Transformers Animated (Japanese) Opening Theme Song Clip

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by DrillBIT, Apr 2, 2010.

1. Shawnscream

Shawnscream Member

Wow. I love that they show Ironhide, the female Starscream and Omega Supreme. If TFA Japan succeeds maybe there'll be hope for toys we didn't get from Hasbro? I love Omega and the female Starscream.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2010
  2. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    her name is "slipstream", just in case you didnt know.

3. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Impressive...

4. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
  5. Primus00

Primus00 Creator

Thanks. I do have many things to say. But, I'll save them another time.

6. prime13

prime13 UCHUU KITAAAA

News Credits:
    The Japanese know the way of the Giant robot.:D 

7. Primus00

Primus00 Creator

Finally, I can say that this series in japanese is awesome so far. But, I'm not to sure if there is any point to the Ottoboto family segment at the end for some of the episode was cut from the original for that. My guess is for promotional purposes in trying to increase the popularity of Transformers. I mean aside from the live movies in Japanese terms, there hasn't been a series since Galaxy Force for 5 years. I actually have high hopes for that reason.

8. Sapphire-Light

Sapphire-Light Red sports car

News Credits:
    Cool intro, it reminds me of the japanese intro of the '90s X-men series, where the intro was very different from the real show LOL

Wow incredible catfight :tongue:  now I want Arcee XD

The animation is well done, I think is funny how the chins are half the size LOL

I don't get why some characters that had a small screen time are in the intro :confused: 

Neat Slipstream is there, I hope takara can make her. :cry 

9. malcontentman

malcontentman Cybertronian James Cagney

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Animated as a series stunk because the action was corny and not very dynamic. It was very kiddish. The action in the Japanese intro was more exciting than all the action sequences in the entire series as a whole. I would have loved to see the series redone by the same studio that did the intro. There are other action cartoons clearly targeted at kids like Ben 10 and Teen Titans that are done in a similar style as Animated but that still have action sequences that are really good. The intro may initially pull in the Japanese audience, but the series itself probably won't hold on to them unless they are TF die-hards. Though the 5 and 6-year-olds will probably love it.

10. TM2 Dinobot

TM2 Dinobot closet otaku

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Did anyone notice that they're fighting in Washington DC? They're on the Mall, the Washington Monument is clearly visible before the explosions start, and you can just make out the White House behind Prime's head. Interesting.

11. HiKaizer

HiKaizer Plot Botherer

Some of the lines in that translation were odd. He started off well, but I think he took the line "SOMEONE TELLS ME 弱気 や 恐れ を消去して" a little too literally. Cast aside or face would sound more natural than eliminate. And the subsequent line is begging to use Transform, it seems so appropriate.

12. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They're fighting all over the world. There's also shots in Britain, France, Russia, Egypt, Japan, Australia..:) 

13. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    Yeah, it's spot the landmark as much as it is spot the TF.

I can see the Sydney Opera house, the Great Wall of China among others.

Would've really expanded the scope of the show if they'd actually used epic locations like this, but it was mostly centered around Detroit.

14. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Not necessarily. Because the original Japanese line itself is not natural. We wouldn't normally use 消去 in that context (I'd say 打ち消して/打ち負かして), the writer of the lyric is apparently trying to make it sound robotic with the use of more mechanical word there (regardless of its effectiveness), so I understand how the translator went with it.

15. Raithnor

Raithnor Well-Known Member

I thought it was "Laserwave", but then I wasn't really paying attention.

Hasbro and Takara should come to an agreement:

Let the Japanese do the OP/EDs and music and let the Americans do the story. As much as I like the Japanese created TF series, at times it crosses over into "Generic Robot Anime" for my liking. The American/English song for the American series are too stuck in nostalgia. The song for TF animated was nice but it was basically the same song from G1.

16. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah , and even then it didn't really use any Detroit landmarks, aside from a name here and a statue there. I think the sole reason it took place in Detroit was because it is 'the' automobile city..and of course, the futuristic shift from cars to robots.

They could have used pretty much any city near a big water and it would still make as much sense..that's one of the little things that I wish they'd used better in Animated.

Not really a real complaint but worth mentioning. :) 

The clone's name is definitely Slipstream. :) 

I disagree about the music, though. As catchy as this tune is, it makes zero sense for a cartoon outside of Japan. As for the visuals: while I agree this is one badass opening, it doesn't connect with the actual show all that well. In fact, it's a pretty misleading intro, and the appeal to me is seeing the Animated characters in a badass little animation movie, I don't think this is the 'better' opening (it IS more jawdropping!).

Personally I like the TF theme song incorporated into every opening, as long as it's a good version, but I can see why one would get sick of that. But let's not turn it into a karaoke-fest like the Japanese :lol 

17. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Though the Japanese transformers hasn't been too great, the Japanese have had great stories in many of their other series. I guess their transformers shows started to go on a downward spiral when they made it all style no substance. I'm glad though Marty Isenberg stepped in, his take on TFA was what enabled it to be different.

But still the action scenes and animation of TFA needed a lot of improvement. It wasn't the character designs that were a problem (Derrick Wyatt's style was good) with TFA, but the action scenes and animation needed a lot of improvement.

The opening theme of the Japanese version really is amazing and in my opinion the better opening when compared with the American version.

18. shumworld

shumworld Well-Known Member

Pupu.

19. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    On occasion. It had some pretty badly animated episodes, but for the most part the show had decent, or excellent animation quality.

20. shin03

shin03 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I agree with both you guys. I am extremely sick with the theme song because they played it to death in every series after the Beast Era. I also don't want a 90 second into in Japanese that no kid over here is going to understand. They just need to come up with a new song. I've always been a sucker for eighties style cartoon themes. something similar to Jayce and the Wheeled warriors.