Transformers AOE Box Office Tracking

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by infiniti, Jun 23, 2014.

1. infiniti

infiniti Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  2. Autobots14

Autobots14 I'm pregant Trevor

I bet my money on at least $120 million.

3. celticgaurdian

celticgaurdian Clean-up Crew

What does MTC and RS mean?

4. Pinky Prime

Pinky Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    $120 million domestic, $250+ million foreign.

5. budkilmer

budkilmer Well-Known Member

I'm wondering how 3-D and the fact that's it's almost 3 hours long(less showings) will affect it. I think it's going to underperform the first week but probably overperform the following week for July 4th weekend.

6. infiniti

News Credits:
    RS and MTC are two predictors of movie box office. RS is ReelSource, which is a company that sells box office tracking data to whoever wants to buy it. MTC stands for “Major Theatre Chain”, and is the internal expectations of a certain theater chain.

Their predictions are based on tracking – surveys of moviegoers about which movies coming out soon they have heard of, and which ones they want to see.

7. infiniti

News Credits:
    So far 16% of tickets sold on movietickets.com in the last 24 hours is Transformers. Expect it to go up higher.

8. Pinky Prime

Pinky Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The time makes no difference and the 3D will just make more money. It won't underperform in any way.

9. infiniti

News Credits:
    Since the first three films were released on a wednesday, you can't really compare since this AOE releases on friday. DOTM made 162 mil for first 5 days from wednesday to sunday. I think AOE needs to make around 135 mil for 3 days to match it.

10. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

I think it will easily cross the billion dollar mark some time this year. It should be number one at the box office until Dawn of the Planet of the Apes comes out next month. That's the only major blockbuster I can think of that comes out after AOE that can claim the number one spot for the weekend.

11. Autobots14

Autobots14 I'm pregant Trevor

Well the Dark Knight Rises was 2 hrs and 45 mins and yet it still made 160 milllion on it's first weekend if TF4 goes close to that number then yea it will be one of the highest grossing films of the year in worldwide and domestic.

12. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Should be interesting to see how the predictions work out since action films haven't been doing as well as some of the estimates out there. Although that also improves the chances of Age of Extinction being able to get the biggest opening box office of the summer.

A lot of films have been kind of front loaded as well so it should be an interesting breakdown of how the daily numbers ran.

13. uruseiranma

uruseiranma Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm going to low-ball here, and go around $90 million with my thoughts.

What will be interesting to track, is how it will do through the rest of the summer. So far, most of the films have started big, and then just died out in following weeks. Godzilla, and Amazing Spider-Man 2 did okay, and are just hovering around $200 million.

I'm thinking in total, AOE could come close to $300 million stateside, though I'm sure it'll come close to the billion-dollar mark when international grosses are figured in when it finally goes...extinct.

14. primal789

primal789 Prime

News Credits:
    $921,602,453.