Transformers Authentics boxed figures

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by f90happy, Feb 1, 2018.

1. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Despite the lack of logos, the Evergreen/Authentics line is categorized under Generations by Hasbro. Remember the leaked slides?

2. Nemesis Otaku

Nemesis Otaku Why did I un-ironically call myself an otaku?

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Interesting... I\'m looking forward to pictures where we can actually see something. 

• Like Like x 2
  3. Triceradon

Triceradon Sunbow Delenda Est

Gimme’ a good Starscream, and this line will already be a success.

• Like Like x 2
  4. User_136440

User_136440 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, rings a vague bell. Still seems like it will be something that will alongside POTP and whatever comes after, given that they’re not explicitly packaging it as Generations.

5. That Guy

That Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'll admit I'm a little bummed. I don't think that they are going to put cheap toys into the generations line, but the Authentics packaging suggests to me that the after PoTP the line is going for a bit of a reset. The line will be doing deluxes and voyagers and maybe leaders based on the Evergreen aesthetic, which means that we are going to get another round of (sing it with me): "Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Starscream, Megatron, Grimlock!".

The best thing about the Primes Trilogy has been the obscure characters. I'm sure the toys will be fine, and maybe transformations will be a bit more varied since I don't think Authentics will be too concerned about cross-toy play pattern, but I just don't want any of those characters anymore.

Except Starscream, repainted as either: Nacelle, Ion Storm, Red Wing, Sandstorm, Wheezing Arrow, or some other obscure repaint.

But hey! On the positive note, maybe in a couple years after they plow through the G1 crew again we can see Authentics versions of Beast Wars characters, or Car Robots, or Unicron!

6. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    Further evidence that these are likely the same designs as Cyberverse, and that this is likely the Cyberverse toys for the Generations type detail/more advanced transformations.
    POTP still has many waves to go. So this is likely to go alongside it like other toon series toys do. So we'll have 3 lines at market. Collector centric Generations, broader and animation tied Authentics, and then the live Movie line.

Like how TF Prime had figures alongside generations and movie figures, and how TF Prime was early on considered part of Generations even though it had its own packaging. This does not mean that the classics inspired generations is going away.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Supremus

Supremus Well-Known Member

If a decent voyager seeker mold comes out of this, bring it on.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Ten years ago we had Allspark Power, Animated, Universe and Crossovers all on the shelves throughout the year.

Twelve years ago we had Cybertron, Alternators, Titanium Series, Beast Wars 10th, and Star Wars Transformers all sharing shelf space simultaneously, and the brand was (not even arguably) in a weaker position then than it is now, since we're talking pre-movie era.

I think the franchise can sustain it, don't forget there's also Rescue Bots in the mix in the Playskool aisle to cover all of the major age groups Hasbro wants to target.

I've had hope that Hasbro would do a line with G1 characters in a Generations style (or even RID Warrior-class style) to keep the big names on the shelf, freeing up more space for more obscure characters in the Generations lines. Toy Fair is going to be interesting for sure! Hopefully Hasbro goes more in depth about what their plans are for all these lines, how they relate to Cyberverse/Generations, etc. and we're not just left to wonder until they start showing up in solicits or on shelves.

• Like Like x 3
  9. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I actually really like the Evergreen designs besides Optimus, so I'm more than cool with this. I just hope they're good figures.

10. User_136440

News Credits:
    Yeah I wouldn’t jump to conclusions about this replacing what we’ve come to know as Generations. Unless they’re planning on getting rid of the Generations labelling, which I don’t think is likely seeing as there’s a Generations branded movie last be due out. Plus the way the Transformers logo is branded has started to fit a pattern, with Generations having it on a black background with the Generations logo, the main TV show having it on a white background with extra branding, the movie lines having a custom design (cyberglyphs for TLK, black and yellow for Bumblebee), and the more generic figures just having a white background with no additional branding (starting with the legions that came out simultaneously with the AOE figures, continuing with cyber battalion etc.)

• Like Like x 2
  11. User_136440

News Credits:
    True, I forgot about a lot of those side lines. Though those all were all better distinguished from each other, whereas now it’s a sea of very similar packaging. The Allspark movie figures and Animated only slightly crossed over, and Cybertron was very obviously the current main line, with the others being smaller side lines, with limited selections and shelf space, and they were all very easily distinguishable from each other.

What they didn’t have was four or five different figures for a single version of a character within each line, aside from movie figures. Bumblebee alone will have four evergreen branded figures, at least eight in the Bumblebee movie line (two gimmicks, each at four different price points), at least one in the Studio Series, and that’s without knowing how many versions of him Cyberverse will have.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2018
  12. TyrantLizardKing

TyrantLizardKing Lord of all Terrible Lizards

If it means a new good Voyager Grimlock that doesn’t combine and includes his sword I’m down.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    Like how the two RID toylines (NuRID and Prime) had the white packaging for toon lines. That's what makes me think this is a stealth way to get cyberverse toys on shelves now before the toon. Kind of like how the Batman Evergreen line did similar before the animated shorts and films based on it were released.

Normal collector-centric Generations isn't going away. If anything, this is an easier way to sell it to retailers as it's still "nostalgia themed but simpler for kids".

• Like Like x 1
  14. SHOCKWAVES LAB

SHOCKWAVES LAB Well-Known Member

This is the beginning of the end of transformers as we know it

• Like Like x 1
  15. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Sure it is.

• Like Like x 4
  16. Cosbydaf

Cosbydaf Well-Known Member

They sure seem to be building up to something. I hope they explain what the deal is at Toyfair.

• Like Like x 4
  17. Furnace

Furnace Antroid at a picnic

How so? Seems like business as usual to me. New year, new line, just like it always was.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Triggerhappy

Triggerhappy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I dreamed about the red and white packaging with the vertical logo years before it happened.

Hope we get news about the new show soon.

• Like Like x 3
  19. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Well, at least it gives these designs a chance to have toys that are actually better than what you'd get in a happy meal.

• Like Like x 2
  20. CowardlyZebra

CowardlyZebra Regeneration One Apologist

They really have to change up the packaging a bit more, shit just looks so dull.