Transformers AOE real 3D featurette

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by billybifta, Jul 14, 2014.

1. billybifta

billybifta Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
  2. Red Goblin

Red Goblin Veteran

News Credits:
    I don't think 3D was that good this time around, I only noticed it when we first see Creators' ships.

3. tonyformer

tonyformer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah I have to agree. There just wasn't much in the way that jumped out at me. The 3D was there, yes. But it just wasn't anything to get super excited over.

4. TUROK1134

TUROK1134 Banned

Triple the above sentiment. It was cool at times, but it didn't take advantage of the added depth like Dark of the Moon did.

The scene in Dark of the Moon where Optimus flies through the building after blasting it open, that's still the very best thing I've seen in 3D.

5. MV95

MV95 @marlinfan1995 Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Only 3D parts that really stuck out to me
    -Opening
    -Crosshairs jumping off the ship
    -Crosshairs pointing his gun at the humans

Albeit the IMAX was a lot better than RealD. Noticed a pretty significant 3D difference between the two.

6. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    I dunno... I remember thinking the 3D was pretty good. Definitely the hilight of this particular film.

7. G1DeadEnd

G1DeadEnd Bring on 5, 6, 7 & 8!

News Credits:
    Awesome 3D moments of AOE, in no particular order:

When Lucas first pulls up, look to the right of the screen, the street recedes deep, and far beyond the theatre wall.

When Shane is evading the agents, creates a smokescreen, and the pursuers crash into the tree, one guy flies through the windshield, and right past you.

When they're converging on Ratchet, the first drone closest to camera, seems to hover above the audience for a moment. Also when Lockdown transforms his face into a cannon while in the swamp, the camera rotates around him, and when he's done, the "sniper rifle" is all the way into the front row (of viewers).

Galvatron's first transformation is awesome . . . you almost "get hit" by one of the tires. Also that overpass bit is really fun to observe in slow motion, and 3D.

KSI takeover, Bee hitching a ride with Drift.

Debree, and embers flying through the air during the Optimus/Tessa abduction . . . the little elemental flurry's are filling the whole theatre -- I love it!

The corridors of Lockdown's ship are awesome to look at. Especially the laser walls. Also the anchor scene is dizzying-cool.

Gunship chase is sweet, especially, when Bee flies the ship into the tunnel.

Twenty story apartment building sequence. BingBing going down a corridor on a motorcycle, with Joshua.

Grimlock swinging his spiky weapon above Prime's head. Scorn rolling down the street followed by "parkour" move by Grimlock.

When Prime is getting sucked into the magnet, as well as the Dinobots. Bee, and Stinger atop Strafe.

Any close calls with Lockdown's weapon, during the final fight. Also the metal pipes flying around, twice . . . when Prime tosses Lockdown into them, and then when Lockdown crashes Bee through them.

There are more moments I like!

What bums me out is some of the nearly flat 3D during some of the slower, dialogue scenes -- but there is far more for me to like, than dislike in AOE, and it's brilliant 3D.

8. billybifta

billybifta Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I completely agree with you :)  I thought the best scenes were Galvatron's transformation and also the gunship chase. They both looked great in 3D

9. G1DeadEnd

G1DeadEnd Bring on 5, 6, 7 & 8!

News Credits:
    Thank you, legendary Billy Bifta.
    I'm an animator myself . . . and I'm about to re-watch your youtube channel :) 

10. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

the 3d in the Dark of the Moon blue ray disc was better

11. Mudflap2011

Mudflap2011 Soldier

The 3D was barely noticeable. Only noticed it when the title came up and the Creators' ships were floating towards Earth.

12. moylan55

moylan55 Well-Known Member

I thought the 3D was really good. For me I don't judge 3D on if it pops out of the screen or not. It's more about depth in the picture. For instance Winter Soldier had some breathtaking 3D shots, but nothing really jumped out. A few action sequences especially just had ridiculous depth to them

13. griffn29

griffn29 Well-Known Member

Actually, I really liked the 3d in this movie, at least the opening shots of the farm. It actually felt like bay set up certain scenes in the film to take advantage of the 3d, the scene in particular that I remember was like the 3/4 overhead shot with the fence in the foreground as Lucas' truck was driving in? Yeah, that was pretty cool.

14. Pinky Prime

Pinky Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It wasn't quite as good as the Dark of the Moon 3D but I was still quite impressed with how it pulled you into the movie. I saw the movie in both 3D and 2D and the difference was huge.

15. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Another vote for "unimpressive 3D". Leaving the theater, I remember thinking that nothing stood out to me at all. Not a single 3D moment.

16. zark225

zark225 Talon Productions on YouTube

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Unless future films pull off something amazing, Optimus vs the Driller in DOTM will remain the best 3D moment in Transformers.

17. EnergonWaffles

EnergonWaffles Autobot's Head Chef Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    The 3D gave me a headache :/. I just can't do 3D films that are that long anymore.

Ended up enjoying it much more in 2D.

18. Ironhide1234

Ironhide1234 Here.

News Credits:
    I don't notice anything. Everyone makes such a big deal about IMAX 3D, I watched it in IMAX 3D, took notice of the parts shot in IMAX 3D. NOTHING STOOD OUT TO ME!