Transformers: Animated (heroes) Updated with Preview Image

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Mr Dumas, May 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr Dumas

Mr Dumas The most senior member one can be.

FYI

http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/10559.html

UPDATED WITH PREVIEW IMAGE - Super_Megatron
    [​IMG]

2. rdarkstream

rdarkstream Minicon lover

Ebay:
    what were these death threats?

3. DrGrim

DrGrim OBEY

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Wow to the second paragraph. I can't believe fans sent the Beast Machines writers death threats, that's insane. I mean, I love Transformers as much as anyone else, but in the end it's just a cartoon, not something to threaten someone's life about.

Anyway, I'm impatient to learn more about this cartoon. Can't wait for designs to show up or something.

4. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

I'm tired of just re-reading the same basic snippets all the time. Everytime some sort of press release about the cartoon is put out there. It's always the same basic info regurgitated

Hopefully at BotCon we'll get to see some REALLY juicy info regarding the new series. Particularly since it's due out on CN this year

And the irony is that 10 years later and not much as changed. Just like Marty and Robert took flack from some extremely over the top fanboys. The people involver with the movie take the same type of flack :redface2: 

5. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Hello from the Gutter

All I have to say about that article, is whoever made the death threats to Skir....congradulations, you win the biggest loser of the fandom. Seriously, whoever sends death threats over a cartoon, its the most pathetic thing I have ever heard in my life.

6. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Nothing new really. Like Shaun said... hopefully we'll learn something new at this Botcon sense it'd due out this year.

...that said... isn't it funny that we've not seen any leeked figures for a show that's supposed to be out soon?

7. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

Doubly ludicrous because BEAST MACHINES was such a creative, intelligent, well structured series.
    But, it didn't conform to the TRANSFORMERS template some people insist must not be deviated from no matter the cost so it got a bad rap and people went a little insane.

8. Super_Megatron

Super_Megatron Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
  9. Primus

Primus Beware, the modelers. Veteran

News Credits:
    Very nice. If ever there was a time to reboot the cartoon franchise, a couple months after the movie is certainly it.

Hopefully the designs are impressive as some of the more recent TF designs. I look forward to converting them from 2D to 3D :) 

10. 1987olds442

1987olds442 Cam Maximus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    I'm still meh about this cartoon... They have all become too childish over the years... Of course the original series was a little childish at times as well. If they really wanted to make a great show they should get the writers from Beast Wars or maybe Mr. Furman as well.

11. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

One of the worst things about the live action film for me has been that we get nothing but the same little bits about the cartoon thanks to every darn thing having to be about the movie.

Since there is nothing more they can do about the movie once Bot Con gets here then maybe we can get some solid news and a look at what the bots might look like.

Although I guess this answers the hard core question because I'm not really all that upset about Marty Isenberg working on the series so I must not be hard core. Yes I really didn't like Beast Machines, but compared the last couple of years at least the writing was more intelligent even if it wasn't my cup of tea. Guess that's why I say give the guy a chance to see what he learned about what works and what doesn't work from his time on Beast Machines.

Guess I'm just a weird bugger but I'm actually more excited about the cartoon than the movie.

12. PopCulturePooka

PopCulturePooka Longest running avatar

News Credits:
    That preview image hardly fills me with confidence.

I don't think 'stylised' works for Transformers.

13. Zzeezz

Zzeezz Ambassador of Music TFW2005 Supporter

Can't really tell from the preview image, and maybe its the knowledge that its done by the Teen Titans guys, but they don't really look very robotic.

Beast Machines was well written for the most part. This could be good.

14. Primus

Primus Beware, the modelers. Veteran

News Credits:
    It actually does fill me with confidence. They have a very talented team working on this. I'm a little surprised to find myself looking forward to the show. I honestly haven't been into any of the past shows recently, but if they can weave the episodes together in such a fashion that it keeps me interested I will be very happy.

I think the key to television these days is continuity. Not specifically continuity with past iterations of TF but continuity across the episodes of an individual season. You know, episodic television.

15. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

...if I'd have to wager a guess, I could see in that 'image', going from left to right:

Prime, Prowl, Bumblebee, ????, Starscream

I'm sure of one thing, this show will have much 'better' writing then the last four series. And I know that because we, as the english speaking portion of the fandom, won't have to suffer through bad translations and poor redubbing of stuff that was aimed at a much different audience. It will be made in NA so it will be more focused towards our tastes. Even though it may share some anime-esque traits, much like how anime shares some western influences, the difference between the two styles will be very plain to see.

....now I just hope the bots look good.

16. Turnpike

Turnpike Brawl is my bee-otch

That preview image... What the... IS THAT?! o_O  I can't make heads or tails on it.. Doesn't look like anything but random vector graphics. :\

17. Pidgeot018

Pidgeot018 Pokécon

I can live with a 'stylised' look. They may look simplistic or even slightly deformerd, but if it means more on-model shots and no cheap "cell-sliding" techniques, I'm all for it.

18. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

As I've said elsewhere we'll see.

19. JKahn913

JKahn913 Bunch of Mooncalves

I think Bumblebee is the third image.

20. Dreweido

Dreweido Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Really... I've seen a lot of different styles of TF's on the web through fan art pages and art sites. I think it's a really good chance to be well done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.