transformers AOE one step bumblebee

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by primeout, Jun 16, 2014.

1. primeout

primeout Active Member

this is my fist review! and i am happy to say.. bumblebee is the coolest "one step" yet!
    he has a fun transformation, good articulation, and a nice skinny car mode.

on the bad side..

he has a tun of panel lines in alt mode, he dose not roll very well, not alot of paint apps, and the button dose not transform him.

over all he is worth it(if you are into one steps), he will not fit in your generations collection very well, but he is fun!

2. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    It took me a while, but I finally understood how the transformation is supposed to work, you're not supposed to push on the windshield, you're supposed to use it to pull the black tabs under the car out of the way for transformation. So:

-pull the windshield back
    -watch BB transform

Seriously, the instructions for the 1-Step and Flip & Change figures are the worst ever. Both the transformation and the gimmick are poorly explained, if at all. Like, nowhere on the packaging for the Flip & Change figures (well, the 3 cars) you're told to actually pull out the shoulders before spinning the figure to transform from robot to car, or to push/tab them in once you're done going from car to robot. I can see lots of parents and kids breaking gears and what not just because the gimmicks are not explained.

3. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I actually quite like this guy. Sure he's hampered by the actual gimmick (like G1 Battlechargers or whatever) but in this case the gimmick really is the toy, as opposed to the end result.

Car mode is actually quite detailed, for instance if you look just behind his front wheels there are tiny Autobot symbols moulded into the plastic. Car detailing is also all present and accounted for, the vents, exhausts and grilles are all represented. The plastic has also got little flecks of gold in it, to give it a nice sheen. It's just a shame that the paint job really is quite basic, a bit more effort and it could have made his Alt mode shine.

Transformation to robot is as megatroptimus said, pull the windscreen back, pull the tab. You also have to rotate his arms and flip out his hands, so technically this guy is really 4 steps. (1 visor, 2 tab, 3 arms, 4 hands). The upside to the extra tab step is this guy holds in car mode a lot more sucessfully then the Lockdown type of One Step toys.

The robot mode is totally hampered by the gimmick if we're honest. But curiously the level of detail is actually there. His head is a nice sculpt with three paint colours, a black crest and two tone paint for his face, silver for the actual face and oh so subtle blue for the eyes. The thing is, you can see clever little details that show that the designer did put the effort in. Looking at the wheels on his wrists you can see the now exposed sides actually have those shuriken moulded in the reverse but it's so subtle you'd never know it was there unless you looked for it.

Anyway, even though his robot mode is atrocious, getting there is the fun with this guy, and I actually quite like him.

[​IMG]

4. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You and your GIF just sold me on going out and buying this for my boy.

I seen Stinger at walmart too, I should have bought that when I seen it. Its a pretty damn solid car mode. my son will love them both.

My boy likes the one steps...Hell..Crosshairs alt mode for the 1 step is possibly the best so far...

5. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    holy crap that GIF is mesmerizing...

I think even 1 step H8ers would be impressed..

Well..they might be impressed, but still SLING THA H8!!

6. cybeast

cybeast Freelancer Pun Maker

News Credits:
    What I don't like from one step changer is the fact that they doesn't even have any articulation (or do they?) and they seem to replace the Legend/Legion/Cyberverse scale... which is actually my favorite scale.

7. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    This dude can swing his arms up at the shoulders (so two POA?) and is significantly bigger than Cyberverse Legions (and less articulated). So they don't really compare, the One Steps are totally different beasts.

Edit

Like so,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Unless you mean replacing them as the cheaper option? Well the Cyberverse scale is kinda still going, albiet currently as a bunch of shoddy repacks and repaints. Hopefully the line will be reinvigorated with the new TFP cartoon.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2014
  8. cybeast

cybeast Freelancer Pun Maker

News Credits: