Transformers Are Now Ponies

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by ACMagnus, Jul 30, 2015.

1. durroth

durroth Maximal

yeah, there are alot of people who obsess over characters and do weird things like have a bunch of bumblebee figures for their sig.

:p 

2. Papavader

Papavader Active Member

One: I have found memories of the show, but frankly I can't say it has aged well. Most here are not obsessing over the shows, but love collecting things that connects to their childhood. Can you say that about your 5 year old show? No, I didn't think so.

Two: At large, people will understand somebody liking tfs, even if a bit juvenile. But when they view you? Lets just say you are seen as two steps removed from the P word.

You are alowed to like what you want. Just know that your particular fandom is viewed as perverted abroad.

3. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

If I ignore that it's RID Optimus, I might buy one just for the hilarity. Imagine a pony spouting lines like "give me your face" and "we will kill them all".:lol 

Edit: Wait, are these even going to be sold at stores?

4. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

So, just like the movie forum during the movie years?

5. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The best part is the Pony-formers are one of the LESS freaky concepts shown in that article.

6. Rakzo

Rakzo Peruvian Transformers Fan

News Credits:
    I'm assuming that they don't actually transform into anything so I don't care.

... Seriously?

Is that any worse than grown men obsessing over a show aimed at kids or TOYS aimed at kids?

The lack of self-awareness around here is inexplicable.

7. AzT

AzT Moderator News Staff TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Oh but if they did - - or a MLP Combiner Wars figure, something to see that would be.

8. excelhedge

excelhedge Overseer of Weird

News Credits:
    No more than Grown men Obsessing over a show and toyline aimed at little boys.

If your using that context the Transformers fandom is just as bad.

9. Papavader

Papavader Active Member

Oh I am plenty self aware. Like I said most of us are collectors and are not obssessing on the show. That is the difference. That fandom is something linked to our childhood. But every fandom has it's obssessive types.

But MLP, what is the connection? Certainly not the goddawful cartoon of the 80's. Listening to the show with your kids and liking it is one thing. But affirming yourself as a bronnie? No. It is something that I feel is a bit twisted.

So try an compare all you want, you will find similar people in all fandoms. But they are the fringe.

The whole bronnie fandom is seen as the fringe.

10. MrSoundmeister

MrSoundmeister Bang,Bang Boom!

Ehh... Its cute... and kinda abit cheezy. Still ain't very articulated though,sooo... im guessing there's still some mixed reactions to all this.

But yeah,Im guessing it's Prime and Bee for one obvious reason.

Also the funny thing is that MLP: FIM did alot more that their predecessors.

And im guessing the connection come from: They are both from hasbro... not really the best reason.

11. Hollywood Hoist

Hollywood Hoist Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've never been to any brony convention, so I wasn't aware of what is sold there, but unless it's the only thing sold at the convention, it's still judging an entire fan base on the interests of what I would suspect is the minority.

12. DoctorsTARDIS

DoctorsTARDIS Type 40 T.A.R.D.I.S.

News Credits:
    Every time MLP is brought up on this website I'm always ashamed of the negative reaction of this community.

You are grown adults who play with freaking children's toys. You have no right to judge when most of society would look at YOU as a manchild.

The brony fandom is about friendship and acceptance. You all could learn alot from them.

[​IMG]

13. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    so its taken 20 something years for us to get a GIJoe cross over with Viper but the new MLP gets 2 toys after a much shorter time... Well I will give Hasbro credit for getting that huge stack of Brony money.

14. Monari

Monari Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This was inevitable.

Oh how I weep for my people :( 

15. calvin0

calvin0 Well-Known Member

when i saw the title, i was expecting something like this...

[​IMG]

16. Hollywood Hoist

News Credits:
    It's sad that the entire fandom is viewed that way, we certainly don't like it when people refer to the Transformers adult fans as creepy, or any of the other unpleasant ways we are seen, so why would some of us project that same attitude onto another fandom. Not all bronys are in it for the fetish, I would suspect it's relatively small number.

I think it comes down to "I don't get it, so it must be something disgusting". The thing I don't get is why so many have to think the worst of a fandom.

There are plenty of adults who enjoy kids stuff, my father loves watching Octonaunts on Disney with my son, to the point of he'll ask my son to watch it with him, instead of the other way around, and that's a show aimed at preschoolers. Nostalgia isn't the only reason people are here.

The lines between girls stuff and boys stuff is blurring, even the lines of kids stuff and adult stuff are blurring, so why are so many people here being so judgmental of a group of people who have found enjoyment out of a well done show?

I take this stuff a little personally as my 5 year old son like MLP and I'm sure in a couple years he will be bullied for it if he's still into it.

17. Hollywood Hoist

News Credits:
    I don't see a problem. I think some may take their enjoyment into areas that I personally wouldn't be comfortable with, but that's a small portion of the fan base. I have also found some of the posts on this website about TF products and media to be a little over the top as well.

Do you have an equal issue with women who like Transformers? Cause that would be women obsessing over a show aimed at little boys.

18. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Goddamn, so much fucking entitlement going on in here...from both sides of the argument!

Makes me wonder if My Little Pony should just be outright banned from being brought up outside of that isolated thread in Movies/TV, because clearly there is a problem whenever related shit to MLP leaks out into the main discussion boards and literally over half the board dissolves into this kind of worthless word-slinging.

Seriously, these are niche collector's items at best. Everybody stop losing your minds over this and/or acting like something is being offended here and white knights coming in to defend both sides. It's childish and it's been going on for five years plus at this point - GROW. UP.

To be fair, it's not like there aren't those who will defend ponies just as immaturely as those who are attacking in this situation.

Yeah, because throwing other fandoms under the bus to justify another is "love and tolerance," case in point:
    Saying "at least we're not as bad as those other guys!" is hardly anything more than a petty, self-serving argument to spare one's own interests from total blame.

19. calvin0

calvin0 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

from the creator herself, MLP isnt a show aimed at little girl... it's a freaking show for family.. which is why all brony are drown to it in the 1st place.. the new MLP show actually have a more develop character and deep storyline then any transformer show.. ever.

also brony dont become brony by watching the 80's stupid MLP cartoon.. which is a running joke for us because we brony dont get what so great about G1 like transformers, he-men and thundercat's fan often claim because MLP G1 are crap.

20. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Dude, it literally says right there that the show was created for little girls.

The key part is the "and their parents" that comes after it - MLP:FIM was written as much primarily as a cartoon that could be enjoyed by all age groups. Namely parents who were chained to the couch to watch girl cartoons with their children and normally had to suffer through absolutely brain-dead shit like MLP G3.

And furthermore, that one episode in question that was specifically pandering to the bronies? The writer literally did not want to even write that episode but eventually relented when Hasbro pestered him enough about it.

Don't cherry pick details -this is not a black-and-white situation.