Transformers Animated: History Lesson

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Fiction' started by Sol Fury, May 25, 2009.

1. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Wrote this mainly as a test for a style that I've been considering for a larger project. Please tell me what you think of it:

History Lesson

- Scene opens in a Cybertronian classroom. ARCEE is standing in the position of the teacher, before her are just over a dozen young Autobots.

Arcee – Good morning young ‘bots! I am teaching unit RC-687040. Today we shall be reviewing Cybertronian history. Access historical datatrax 9168 at index 19.

- Scene shifts to a starfield. ARCEE continues her narration, and while she speaks, a golden version of Cybertron comes into view.

Arcee – Nearly 5 million stellar cycles ago, Cybertron was enjoying a golden age of unrivaled prosperity. It was a time of exploration and discovery, a time of great learning, free from civil war.

- Scene shifts to a still of three Cybertronians at a spaceport greeting a trio of travelers modeled after Golobulus, Pythona and Nemesis Enforcer from Cobra-La. As ARCEE speaks, the still moves into the background, with ARCEE standing before the main viewscreen showing the image.

Arcee – This would all change when we made contact with a race who called themselves the Coballa. They were unlike any other race our predecessors had ever encountered – a race that used organic technology for everything that they did, from gigantic spacefaring beasts in the place of starships, to organically grown fibers for their outer shells.

- At the mention of organics, the class boos and hisses. After ARCEE calms them down, she continues. A new slide is displayed showing what is presumably the Coballa homeworld.

Arcee – At first, our races entered into a peaceful alliance. Neither of our races had encountered anything like the other before. The possibilities for greater learning and knowledge were astonishing and many of those on the Science Council journeyed to the Coballa’s worlds.

- Screen fades to black.

Arcee (with sadness in her voice) – And then came the plague.

- Still of various generic Transformers, grayed out and crumbling with vines and alien fungi on them is displayed.

Arcee – At the time of first contact, none of us realised that the truth for the Coballa’s organic technology was because as a part of their natural life cycle, they exude spores that consume metal, and the spores produce more spores even as the metal is disintegrated into its component elements. Once it became apparent that our race was dealing with a pandemic, it was too late. Several of our best minds had already gone offline.

- Still of the spaceport from before, overrun with vines and fungi. The majestic skyline is withered and gray, with buildings tilting.

Arcee – Even our cities and spacecraft were not immune. Eventually the decision was taken to cut off Cybertron from the offworld colonies, to prevent the plague from infecting our homeworld.

- Still of Cybetron’s Spacebridge hub. An operator is slumped against a wall, clearly suffering from the plague.

Arcee – It did not work.

- Fade to black. A chemical compound flows into view.

Arcee – Eventually, a young field tech named Perceptor was able to isolate the key strands of proteins that made up the plague, and was able to create a process that would allow our race to finally overcome the plague. Even at the cost of his own vocal processor, Perceptor saved our entire race from certain doom. What ships remained were dispatched with the cure to the offworld colonies. However…

- Still of a barren, lifeless, rocky plain.

Arcee – None of the offworld colonies survived. They had all fully succumbed to the plague. Our race that had spanned the stars had been reduced from a population of billions to little over 20 million.

- Still of Cybertron, looking closer to the way it does in the series, with none of its golden splendour.

Arcee - And so ended our Golden Age. Never again would we venture out into the stars, or seek contact with new life, and new civilisations. Now, instead of a network of colonies spanning the galaxy, there is a network of resource satellites.

- A buzzer sounds. The class get up and depart. After everyone has left, HIGHBROW enters the classroom.

Highbrow – That was a very moving lecture, teaching unit RC-687040.

Arcee – Thank you, commander. It is important to understand our past in order to escape the same mistakes in our future.

Highbrow – Indeed. Please walk with me, RC-687040. I want to talk to you about Project: Omega.

Last edited: May 25, 2009
  2. FuryStrike

FuryStrike Autobot

Pretty cool fic Sol Fury. Could this be the source of the Cosmic Rust plague? Points for the Coballa people, that made me chuckle

3. darksage78

darksage78 Maximal

Very nice read, definitely gives some reasoning to the anti-organic views shared by so many of the Cybertronians. Also some background to Perceptor but to his loss of his vocal processor is a bit strange, however the connection at the end to project Omega was an excellent touch =)

4. drrockso20

drrockso20 Well-Known Member

I'm going to have to steal the Coballa race for my own story:bowdown: :drunk :thumbs2: :bay :D 

5. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I personally see Cosmic Rust as being something else. This is more like a metal-eating fungus than actual corrosion. It literally breaks down metal to nothing.

Of course, Cosmic Rust could be an attempt to recreate the plague...

The way I see it, Perceptor found the cure, but to test it and make sure it worked properly, tested it on the infected, got infected himself, and managed to cure himself, but not before suffering some damage to a few systems. Hence losing the voice.

Glad you liked the Omega connection, I wanted to end it on a strong point and I thought something I could slap "not the end, but the beginning" on would be a great way to close.

No worries, they're a Hasbro / Sunbow creation in the first place. I just wanted an organic race and Cobra-La sprung to mind thanks to the Devil's Due crossover. I just changed the name slightly to make it fit the context better.

6. FuryStrike

FuryStrike Autobot

I could see that. I like it ^^ again, awesome fic