this morning... But this afternoon, I got a never ending string of Bruticus battles.

And now, I'm getting a series of weak, mostly uncommon, teams.

Makes it damn near impossible to get Vortex cores if I never face him...