Transformers animated Toys, Need help??

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Skywarp181, Mar 9, 2008.

1. Skywarp181

Skywarp181 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well i decided that im gonna look into collecting the animated figures, but im so lost since i have not keept up with the cartoon. Ive serched but im getting more confused on whats going on. So..... What Characters are out as far as just normal type of toys? Im just looking for original Transformers animated Toy. I saw that there are activators now, but im just interested in the original Toyline. Can some one post what characters are in the series as well as pics of the toys and packing? That way i dont get the wrong ones..

Thanks

2. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    We've seen plenty of pictures of a good amount of the toys that will be released this year, but we haven't seen everything, and they're all scattered out a bit. As they won't be officially released till June 22nd, you'll have plenty of time to decide what you plan to get. Here's a link to the official pictures we got from the Toy Fair. There aren't any packaging shots, but that's almost all the TF's in the line that we know we're going to be getting. Also, as far as we know, almost all the characters that are in the show will be getting some sort of toy at some point (we've been told about 99.9% will).

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers...Official-Hasbro-Images/TRANSFORMERS/ANIMATED/

I hope that helps in some way.

3. delta7890

delta7890 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    None of the Animated figures are in stores. They won't be until the end of June. The only way to get any Animated figures early is to grab one on Ebay.

4. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    There's a select few sellers on eBay selling Animated figures out of Hong Kong right now. Of them, deluxe Cybertronian Optimus, Bumblebee, and Bulkhead seem to be the most common, with Starscream and Megatron rare, and the likes of BlackArachnia, Ratchet, Lockdown, and Prowl extremely rare. All of these are factory leftovers, supposedly produced last year before the toyline was postponed. That means most are out of package, but there have been a few sweet deals on some MISB Animated figures. You just have to watch eBay carefully and wait for something to come up.

5. Skywarp181

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Cool, i had read that now they have activators, thats why i think i started to get a little confused, and didnt know what else was out. I did see this one guy had like 20 bumblebees on ebay??

6. Skywarp181

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Quick question,

so i was looking at the link provided above, so there is not gonna be just a "regular animated line", its gonna be leader, activated, deluxe ect..ect..

Man i wish it could just be one original lineup before they start the different versions like....
    " Starscream " Starscream light up " starscream removable leg " starscream fat edition......:banghead: 

7. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    The Deluxes, Voyagers, and Leaders are concidered the "main line" Everything else is grouped into subgroups of that main line (Activators, Bumper Bots, etc...). This has been the basic set-up for TF lines for quite some time now.

8. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Uh, you didn't actually say a question there...

It's regular like any Transformers toyline, it's just different size classes... Activators are basics/scouts, deluxe, voyager, leader. If you dont want the Activators, dont buy the Activators. As far as size variations go it seems each offers something new, Leader Bulkhead is a different beast completely from Voyager Bulkhead, and several at different classes are completely different between Earth and Cybertron modes.

9. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Leader, Deluxe, and Voyager are all part of the main Animated line.
    Activators are a more kid-friendly figure that are marked as such (and look fairly simplified)

A quick ebay search for "animated _______" (fill in the blank) will bring up just about any Animated figure, assuming there's one available.

Just stick with the likes of Heerotoysmaker/etoyshunter/weplaytf2 and there's no worries. He marks his stuff as it is.

10. newguy

newguy i

optimus (there is like 5 diffrent optimus primes for that series)bulkhead prowl the lockdown ratchet black aracnia bumblebee dinobots megatron starscream pretty much every charictor except ultra magnus and sential prime jazz4ever thinks that the ship is omega supriem

11. Skywarp181

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    oh okay, im starting to understand alittle...

Im just use to G1 line, and Masterpiece. Never really followed the rest. As far as the movie line i kinda just looked for what figure actually looked like in the movie...

thanks guys! :)